Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,428 members, 7,819,556 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe (972 Views)

Kate Owoko Builds Floating Toilet In Bayelsa. Invites Press To Commission It / Senator Ogunlewe, FUNAAB VC, Bursar Arraigned In Court Today / Protesters Storm APC National Secretariat, Deride Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe by PerfectFortune: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
Moyosore Ogunlewe, lawyer turned politician son of the former minister of works, has said his dad, Sen. Adeseye Ogunlewe does not have a single property outside Nigeria.

Barrister Moyosore said this while reacting to a question in an exclusive interview with Metro Times NG at his residence.

He also expressed disappointment over politicians grossly enriching themselves and their families with public funds, says Nigerians need to look beyond party politics in other to make the right decision at all times.

His words: “A lot of people don’t know that my father, Sen. Adeseye Ogunlewe is a much disciplined man. We don’t have a single toilet in the UK or anywhere else outside Nigeria. As I speak to you, we have only three houses in Nigeria – there is one in Igbogbo (Ikorodu area), one in Ikorodu town and the one given to him as a perm sec. He doesn’t even have a land anywhere else…not in Abuja, Lekki or Ikoyi.

“We have a lot of thieves parading themselves as politicians in Nigeria today. They claim to be our leaders whereas they are our killers. They feed us with all sorts of lies before the elections and immediately after getting hold of the mantle of office, they are nowhere to be found. It is really disappointing and Nigerians need to begin to look beyond party politics to get it right.”

On the issue of perceived delay in President Muhammadu Buhari’s economic reform policies and nomination of his cabinet, the young politician and entrepreneur said it is too early to start criticizing the president, urging Nigerians to be more patient, put political interest aside and support him in moving the country forward.

“I want to urge Nigerians to put all personal, political….whatever interest aside and join hands with Mr. President in moving the country forward. I mean, it is too early for anybody to start tagging the president as incompetent when it is obvious that the nation is currently on the right path. We should all give him a chance to prove himself as the current Nigeria situation is that which requires one to make haste but slowly. A lot has been achieved in three months of his stay in office and a lot obviously needs to be achieved. I believe Mr. President deserves the right to be given a chance to fix things as he deems appropriate.”

The Buckingham University graduate also restates his commitment to continue to help the youth especially in the area of education and training by partnering with stakeholders to bring about positive development as way of reducing youth rascality within Kosefe area of Lagos.

Moyosore Ogunlewe contested under the platform of the PDP for a seat in the Lagos State House of Assembly, Kosofe Constituency II and was defeated by a slight margin of 87votes by closest rival Hon. Bayo Osinowo of APC. Rigging has been alleged and the case is currently at the tribunal for hearing.

http://metrotimesngr..com.ng/2015/09/we-dont-have-single-toilet-in-uk-100.html

Re: We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe by chimoskyg(m): 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
Everything the government
Re: We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
As clueless as his father shocked

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe by PerfectFortune: 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
Keneking:
As clueless as his father shocked

You honestly need to read what he said before commenting and if you must, please tell us what he said that makes him clueless as claimed.

I think he deserves kudos for wanting to continue to help the youth around him despite loss at the poll.
Re: We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
PerfectFortune:

You honestly need to read what he said before commenting and if you must, please tell us what he said that makes him clueless as claimed.

I think he deserves kudos for wanting to continue to help the youth around him despite loss at the poll.

Do you know his father well?

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe by Abbeyme: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
Really
Re: We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe by PerfectFortune: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2015
Keneking:

Do you know his father well?

I sure know his father as the ex-minister but that has got nothing to do with the topic here. He simply stated his opinion about PMB's 100 days in office criticism and his plan to help the youths within his community in the area of education. That, I think is not a display of dumbness rather that of strength.
Re: We Don’t Have A Toilet In The Uk, Too Early To Deride Buhari – Moyo Ogunlewe by wytecat: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
So what does he do with the money that's being shared there?

Does he refuse to partake in all the bonuses?

Please tell us he refuses to collect his share, that's what we want to hear , and how he's working to get g others cut their allowances.

(1) (Reply)

Heartbreaking Photos Of Malnourished Children Rescued From Boko Haram Camp. / ‘2019 Election: Best Time For Ndigbo To Produce Nigeria’s President / BREAKING NEWS: Former Bayelsa State Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.