Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,837 members, 7,862,749 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:33 AM

Nothing Lasts Forever! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nothing Lasts Forever! (438 Views)

Can "Forever Aloe Vera Gel" Completely Cure Peptic Ulcer / College Student Creates Battery That Lasts Forever / Pictures That Show That Nothing Last Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nothing Lasts Forever! by Haryomhe(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2015
I have been converted!
I am now a faithful believer in the concept "TIME".
The nostalgic feeling that comes along with the thoughts of who I was two, three, four, five years ago is my biggest conviction. Not that I was a bad person, not that I was a "low-life", uninspired or just another young boy walking the surface of this planet without a real idea of what "life" really is.
No! I was much more than that. I just happened to be someone in his own world, living by the moment and doing things his own way. I cannot categorically say I can remember much of who I exactly was some years back but one thing is sure, I was not half the person I am right now.

"Dreaming only lasts until you wake up and you find you’re not asleep.
Silence only sticks around till someone in the room decides to speak.
Luck runs out and hearts go cold, we’re only young until we’re old and summer leaves us wondering where it went.
The friends you have can disappear, the whole world can change within a year and money only lasts until it’s spent.

Truth will change and time will fly, the party lasts until the wine is gone.
This time next week the radio will change its mind and play a different song.
We stay in touch till we forget, beauty fades the kiss will end and fame will love and leave you just as fast.
You’ll have it all Until it’s gone the books get burnt and statues fall, sometimes feels like nothing will ever last".

Those were the words of my favourite musician and songwriter, Emily Sandé on her track titled "Lifetime" from her album "our version of events"
Although, when she wrote this song she claimed it was a transition period in her life, when she had to choose between what she was doing (who she was) and who she is right now. But the fact still remains that nothing, I mean "not-a-thing" lasts forever. Not wealth, not health, not power nor position and not even "the greatest element of human life; love". They all would disappear with the moment. Indeed, time changes all things!

Two years ago, Range rover sport was the proof of wealth among Nigerian artistes but right now every one is hustling to get a mercedes benz G-wagon.
In men's fashion world two years ago, no one would have thought we would be rocking the present craze of vintage shirts with brouges.
Its funny how things that hurt some days, weeks, months and years ago don't matter anymore. Its funny how you move on from that heart break that seemed liked the end of the world, its funny how the exam you failed in secondary school doesn't matter anymore now that you are in the university.
All these are evidences that converted me. Its all going to pass away with time! Its pointless chasing or holding on to ephemeral things when I know they wouldn't matter in a couple of years.
This is not to say am against luxury, No! In fact, am a lover of the luxurious items. Just that I strongly believe that a fine line should be drawn between things that are ephemeral and important ambitions. More energy and time should be channelled into acquiring assets that brings luxury.
Re: Nothing Lasts Forever! by POWEROFPEACE(m): 3:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
Nothing of course last forever but Jehova God Liveth forever more.

(1) (Reply)

Hello. Who Has Lie Like This Before / The Igbo State Creation And The Anioma Proposal / Saga: Abadoned Nigeria Students Cried For The Help Of Buhari To Save Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.