Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

After Buying A Nigerian Used Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / After Buying A Nigerian Used Car (1062 Views)

US Sheriff Forced To Repay N25m After Buying An Hellcat With Seized Drug Money / 11 Most Used Car Brands In Africa – Autojosh. / How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Buying A Nigerian Used Car by nenade: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2015
Good all,
please I would like to know what I need to do after buying a nigerian used car for the car to become mine officially and what are the cost implication. The car I have in mind still has the old plate numbers.
Re: After Buying A Nigerian Used Car by victor2008(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
Change of ownership in a police station, go to MOT to upgrade the papers, go to FRSC for new plate, everything budget 50k
Re: After Buying A Nigerian Used Car by lourash(m): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2015
nenade:
Good all,
please I would like to know what I need to do after buying a nigerian used car for the car to become mine officially and what are the cost implication. The car I have in mind still has the old plate numbers.

budget 30k apart from insurance except you want to do third party insurance.
Re: After Buying A Nigerian Used Car by nenade: 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2015
victor2008:
Change of ownership in a police station, go to MOT to upgrade the papers, go to FRSC for new plate, everything budget 50k
Tanx guys. Abeg, which one be MOT? And also, can u give me an idea of how much the police might charge for the change of ownership?.
Re: After Buying A Nigerian Used Car by lourash(m): 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
nenade:

Tanx guys. Abeg, which one be MOT? And also, can u give me an idea of how much the police might charge for the change of ownership?.
you can always get one of those agents to do it for you without having to go around yourself except you are lucky to have time
Re: After Buying A Nigerian Used Car by victor2008(m): 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2015
Change of ownership find someone in PCRC let him help starting price from 5k to 15k depending on the type of car and the person u using, MOT ministry of transport, everything is now computerized u can't Dodge u have to pay, there are some private operators around

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Tokunbo Engine For RAV4 / Man Survives Ghastly Motor Accident Along Airport Road, Abuja (photos) / Automatic Car Gearing System How It Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.