Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! (14322 Views)

Deeper Life Church Builds Park And Bridge In Lagos (Photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2015
This news has been circulating around recently that a Ka'abah has been built in Nigeria . Is this true? or is it some other African country?

If its true please tell me the location. make I go circle it.

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by Aminat508(f): 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2015
Kaabah ke? I dont believe

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
Aminat508:
Kaabah ke? I dont believe

Its time you start believing . Im sure this took place in Yorubaland. thats the only place where every God on Earth roams fearless!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by MISSNORA(f): 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2015
angry
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by dejavski(m): 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2015
What's kabbar?
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2015
dejavski:
What's kabbar?

Its a shrine for housing Arab Gods like Allah/Hubal, Wadd , Tayy, Al Uzza, Manah , Al Lat , Yaguth ,etc. that has now had its idols representing these Gods removed and is being itself used as a large idol by muslims to represent Allah (Hubal) .

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by dejavski(m): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Its a shrine for housing Arab Gods like Allah/Hubal, Wadd , Tayy, Al Uzza, Manah , Al Lat , Yaguth ,etc. that has now had its idols representing these Gods removed and is being itself used as a large idol by muslims to represent Allah (Hubal) .

So why are they bringing it here? Are we arabs

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2015
dejavski:

So why are they bringing it here? Are we arabs

I didn't bring. They are slaves who brought it here.
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by dejavski(m): 9:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

I didn't bring. They are slaves who brought it here.

Lol slaves ke In 21st century
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by yuppyninety4(m): 9:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
STOP misguiding with fake news.

T OUBA, Senegal (Reuters) -

More than a million Muslim pilgrims packed Senegal's remote northeastern city of Touba on Thursday as members of the powerful Mouride brotherhood flocked to "Africa's Mecca" from across the world.Huge crowds moved shoulder to shoulder in the sweltering heat around the marble Great Mosque as devotees from Senegal joined with Mourides returning from overseas to pay homage to the Sufi Islam movement's founder, Cheikh Amadou Bamba.The "grand Magal", or "great pilgrimage" in Senegal's national tongue Wolof, commemorates Bamba's exile in 1895 by French colonial authorities, who feared his growing influence."This is an extraordinary day. People have come from across Africa, from across the world," said Abdoulaye Gueye, 39, from Senegal's southern town of Ziguinchor. "What you have in Mecca, the prophet of Touba recreated here. It is the same thing."Lines of pilgrims waited hours in the dust and blistering heat to enter the vast mosque, whose 87-metre (287-foot) tower dominates the skyline of Touba, a holy city controlled by religious authorities where drinking and smoking are forbidden.Dreadlocked disciples known as Baye Fall dressed in baggy patchwork clothes blew whistles and brandished huge wooden clubs to keep the crowds in order. Many shook silver begging bowls and demanded donations for their religious teachers, or marabouts.All over town street hawkers sold T-shirts and necklaces bearing the one surviving black-and-white photograph of Bamba, whose doctrine of hard work as a means to reach paradise has made the Mouride order wealthy and powerful in Senegal."If you pray here in Touba, God will listen to you," said Abdou Magib Sow, 64, who has been coming to the Magal since he was 19. "Every year there are more people."TRADITION OF HOSPITALITYTens of thousands of pilgrims arrived throughout the night as traffic jams stretched all the way through the countryside to the capital Dakar, 200 km (125 miles) southeast.Hotels are forbidden in Touba but residents have a proud tradition of hospitality and provide food and accommodation to pilgrims. Hundreds of beggars and cripples roam the sandy streets around the mosque in search of alms."Here I can earn enough to sort myself out, and then I will return next year," said Abdoulaye, a one-legged cripple bent over his crutches, who had travelled from neighbouring Mali.Inside the mosque, pilgrims bowed their heads against the mausoleums of Bamba and his four dead sons, slipping coins through the grating. The current Caliph of Touba is Bamba's last surviving son."After the Prophet, Cheikh Mamadou Bamba has been the person who has most influenced Islam," said Mamadou Sarr, a guardian at the tomb of Bamba's best-known disciple, Ibra Fall, the founder of the Baye Fall movement.Around the tomb, Fall's followers -- who substitute work for their marabout for the five daily prayers of Islam -- wailed the Arabic name of God in a ceaseless chant.The commercial clout of Mouridism extends far beyond Senegal. Many Senegalese overseas -v- including street sellers flogging fake name-brand goods in European capitals and New York -- are industrious Mourides following Bamba's strictures.From a tiny village at Bamba's birth, Touba and neighbouring Mbacke have become the second largest conurbation in Senegal after Dakar, with a population of more than half a million.Mouridism is also a powerful political force. President Abdoulaye Wade, re-elected last month, is a member of the brotherhood and travelled to Touba the day after he won power in 2000 to thank religious leaders for their support.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by Demmzy15(m): 9:40pm On Sep 07, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

[s]Its a shrine for housing Arab Gods like Allah/Hubal, Wadd , Tayy, Al Uzza, Manah , Al Lat , Yaguth ,etc. that has now had its idols representing these Gods removed and is being itself used as a large idol by muslims to represent Allah (Hubal) .[/s]
Being a pagan doesn't mean you shouldn't have sense, Allah is not Hubal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by onetrack(m): 10:03pm On Sep 07, 2015
yuppyninety4:
STOP misguiding with fake news.

T OUBA, Senegal (Reuters) -

More than a million Muslim pilgrims packed Senegal's remote northeastern city of Touba on Thursday as members of the powerful Mouride brotherhood flocked to "Africa's Mecca" from across the world.Huge crowds moved shoulder to shoulder in the sweltering heat around the marble Great Mosque as devotees from Senegal joined with Mourides returning from overseas to pay homage to the Sufi Islam movement's founder, Cheikh Amadou Bamba.The "grand Magal", or "great pilgrimage" in Senegal's national tongue Wolof, commemorates Bamba's exile in 1895 by French colonial authorities, who feared his growing influence."This is an extraordinary day. People have come from across Africa, from across the world," said Abdoulaye Gueye, 39, from Senegal's southern town of Ziguinchor. "What you have in Mecca, the prophet of Touba recreated here. It is the same thing.

I have been to this place (Touba, Senegal) and this picture of the African Kaaba is not from Touba. But yes the Mourides have an interesting version of Islam, better than most other versions because their founder, Bamba, was a pacifist.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by Annunaki(m): 10:41am On Sep 08, 2015
Demmzy15:

Being a pagan doesn't mean you shouldn't have sense, Allah is not Hubal.

Sharrap allah is a pagan idol tongue

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by Demmzy15(m): 11:01am On Sep 08, 2015
Annunaki:

Sharrap allah is a pagan idol tongue
Mumu! undecided
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by truthman2013: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
This news has been circulating around recently that a Ka'abah has been built in Nigeria . Is this true? or is it some other African country?

This was built to prepare those going to hajj on how to perform hajj rites. This is more like an edifice for practise and not what you wanted us to believe.

So I will ask: Where did you get the picture from?

We should be asking you, atleast you got the picture from somewhere, and it is either you took the pics at the location or downloaded it from a particular website, Perhaps you should provide the link.

Go circle it? lol.

truthman ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by GooseBaba: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2015
truthman2013:

This was built to prepare those going to hajj on how to perform hajj rites. This is more like an edifice for practise and not what you wanted us to believe.

So I will ask: Where did you get the picture from?

We should be asking you, atleast you got the picture from somewhere, and it is either you took the pics at the location or downloaded it from a particular website, Perhaps you should provide the link.

Go circle it? lol.

truthman ...

Bros, so you mean to tell us that africans built a stone in order to practice how to worship an alleged supreme diety whose pivotal point of worship is another bigger stone in a non african country.

Abeg, no come dey disgrace african slaves, ooops african muslims for here oh.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by haffaze777(m): 6:06am On Sep 09, 2015
GooseBaba:

Bros, so you mean to tell us that africans built a stone in order to practice how to worship an alleged supreme diety whose pivotal point of worship is another bigger stone in a non african country.

Abeg, no come dey disgrace african slaves, ooops african muslims for here oh.

wisdom is too high 4 a fool.(foolish pple neva
pay attention to d advice of intelligent folks.)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by GooseBaba: 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2015
haffaze777:

wisdom is too high 4 a fool.(foolish pple neva
pay attention to d advice of intelligent folks.)

Just because I stated the obvious you come dey provoke like deranged monkey..kindly put your emotions aside and show me the wisdom/advice that I'm missing..I await.. undecided
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by haffaze777(m): 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
GooseBaba:

Just because I stated the obvious you come dey provoke like deranged monkey..kindly put your emotions aside and show me the wisdom/advice that I'm missing..I await.. undecided

I don't argue with someone like u,pls don't mention me again because I don't have ur time
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by GooseBaba: 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
haffaze777:

I don't argue with someone like u,pls don't mention me again because I don't have ur time

Sharrap dia...! Who mention who first...

With your knee jerk emotional outburst you cannot support your useless comment.. Show me the wisdom/advice that I missed...
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by haffaze777(m): 10:02pm On Sep 09, 2015
GooseBaba:

Sharrap dia...! Who mention who first...

With your knee jerk emotional outburst you cannot support your useless comment.. Show me the wisdom/advice that I missed...

click click boom
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by maverickboy: 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

Last time i checked, Nigeria has just 36 States. I'm very sure u can't tour it all b4 u find ur kabba. Safe journey!

And Thanks for the humor!
Re: Nigeria Builds Its First Ka'abah?!!!! by GooseBaba: 1:33am On Sep 10, 2015
haffaze777:

click click boom

And this is suppose to be what again...?

(1) (Reply)

Mecca Stampede: Nigeria Death Toll Rises To 64 As NAHCON Identifies More Bodies / Peter Ejiofor's Wife Delivers Quadruplets: 4 Boys After 7 Years (Photos) / Pictures: A Thread For Children And Their Christmas Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.