Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear (871 Views)

Rex Onyeabor, Jonathan's ‎Campaign Manager Defects To APC / Revealed: Seized 47 Suvs, 100 Motorcycles Bought For Jonathan’s Campaign / 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear (dailytrust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by ThisisBuhari: 5:18am On Sep 08, 2015
Thousands of groups that supported former president Goodluck Jonathan’s re-election bid have disappeared from the Abuja landscape.
There were over 6000 such groups in the build-up to the presidential election in March which Jonathan lost to incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari.
With huge resources at their disposal, the groups dominated the airwaves and pages of the print media but soon after the defeat of the former president, most of the groups disappeared.
The physical structure of a prominent group, the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN), which played a significant role in the election campaigns of Jonathan, has been taken over by an oil company, Daily Trust has reliably gathered.
Aside from the taking over of TAN’s structure, all majors groups that campaigned for Jonathan’s re-election have closed shop, visits to their offices by our reporters have revealed.
At the peak of the 2015 campaigns, the groups were screened, registered and merged by the office of political adviser to former president Jonathan, Professor Rufa’i Alkali, under the name of Goodluck Support Groups (GSG) in 2014.
Prior to the commencement of the 2015 campaigns, TAN, sponsored by Ifeayi Uba, toured states across the country where millions of signatures were collated in support of Jonathan.
The activities of the group that expended billions on Jonathan campaigns were coordinated from Maitama District of Abuja. Expectedly, the area became a beehive of political activities.
But a visit to the secretariat of the group last Thursday revealed that it has become a hub for oil business. The place is now occupied by Capital Oil.
On arrival at the office of TAN, located at No. 10, Oguda Close, off Lake Chad Crescent, Maitama-Abuja, Daily Trust reporters were told by the police and other security personnel there that “TAN is dead, it died after elections.”
A policeman who craved anonymity said: “This place is no longer a political arena. It is now an oil company.”
 Similarly, the central office of the Goodluck Support Group (GSG) was locked when Daily Trust visited at Area 11, opposite the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), Abuja.
There were no security personnel there and it was deserted. Only the inscription: “The Nigerian Mandate 2015” was seen written on the wall of the building.
In a telephone interview, TAN’s director of communications and strategy, Udenta O. Undenta, said TAN was a platform designed to showcase the achievements of Jonathan for him to be accepted and re-elected by Nigerians.
On whether TAN would resurrect in 2019 to support whoever emerges as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Udenta said that is not yet clear.
He said: “I am in Lagos now, when I come to Abuja, I will call you so we can have a chat on that.”
Similarly, a visit to the office of Goodluck Initiative for Transformation (GIFT) at Wuse 2 revealed that the office no longer exists.
Security operatives were not seen at the gate while the phone line of the national coordinator of the group, Engr. Chinedu Okpalanma, could not be reached.
GIFT was the first group to ask Jonathan to declare his intention to run for the election. The group had kept vigil for weeks at Unity Fountain, Maitama-Abuja, insisting that Jonathan must declare his intention to contest before it would leave the premises.
However, a call and text message sent to Professor Rufa’i to find out whether the groups under the aegis of GSG were repositioning to support the PDP in the 2019 general elections were not responded to.
Chief Olisa Metuh, the PDP national publicity secretary, in a telephone interview with Daily Trust said: “I can’t talk about groups for now but our structures at the ward, local government, zonal and national levels will work hard for the success of the party.
“But, of course, the elections will not come and go without groups supporting our candidates. Groups must also participate in ensuring the success of our candidates. So if you say the groups have disappeared, well, it may be because of one reason or the other, but I think we will have groups that will help in selling our candidates.”

Source:http://dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/6-000-jonathan-campaign-groups-disappear/109864.html

Goodluck Support Groups central office in Abuja. Photo:

Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Pavore9: 5:19am On Sep 08, 2015
Law of nature....when the source of nutrient is cut off, it dries up! cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by HungerBAD: 5:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Many people scammed President Jonathan.

The Re-election jobbers took Billions from him. Shame somebody in the Academia, like Jonathan did not have the intelligence to recognize lots of scams when they came his way.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by SupremeNG: 5:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Na so
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Yeske2(m): 5:33am On Sep 08, 2015
What binded them together(money) is gone so what are they waiting for? Group of bloody sycophants.

4 Likes

Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 08, 2015
Abi nah; sitdon, chop all your money, tell u bye bye. - people

3 Likes

Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Imortal001: 5:36am On Sep 08, 2015
Ok..
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Femolacaster(m): 6:05am On Sep 08, 2015
Bunch of sycophants.....thank God their clueless president was booted out.

3 Likes

Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by eleko1: 6:07am On Sep 08, 2015
grin grin grin They don port sharp sharp grin.NO wonder,we nor read BarcanisaTAN book of Lamentation again..Pa Chukwudi44 aka 430 go soon run.All thanks to baba Daura wink.

2 Likes

Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by eleko1: 6:14am On Sep 08, 2015
Good riddance to bad rubbish.May we neva see Pharaohs/Egyptian(PDP) again sad
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Pangea: 6:22am On Sep 08, 2015
Jeun Jeun groups!
The arrangee supporters and praise singers who led Jonathan astray!
May we never see such jamboree again in our polity!
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by kennydee05(m): 6:26am On Sep 08, 2015
After scamming him.
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:28am On Sep 08, 2015
TAN ko sanTANist ni.

Useless set of people.
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:38am On Sep 08, 2015
Here on Nairand, some of those that scammed Jonathan have either deleted their handles or using new ones. Barcanistä, Ngwakwe (IsraeliAIRFORCE), Idumuose, Tit, etc are some.

Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 08, 2015
Mumu, yeye, heartless, clueless, unreasonable, senseless drunkard they call president; and these fools still had the guts to set up campaign groups and syphoned millions of dollars from that cretin...
Anyway, like I have always said, the problem of Nigeria is Us, not just the leaders as the leaders is just a reflection of us... "The Black man with Black brain". I just believe the Blacks are born to serve; we should be recolonised again, but this time for Life..... blackmen ruling themselves for over 50 yrs and counting; and can't seem to get ur acts rights.... thesame thing the awlolowo's and Zik used in campaigning (creating good ,lights,roads, water, housing) is still same thing contemporary politicians campaign with, and I also forsee, campaigning with same in 100yrs time... Black Devil (peter bother was right afterall)... Nonsense...

As for those that will quote me; to rain abuses on me; I have developed thick skin to that, donot waste ur time, u should spend that time thinking and pondering about all the legitimate points I raised here have a genuine introspection purge urself of sentiments or bias; and be truthful to urself and accept our drawbacks; that's the only way to reallign ourselves for a better blackrace...

Finally, for car owners, pls check my signature...
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Ofunaofu: 6:42am On Sep 08, 2015
ofcourse they have to close shops, after election no more campaign.
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 08, 2015
Political jobbers and sycophants..... tanoids and the rest....3 years from now, am expecting noise again...
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by oduastates: 6:55am On Sep 08, 2015
Power is transient
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by permsec: 7:06am On Sep 08, 2015
Disappear? U mean like evil spirit in Nollywood movies?

When power change hands such things are bound to happen... Some are still in exxistence, some were established to gain popularity, some were setup on the purpose of eyeservice.

Abi u want make PMB begin probe them via BL(Body language)?
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by donholy28(m): 7:07am On Sep 08, 2015
Why should they remain? when their money making machine has collapsed
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by Jaideyone(m): 7:25am On Sep 08, 2015
Uba scamed Jonathan. He got capital oil back. TAN is pointless now
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by EKONGKING: 7:30am On Sep 08, 2015
Those saying Sai buhari will also disappear by the end of buharis tenure. cool.
Re: 6,000 Jonathan Campaign Groups Disappear by kuuljay(m): 7:55am On Sep 08, 2015
they are on nairaland wailing day and night grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's De-Radicalisation Program For Boko Haram Inmates-Reuters/IRIN / Pics 4rm Northern Governors Meeting 2 Expose & Prosecute Boko Haram Sponsors / An Open Letter Nnamdi Kanu MUST Read, NOT Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.