Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,508 members, 7,770,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:33 AM

Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise (8975 Views)

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? / Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 08, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

I attended the 3 months Access bank training school and subsequently signed a N2m bond and worked for them for 15months before I moved on with my life.

Access has written to me the below demand letter that I am indebted to them in excess of N3m on the bond after I left. This was sent to my e-mail account.

Please should I just ignore these people?

Lalasticlala, seun, Crazyman, 1forall. front page please

Good day xxxxxxxx

DEMAND FOR SETTLEMENT OF YOUR OUTSTANDING INDEBTEDNESS OF N3, 134,230.21

We refer to your outstanding indetedness to Access Bank Plc.

This is to inform you that consequent upon your continued failure to settle this debts, your account is currently in debit of N3,134,230.21 (Three Million, One Hundred and Thirty Four Thousand, Two Hundred and thirty Naira, twenty one Kobo) which sum continues to accrue interest at default rate.

Accordingly, we hereby demand for the immediate repayment of the sum of N3, 134, 230.21 (Three Million, One Hundred and Thirty Four Thousand, Two Hundred and Thirty Naira, Twenty One Kobo) within seven (7) days from the date of this mail.

TAKE NOTICE that if you fail and or neglect to pay the said outstanding amount plus accrued interest within the period stated above, we shall take appropriate steps to recover the said indebtedness without further recourse to you.

Thank you

Team Member Remedial Assets
REMEDIAL LAGOS
Victoria Island - PLOT 999C DANMOLE STREET, VICTORIA ISLAND,LAGOS
T:
M: 08120796***
Ext: 2350
www.accessbankplc.com
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by eleko1: 6:53am On Sep 08, 2015
sad go and see Femi Falana/festus Keyama/Ebun.Thieves angry
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by niggi4life(m): 6:55am On Sep 08, 2015
grin
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 08, 2015
The bond you signed, what did it state exactly?

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by AdorableB: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2015
But you knew what you were going into when you signed the bond and resigned right...? so, why lament now? My honest advise is that you pay the money afterall, no one forced you to sign the bond...*just saying*

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 08, 2015
MarvellousGod:
The bond you signed, what did it state exactly?

The bond says I must work with them for 2 years and I left after 15 months.
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 08, 2015
DrWise:

You breached the agreement .. Your best bet is to go to a good lawyer for advice. ...

So you mustn't resign within 2yrs but they could sack you within that period? undecided. ..
More like preventing one from progressing when faced with a better opportunity. .. No good labour laws in Nigeria. ..

You can check out this thread. .. https://www.nairaland.com/130368/rejected-2-year-bond-office

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by free4naija: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
DrWise:

You didn't keep your end of the bargain. Why are you complaining? Bankers have integrity issues sha. You signed a bond that says you will work for two years after they had trained you. You were not sacked. You agreed that you will stay for two years or pay two million if you didn't spend up to two years. No one on Nairaland heard when you were excited about the job and you were collecting their armed robbers salary. During the time you spent you saved up to find the courage to leave and you can't pay N2m.

I ask again, because it isn't just about you but about most bankers. They generally have integrity issues, as you do. Maybe you should appeal to them to take off the rates accrued so you can pay your N2m jejely and stop displaying your integrity issues on Nairaland.

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by davide470(m): 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
@DrWise,

Before you made the decision of leaving, there must have been some discussions with diverse parties on the bond ish and future consequences.

Also, from the accrued interest, it means they have been sending mails on this issue before.

The only people you are putting at risk are your Guarantors, so before it gets to that, reply the mail and fix a date to discuss with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 08, 2015
@ Lalasticlala, Seun. Please help to FP as I need all the advice in the world.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2015
DrWise:
@ Lalasticlala, Seun. Please help to FP as I need all the advice in the world.

Thanks
There must be people who breached the agreement before you, what did they do?

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by SonOfTheLion(m): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2015
breached contract. get a lawyer and get set for a serious case. Access Bank isn't a bank u can f..uck with. that reminds me of the days of AIG, he could use 1million to find 1naira. those guys are warriors dont jst go there.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by SonOfTheLion(m): 11:54am On Sep 09, 2015
free4naija:

You didn't keep your end of the bargain. Why are you complaining? Bankers have integrity issues sha. You signed a bond that says you will work for two years after they had trained you. You were not sacked. You agreed that you will stay for two years or pay two million if you didn't spend up to two years. No one on Nairaland heard when you were excited about the job and you were collecting their armed robbers salary. During the time you spent you saved up to find the courage to leave and you can't pay N2m.

I ask again, because it isn't just about you but about most bankers. They generally have integrity issues, as you do. Maybe you should appeal to them to take off the rates accrued so you can pay your N2m jejely and stop displaying your integrity issues on Nairaland.
bankers have integrity issues but u dont abi. i donnt understand u sef. where do u work before i give u full response. abi u are just one of those nairaland FTC wailers?

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by ednut1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
bros u signed it na. so u have to pay o
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by louken(m): 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2015
SonOfTheLion:
bankers have integrity issues but u dont abi. i donnt understand u sef. where do u work before i give u full response. abi u are just one of those nairaland FTC wailers?
please help me ask him
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Adesiji77: 11:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
This is serious! shocked
Get a good lawyer for a discussion of your options

Cc: lalasticlala, hardbody, christinie, queenfav, jraushub
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by ajasa4link: 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
U have breached a contract and U are seriously putting ur guarantors at risk presently. Ur best bet is to get a lawyer not for a full showdown with the bank, but an out of court settlement where u can be paying them in instalments and they will also put an end to the money accruing interests.
Don't just get mad, get a lawyer.
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by jazinogold(m): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2015
so after collecting 238k per month u no fit save 2million to payoff ur bond! hope u no collect d car sha! angry
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 04, 2015
DrWise:
Dear Nairalanders,

I attended the 3 months Access bank training school and subsequently signed a N2m bond and worked for them for 15months before I moved on with my life.

Access has written to me the below demand letter that I am indebted to them in excess of N3m on the bond after I left. This was sent to my e-mail account.

Please should I just ignore these people?

Lalasticlala, seun, Crazyman, 1forall. front page please

Good day xxxxxxxx

DEMAND FOR SETTLEMENT OF YOUR OUTSTANDING INDEBTEDNESS OF N3, 134,230.21

We refer to your outstanding indetedness to Access Bank Plc.

This is to inform you that consequent upon your continued failure to settle this debts, your account is currently in debit of N3,134,230.21 (Three Million, One Hundred and Thirty Four Thousand, Two Hundred and thirty Naira, twenty one Kobo) which sum continues to accrue interest at default rate.

Accordingly, we hereby demand for the immediate repayment of the sum of N3, 134, 230.21 (Three Million, One Hundred and Thirty Four Thousand, Two Hundred and Thirty Naira, Twenty One Kobo) within seven (7) days from the date of this mail.

TAKE NOTICE that if you fail and or neglect to pay the said outstanding amount plus accrued interest within the period stated above, we shall take appropriate steps to recover the said indebtedness without further recourse to you.

Thank you

Team Member Remedial Assets
REMEDIAL LAGOS
Victoria Island - PLOT 999C DANMOLE STREET, VICTORIA ISLAND,LAGOS
T:
M: 08120796***
Ext: 2350
www.accessbankplc.com
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 04, 2015
Peaceisgold:

pls how it go with the bond and payment issue?

I haven't heard from Access since then.
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 04, 2015
DrWise:

I haven't heard from Access since then.
did u pay the money? Did they meet ur guarantor? Or did u jus ignore them?
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 04, 2015
Peaceisgold:

did u pay the money? Did they meet ur guarantor? Or did u jus ignore them?

I just ignored them.
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by ritilicious(f): 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
@DrWise how fa with access bank. have dey contacted u since then
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Emmaesty(f): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
DrWise:

I just ignored them.
The money will keep on increasing because of accrued interest. it's better to pay them before they take legal action against you
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
My understandinf with this bond agreement is the fact that you signed the bond witb them means if at some point if you get another job with another bank because of some agreement these banks with themselves access bank would notify them about the bond agreement,you would still have to Pay it back. So its either your new bank starts paying the debt on your behalf and deducting it from your salary once they starts paying you OR you would be the one paying it yourself from your salary. But everything still depends on agreement between the mode of payment or how you want it to be paid between you and you new Bank you working with. Because the worst that can happen is your old account with access bank would be frozen and you wont have access to it. So Bro still advise if you dont want issues to the point of court wranglings,get a lawyer like my fellow fellas have spoken and seek a way out because there's no getting out of this easily even if you decide to not work anymore in an organization.
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by juddexy2(m): 5:46am On Nov 21, 2015
Others are leaving and I'm at the verge of signing the bond... O Lawd! Still trying to convince myself if this is the right way to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
juddexy2:
Others are leaving and I'm at the verge of signing the bond... O Lawd! Still trying to convince myself if this is the right way to go

Cheer us bro smiley
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by engrrichie92(m): 5:18am On Nov 22, 2015
DrWise....why did you leave before the agreed date?.. you got a better offer or the work conditions were unfavourable
I really need answers to several questions concerning access bank and I hope you'll be available to answer me please before I sign the bond myself.
sent you a pm..please reply
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 22, 2015
O ti de...Oya sare wale o ti de...Oya shekininini...
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hmmm I feel for u brother Y I wasn't all that pained when I couldn't get dr Job But with this message, it looks like u re in trouble
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
Hmmm I feel for u brother Y I wasn't all that pained when I couldn't get dr Job But with this message, it looks like u re in trouble
Re: Access Bank And Their Useless Bond: Please Advise by Otuabaroku: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2015

Contract should be fair to all parties involved. In this case, Access Bank was unfair to the Op by saying he can be sacked within the two years but he can't resign within the period.

If that is the case, then Op can challenge them in court on the basis of the contract not being fair to him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Pursue A Career In Public Health / Osun Workers Suspend Strike / Kogi: Children Of ‘big Men’ Among 18,471 Ghost Workers‎ – Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.