Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos (1728 Views)

Check These Two Interesting Android Apps I Developed From Scratch / Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. / Quadratic Equation Solving App I Developed In Python (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by DonaldGenes(m): 7:47am On Sep 08, 2015
I don't know if those of yøu that have installed Nairaland Android app noticed something....I guess the NL app was suppose to open as the normal website..( as a WebView) Just as it is. .but if yøu open it it takes you to your whatever browser-Which should not be the case on the Application itself, Just like yøu have Twitter App, when you login to Twitter, it automatically opens within the native App itself... Don't know who developed that Nairaland app but he should add some lines of code that override it that function that redirects you back to a browser.Few android developers should know what I mean by implementing "Override" method( Don't want to go into much details)

However, if what Seun desires, it's okay by me

The two android Apps iDeveloped are awesome but I am yet to push it to Google Play Store.. There are PHED and University of Port Harcourt Android App
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by kefedmayor: 7:55am On Sep 08, 2015
pls I wld want us to discuss on Whatsap. kindly add me up on Whatsap 08134469289, kefe by name
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by DonaldGenes(m): 7:56am On Sep 08, 2015
Trying to upload pix but NL keep bouncing
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by DonaldGenes(m): 7:57am On Sep 08, 2015
kefedmayor:
pls I wld want us to discuss on Whatsap. kindly add me up on Whatsap 08134469289, kefe by name

Will add you now
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by Segadem(m): 7:59am On Sep 08, 2015
OK,but u don't need to run down another man's work to elevate yours.
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by DonaldGenes(m): 8:11am On Sep 08, 2015
Segadem:
OK,but u don't need to run down another man's work to elevate yours.

Noooooo...I don't mean that way

As a programmer and developer, once you see bug or notice some things, you have to tell your fellow friends... NL app is a nice app and of course that's the reason iDownloaded it and also installed for me and my brother

It's even a rule once any developer notice bugs, the person should report it.
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by Segadem(m): 8:16am On Sep 08, 2015
DonaldGenes:

Noooooo...I don't mean that way

As a programmer and developer, once you see bug or notice some things, you have to tell your fellow friends... NL app is a nice app and of course that's the reason iDownloaded it and also installed for me and my brother
OK, good.
God will bless your work.
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by DonaldGenes(m): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2015
ok

Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by fattbabakay(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
DonaldGenes:
ok
u tried...Though d fact that Nairaland app redirects to browser is not a bug, days Hw d developer intended it to work...

As per ur app, guess u integrated it wa
with d RSS feed of a website(blog), right??
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by DonaldGenes(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2015
fattbabakay:
u tried...Though d fact that Nairaland app redirects to browser is not a bug, days Hw d developer intended it to work...

As per ur app, guess u integrated it wa
with d RSS feed of a website(blog), right??

Nope! far from it
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by fattbabakay(m): 5:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
DonaldGenes:

Nope! far from it
den Hw is it updated??
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by youngfellow: 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
The OP really made me laugh, it's not a bug, but Intent broadcast that call on any available browser when FP is updated. I think i like seun style of keeping things simple. BTW it seems to me now that the word "bug" is now regularly abused.

MODIFIED:
@Override !!!
I just noticed this, pls op dont kill me with laugh. My question is do you know the meaning of override and when to use it? Am definately sure u dont. Please my advice for u is that you learn and cover the basic principle of java b4 diving into android. Override is used to override/rewrite the method of a super class. Eg.

public static Learn extends Activity {
// Learn is a now a subclass of super class Activity
@Override
protected void onCreate(Bundle b) {
// Since onCreate is a method of Super class Activity, we need to override it in Learn. Wish i could explain it better.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by youngfellow: 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
fattbabakay:
den Hw is it updated??
from the screenshot it think the OP is making use of <WebView>, that allows you to display webpages in your App, just like a browser.
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by directonpc(m): 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
youngfellow:
from the screenshot it think the OP is making use of <WebView>, that allows you to display webpages in your App, just like a browser.
You might be wrong sha. Beside RSS and webview u can still get data from a remote database to your app.
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by youngfellow: 2:10am On Sep 10, 2015
directonpc:

You might be wrong sha. Beside RSS and webview u can still get data from a remote database to your app.
i know but it's obvious especially d 2nd and last screenshot, (those are weblinks).
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by fxbot: 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
DonaldGenes:
I don't know if those of yøu that have installed Nairaland Android app noticed something....I guess the NL app was suppose to open as the normal website..( as a WebView) Just as it is. .but if yøu open it it takes you to your whatever browser-Which should not be the case on the Application itself, Just like yøu have Twitter App, when you login to Twitter, it automatically opens within the native App itself... Don't know who developed that Nairaland app but he should add some lines of code that override it that function that redirects you back to a browser.Few android developers should know what I mean by implementing "Override" method( Don't want to go into much details)

However, if what Seun desires, it's okay by me

The two android Apps iDeveloped are awesome but I am yet to push it to Google Play Store.. There are PHED and University of Port Harcourt Android App

I am from the other thread. I can't send PM's with this handle. So here is my email. doyen2fine at gmail thanks.
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by DonaldGenes(m): 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:

I am from the other thread. I can't send PM's with this handle. So here is my email. doyen2fine at gmail thanks.

Send me a mail via Tripdarlinq@gmail.com
Re: Nairaland Android App is awesome and so does mine that i developed. Photos by fxbot: 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2015
DonaldGenes:

Send me a mail via
got it!. unquote my email.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Project And Seminar Topics! / What Certification Should I Get? / My Web Pages Are Distorted On Different Display Screen. What's The Way Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.