Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (1306 Views)

How To Apply For Mastercard Scholars Program At University Of Capetown / Apply For The 2018 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program / University Of California Berkeley Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program 2018/20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program by AKBINARY: 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
Scholarship Overview
The vision of The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program is open to both graduate and undergraduate students. The vision of the program is to educate and develop bright yet economically marginalized young people in Africa who have a demonstrated “give-back” ethos and who will contribute to the transformation of the continent. This $500 million program covers secondary and higher education for girls and boys. It will transition promising young people from beneficiaries to benefactors, preparing them with the values, knowledge, skills, and leadership to fuel economic and social progress across Africa.
Host School(s)

Study at UC Berkeley
the world’s premier public university. Study with Nobel laureate faculty at top research facilities. Meet the best students from the United States and around the globe. And graduate with a diploma that introduces you to a family of more than 450,000 alumni.
Field(s) of Study

Most undergraduate programs
Some graduate options available also
What does the scholarship cover?

The Program is designed to provide holistic support, including:

Comprehensive scholarships (school fees, living expenses, books, stipends, transportation).
Mentoring and counseling including emotional and academic support.
Service and experiential learning (volunteerism, internships, entrepreneurship, ICT).
Transition support into higher education or the workforce in Africa.
Alumni network of next-generation leaders committed to service.
How many scholarships are given?
113 students from 2012 to 2020, and is open to both undergraduate and professional Master’s students.
Which countries are targeted?
mostly Sub-Saharan Africa
Am I Eligible to Apply?

Being a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country – If you have refugee status, are stateless, or have other questions regarding your citizenship, you may still be eligible. Please contact us directly to clarify. This scholarship is not intended for citizens of North African countries.
Excelling academically – All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criteria for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence.
Coming from an economically disadvantaged background – We aim to admit those from the bottom two income quintiles per country. This Scholarship is designed for those extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
Having demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country, or continent – We are looking for well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom. Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other issues (social, economic, political) that you are working on and passionate about. Applicants should elaborate on their achievements both in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application.
Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies – We are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education at UC Berkeley to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return. While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of this Program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through internship and job placements.
How do I Apply – Next Steps
Once students apply for University admission, the Program will invite them to apply for the Scholarship if they meet eligibility requirements. Please refer to the Apply page for more information on the application process.
Both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Program Scholarship. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Graduate Division provide detailed information on the admissions process for international students. Questions regarding admission requirements should be directed toward the appropriate Admissions Office.
For more details, please select the level of studies you would like to apply for:

Undergraduate
Graduate
Closing Date:
Undergraduate applications are due November 30thChoosing a graduate program: UC Berkeley offers the following Master's programs.

**Please note that PhD and doctoral programs do not qualify for the Scholarship.

Architecture (M.Arch)
Art (MFA)
Business Administration (MBA)*
City & Regional Planning (MCP)
Development Practice (MDP)
Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
Energy & Resources (ERG)
Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
Master of Engineering (M.Eng), various concentrations
Master of Science Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS)
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MS)
Mechanical Engineering (MS)
Folklore (MA)
Journalism (MJ)
Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
Public Policy (MPP)
Social Welfare (MSW)
*While we have recently added the MBA to our list of eligible Master's programs, a student would need to secure additional funding from Haas Business School through obtaining Haas scholarships, which requires meeting the Round One application deadline. We encourage you to contact us if you are interested to learn more details about this unique process.

Similarly, if you are interested in a concurrent degree program, be sure to contact each program, and also contact us to discuss any effect this may have on your funding structure.

When considering any program, please keep in mind that it is your motivation for choosing your field, as well as your career goals that will determine if you are eligible for the Scholarship. Please revisit Eligibility Requirements to see if your goals are in line with those of the The MasterCard Foundation Scholar Program.
CALL 08035064901 FOR FURTHER DETAILS
Re: UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program by AKBINARY: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
Am I Eligible for the Scholarship?
The five main eligibility criteria are:

Being a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country - If you have refugee status, are stateless, or have other questions regarding your citizenship, you may still be eligible. Please contact us directly to clarify. This scholarship is not intended for citizens of North African countries.
Excelling academically - All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criteria for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence.
Coming from an economically disadvantaged background - We aim to admit those from the bottom two income quintiles per country. This Scholarship is designed for those extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
Having demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country, or continent - We are looking for well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom. Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other issues (social, economic, political) that you are working on and passionate about. Applicants should elaborate on their achievements both in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application.
Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies - We are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education at UC Berkeley to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return. While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of this Program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through internship and job placements.
Re: UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program by cnwokike(m): 3:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
ok
Re: UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program by LANDOS4RE4: 4:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
Am I eligible to apply for the scholarship ? Degree holder from Osun.
Re: UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program by AKBINARY: 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
yes what it is your course of study
Re: UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program by Evicsholar(f): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2015
AKBINARY:
yes what it is your course of study
nice one op. Please which professional exams(i.e gmat, gre, toefl) are required for graduate programs?
Re: UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program by abbeywalado: 3:17am On Oct 24, 2015
I have a peculiar issue, I have a ND in Food Technology (upper credit) ...2006 and also had a B.Sc in accounting but intend to apply for this scholarship to study food tech as an undergraduate. Some questions came to my mind;
1. The last time I studied something on food tech was in 2006 and my O level was in 2003. ( 5 distinctions, 3 credits). what are my chances of getting d scholarship.
2. Do I apply as a transfer student (direct entry) or what?
3. My age, presently 29. will be 30 by January.

please I need an expertise answers on these questions, I'm at a crossroad now.
Re: UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program by nkwachiabel(m): 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
Pls op I'm looking for a university in the us where I can do my masters in Risk management and financial analysis or any related course. Thanks.
Re: UC Berkeley – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program by AKBINARY: 11:07am On Nov 07, 2015
nkwachiabel:
Pls op I'm looking for a university in the us where I can do my masters in Risk management and financial analysis or any related course. Thanks.
www.scholarsforgraduate.blogsot.com

(1) (Reply)

Directions To FRCN Trainin School Lagos.. / Pls I Made A Mistake Enrolling For Psychology For Jamb, Pls Is It A Good Choice / Hiralious Things That Happen Only In UNN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.