Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier (928 Views)

Gotv Subscription Made Easier With Your Airtime / “1million Lines Disconnected In SIM Card Revalidation Exercise” – NCC / Phone Importation Made Easier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 08, 2015
So...cometh the hour....when a man needs to revalidate his MTN line. smiley

After a week of not being able to make or receive calls(and after toying briefly with the idea of changing networks)...I gave up and went to the nearest MTN office to revalidate my line.

I got there at around six am (very early bird) and met eight other people already there.By eight the number had jumped to 120 people. After a slight delay due to ''the computers are booting'' I got my line registered....and within the hour I was able to make and receive calls.

But that is not the main point I want to make.

While I was there, I noticed most of the people waiting were really ''not happy'' to put it mildly. After all, many of them have to be at work by eight...and with PMB's body language..you better be there ten minutes before hand (Even in the private sector).

Which leads me to a suggestion as to how we can sort out this revalidation issue.Make no mistake....we need this exercise....especially with the security challenges we face.

1.MTN makes it a continuous process. In brief....MTN allocates each of its subscribers a certain day on which they can come and do revalidation......and texts you the date one month in advance.....leaving you free to make arrangements to be free on the day. They could work with NCC and employers to make it easy for workers to come on their appointed days.

2.Or MTN and NCC declare a public holiday....say every third Monday and Tuesday of each month....and people can come and register on those days. Then at the end of the year...people who do not register get their lines cut off.

Of course....my solutions also apply to GLO and AIRTEL and company.

Any other suggestions from the house?
Re: MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier by POWEROFPEACE(m): 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
Declaring Monday and Tuesday public holiday will cost the nation a lot of money especially an unstable economy like Nigeria. The entire exercise has been disgusting and a lot of people as I am typing this message right now has already throw away their blocked mtn sim

1 Like

Re: MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
POWEROFPEACE:
Declaring Monday and Tuesday public holiday will cost the nation a lot of money especially an unstable economy like Nigeria. The entire exercise has been disgusting and a lot of people as I am typing this message right now has already throw away their blocked mtn sim
As in ehn, I had throw away my mtn sim leaving me with my contacts. I rather call them one by one to tell them about my change than loose alot of money all in the name of sim revalidation. Who's to be blamed?, GSM operators because they were giving warning yet they thought it's business as usual not knowing that things has changed.
Re: MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier by Ishilove: 7:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
I never got any text to revalidate and my line wasn't blocked. I use MTN undecided
Re: MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier by godoluwa(m): 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ishilove:
I never got any text to revalidate and my line wasn't blocked. I use MTN undecided
it will soon be your turn. I registered my mtn sim at MTN ibadan regional office, got my security number & pin but alas, MTN blocked my sim yesterday without any prior notice.
Re: MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier by Ayostically: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2015
in my humble opinion, this network people should make it possible for us to be able to do the sim revalidation/reregistration thing online. in that case
-transport fare would be saved, as alot of people in remote areas have to travel far for the exercise
-time wasted @ their office would be utilized positively
-commotion and rowdiness is eliminated
-stress and pressure their staff is put thru is eliminated
above all, we get to accomplish the exercise with convenience where ever we are. not forgetting the aged ones who can't make it to mtn office
Re: MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier by Ayostically: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2015
its a matter of: fill an online form, attach a passport sized pix and upload

1 Like

Re: MTN Revalidation; How It Can Be Made Easier by samintegrity(m): 7:58am On Sep 09, 2015
Hmmmmm... Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Asus K400, 7" Tablet For Sale / How To Set Pop-up Notification On Whatsapp / How To Use SN Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.