Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others (1557 Views)

Hate Speeches: NBC Impose Heavy Sanctions On Broadcast Stations / Fayose Blasts FG, Miyetti Allah Over Threat On Ekiti People / Fayemi Distributes Food Items To Ekiti People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by expressglory: 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
Things are becoming interesting in Ekiti state.The self acclaimed Senior Advocate Of the Masses has been busy announcing funny,odd and burdensome taxes on the people of Ekiti state for the past few weeks.Take a look
*Each slaughtered cow....N1000:00
*Each shop...3000:00 per month including market women
*Public Primary Schl Pupil...N1000 per head(every term)
*Street Hawkers...N1000per month
*Public Secondary School Students N2,500 per student(every term)
*Private Nursery/Primary Schools...150,000per year

Today..Sept.8th,2015 all mtn,glo,airtel,Dstv dealers offices were all sealed off.They were advised to contact their head office to come and pay special taxes running into millions to ekiti. (This is different from the normal signage/advert levy being paid by each of the dealers)

Source:http://www.today.ng/politics/083011186-fayose-unleashing-tax-burdens-on-poor-ekiti-people-apc/
http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/31/fayose-to-shut-down-banks-over-tax-evasion-imposes-n1000-tax-on-slaughtered-cows/
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Goovo(m): 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
U
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Young03(m): 10:22pm On Sep 08, 2015
Normal
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by tociano009(m): 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
expressglory:
Things are becoming interesting in Ekiti state.The self acclaimed Senior Advocate Of the Masses has been busy announcing funny,odd and burdensome taxes on the people of Ekiti state for the past few weeks.Take a look
*Each slaughtered cow....N1000:00
*Each shop...3000:00 per month including market women
*Public Primary Schl Pupil...N1000 per head(every term)
*Street Hawkers...N1000per month
*Public Secondary School Students N2,500 per student(every term)
*Private Nursery/Primary Schools...150,000per year

Today..Sept.8th,2015 all mtn,glo,airtel,Dstv dealers offices were all sealed off.They were advised to contact their head office to come and pay special taxes running into millions to ekiti. (This is different from the normal signage/advert levy being paid by each of the dealers)
is it a bad thing
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by ladyF(f): 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
How did you know? The way people spread false info these days ehnnn
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Firefire(m): 10:25pm On Sep 08, 2015
they should all pay their statutory taxes...

Finito!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by yanabasee(m): 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
EHHHHH....PEEEEEEEEE.....CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE? grin
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by mymadam(m): 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
Anxiously watching in 4D!
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by folabisi07(m): 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
Fayose!!!!
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Babs612000(m): 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2015
[quote author=Firefire post=37813928]they should all pay their statutory taxes...

Finito![/quot. Yes paying tax is right thing to do BUT will they use the money to develop the state.
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Firefire(m): 10:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
[quote author=Babs612000 post=37814088][/quote]

This is my pain with ACN turned APC in Lagos.

I pay heavy taxes, PAYE, WHT, Land Use charge, Consumption tax etc. with nothing in return from the state government. angry

This MUST CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by MISSNORA(f): 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
Where's saintkel?
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
Good for them. grin
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by M4gunners: 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2015
Fayose my role model, i don't know if this is true or not, but should in case it's, please remove that of School Children please. The Kids need to go to School for better tomorrow. Thanks in advance. Ur number 1 Fan.
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by badnature: 11:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
if it were in lagos every body mind will automatically circle on igbo people and you will be hearing thing like ehn it's good the should be paying taxes,most of them don't pay taxes blah blah blah even when most of them are koboless not to talk of paying taxes but because it affects only their people all of them are shouting it bad
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by oduastates: 1:43am On Sep 09, 2015
The first sensible thing he has done . N3000 is not heavy tax . If you cannot pay N3000 tax for owning a shop ,then you should not own one . Rather have 5 tax paying shop than 1000 paying nothing
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by tyson99(m): 2:00am On Sep 09, 2015
LOL
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by expressglory: 6:07am On Sep 09, 2015
oduastates:
The first sensible thing he has done . N3000 is not heavy tax . If you cannot pay N3000 tax for owning a shop ,then you should not own one . Rather have 5 tax paying shop than 1000 paying nothing

In Ekiti,rentage of an average shop costs N2,500-N5,000.And you say paying N3,000 as MONTHLY levy is okay? Haba!!!
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by oduastates: 7:20am On Sep 09, 2015
expressglory:

In Ekiti,rentage of an average shop costs N2,500-N5,000.And you say paying N3,000 as MONTHLY levy is okay? Haba!!!
Whether rents cost N1 or cost 1 million naira does not matter . If you cannot make enough sales to pay council or state rates of N3000, then you should not be in business.
You would have been be a stark illiterate today if not for those who paid rates in the western region.
The people of the Niger delta are paying your taxes for you in terms of polluted land and criminal infestation today.
If oil does not exist , how exactly do you expect the government to function. How and who will pay the teachers , build school and r road
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by shidof(m): 7:31am On Sep 09, 2015
Firefire:

This is my pain with ACN turned APC in Lagos.

I pay heavy taxes, PAYE, WHT, Land Use charge, Consumption tax etc. with nothing in return from the state government. angry

This MUST CHANGE.
U paid in Lagos, how i wish i can believe dt. U must be a congenital liar. Au not d same guy from osun state dt wanna die cos of omisore last year?
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Firefire(m): 7:33am On Sep 09, 2015
shidof:
U paid in Lagos, how i wish i can believe dt. U must be a congenital liar.

Ta le yi, ni bo lo ti un bo ti o ni okun lorun ?
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by shidof(m): 7:34am On Sep 09, 2015
Firefire:

Ta le yi, ni bo lo ti un bo ti o ni okun lorun ?
Pele, Eran olokun lorun. Go and check my formal post again
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 09, 2015
Ekiti people never see anything... them see mad governor wey dey follow them Sidon for beer palour, buy agbado from iya alagbado, climb okada like say him no get motor yet them no fear....this is just the beginning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Firefire(m): 7:44am On Sep 09, 2015
shidof:
Pele, Eran olokun lorun. Go and check my formal post again

I represent the Nigerian masses, I fight against injustice and bad leadership anytime I see one.

My constituency is Nigeria but Lagos is my home.

You don't call your fellow on Nairaland a liar without any empirical evidence. sad

I displayed the thank you message sent to me from Lagos State Land Use Charge body earlier this year while showing my displeasure with the state.

Do I own you any bundle of proof ? NO!

I wish you well.

Shalom!
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by shidof(m): 7:48am On Sep 09, 2015
Firefire:

I represent the Nigerian masses, I fight against injustice and bad leadership anytime I see one.

My constituency is Nigeria but Lagos is my home.

You don't call your fellow on Nairaland a liar without any empirical evidence. sad

I displayed the thank you message sent to me from Lagos State Land Use Charge body earlier this year while showing my displeasure with the state.

Do I own you any bundle of proof ? NO!

I wish you well.

Shalom!

Ba matsala, but as for d evidence u might ve 4gt so easily. It was on this forum last year whr u claimed dt ua from osun state, iwo to be precise prior to osun state gubernatorial election.
Gudday, wish u well also
Re: Fayose Impose Heavy Taxes/levies On Ekiti People! Shuts Glo,mtn And Others by Firefire(m): 7:51am On Sep 09, 2015
shidof:
Ba matsala, but as for d evidence u might ve 4gt so easily. It was on this forum last year whr u claimed dt ua from osun state, iwo to be precise prior to osun state gubernatorial election.

inakwana cheesy cheesy cheesy please show me oooo grin grin

Yes! I schooled at Iwo Baptist High School, Iwo, Osun State. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Labour Anti-corruption Protests, Mere Jamboree – Fayose / Tribunal Nullifies Imo APC Lawmaker’s Election, Orders Re-run / SEE The Four Chieftains Who Are In The Race To Succeed Laimohammed As He Bow Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.