Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

“Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up (59432 Views)

Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Why I Appointed More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up / APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by swizmony(m): 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2015
CR77:
cheesy Government of the north by the north and for the north.

Baba one change have nothing to offer grin grin

calm down and watch him lead. judge him after his 4year term OK?
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Passingshit(m): 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
TRUTHTOPOWER:

Warren Buffet: If you are looking for someone to hire, look for three things: integrity, energy and intelligence. if they lack integrity, the other two will kill you.

From your analogy there is a principle of law that says: you cannot delegate a delegated power. The assignment was personal. for us to know whether others could be involved, B needs clarification from his father. B did a reasonable and efficient thing. however, his loyalty may be questioned on the account of bringing third parties to a private matter. Assuming the assignment was given as a public job in which efficiency is solely the test B is the guy to go for. Hence, PMB is right in choosing his personal aides based on the principle of loyalty.

There is a balance to this. most loyal person may not be the most suited for the job. So the task is to find somone who has demonstrated trustworthiness and who has capacity to deliver. PMB appointees have these qualities. Other appointees to come will operate on their own and answerable on their own.
For public services, effectiveness, not efficiency, is the first thing people look out for. Barca Vs Chelsea 2012?: ball possession was 80 - 20 but in the end Chelsea's one goal put Barca out of the competition. People want results, not just performance...that is why B is the right man for the job, irrespective of how he got the task done. You mentioned integrity but forgot that there's no way one can remove integrity from effectiveness. Mr A might be more patriotic but people would always look up to B because they want results. So Buhari sounded somehow self-centered and unprofessional when he said he appoints only his ''loyalists'', those who started with him from the bottom level. And this belies his claim of being for ''nobody but for everybody''. Come on, there are other ways to reward these ''loyalists'' without fixing them randomly in high offices
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Passingshit(m): 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
kogirodent:
GEJ appointed Jega who he never knew from day 1. Why can't pmb do the same especially as it is clear that he doesnt know anybody outside Northern Nigeria? The president is just not concerned where his appointees come from. What truelly matters is how the president chooses to manage his appointees. Okonjo was well managed by OBJ but mis-used by GEJ. my point is, the leader determines how his appointee behave

GEJ led no movement upon which loyalty of many people could be tested. Jega was recommended by those who believed he would deliver. You are very correct on the ability of the President to control his staff. for power corrupts power and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by aalimco: 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
“They did not defect because of positions, they did not involve themselves in the pursuit of personal gains, and they accepted their fate throughout our trying moments.

GOOD
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Passingshit(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
that is why, is not good to be a wailer, u wil know d truth, and be hurting urself with d same truth, thank God, u are free today
Good. But will u ever be free of tribal hate and bigotry too? May God help you
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by kogirodent: 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2015
ALISMILE:
Notin is degenerating into any crisis here unless d appointees disappoint or abusive their offc! U say its bad for one to label his pple as they, and say that this is our problem in Nija! Tribalism and ethnicity! Stella Oduah abused her offc and her pple gave her award! Wereas in oda climes she ll be excommunicated! Evryone of us for years ve been unnecessarily defending and singin d songs of our various tribes, and I ask wat positives dat has brot to us! It has encouraged nepotism and brot notin but retrogression! We must chart a new course or foreva get lost in d scheme of tins! I am not afraid to label my ppl as they er and I will say it again that most Southerners abuse offc! The place where I wok requires a great deal of integrity and responsibility and my friends frm South don't undstnd why am not vry rich! They encourage me to see my offc as my own share of d national cake! This mentality is bad! Today our polity lack eggs like Buhari, Jega and their like! There is notin such as racial profiling here because one accusing ones own pple of wat they re actually guilty of is not racial, it doesn't even come close!
. Well, i agree with you, but the president should do more. Most of you blame various appointments that followed federal character as the cause of non-performance of previous administrations but you forget one important factor. Previous governments have never selected appointee based on their integrity or track record and as such they didnt perform. If PMB finds the right people from the south they will definitely perform as compared to just appointments loyalists. And by the way, they is no evidence to prove that northern appointees in the past performed better than their southern counterparts. Pmb just has to search harder.
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by TRUTHTOPOWER: 7:45pm On Sep 09, 2015
Passingshit:

For public services, effectiveness, not efficiency, is the first thing people look out for. Barca Vs Chelsea 2012?: ball possession was 80 - 20 but in the end Chelsea's one goal put Barca out of the competition. People want results, not just performance...that is why B is the right man for the job, irrespective of how he got the task done. You mentioned integrity but forgot that there's no way one can remove integrity from effectiveness. Mr A might be more patriotic but people would always look up to B because they want results. So Buhari sounded somehow self-centered and unprofessional when he said he appoints only his ''loyalists'', those who started with him from the bottom level. And this belies his claim of being for ''nobody but for everybody''. Come on, there are other ways he could have used to reward them for their services

I think we have a deal on your phrase"more patriotic". this very phrase is the yardstic for merit in any system where the job is essentially to KEEP AN EYE on what others are doing and relate the mind of the boss to the doers. It doesnot require erudition, just candour We can, otherwise, hire a quantum physist as a librarian or a prof of law as court clerk. But anyone who has not been to a court room might imagine that court registrars who sit close to the judge on the podium are more important than lawyers who sit at the bar. a corrupt system could make the registrars powerful. but an ideal system will give preeminence to the lawyers who debate with the judge. My brother I get your point and Your opinions are valid given our experience. However, we cannot be just in preempting a man who promised to restore the LEGAL sanctity of a system

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Jamb2016Expo: 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2015
hey
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by deependemocracy: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
I appreciate where PMB is coming from and his selection criteria, however it clearly shows how narrow his relationships and political space is. It will be unfortunate if those close to him will just do his bidding without questioning his rationale or if they simply are a mirror of his opinion or agenda.4 Years will tell...
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by drss(m): 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
atbu1983:

You are right.

" A leader who abandon, destroy or kill those who are devoted and loyal to him does not inspire devotion and loyalty" Tyrion Lannister, Games of Throne .

Buhari is just being a good leader who appreciate loyalty.
next time dont complain when a southan president appoints mainly his southan loyalist into government.
#nepotismhasbenentrenchinnigeria
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by drss(m): 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
Passingshit:
This is the first time I'm going to call Buhari a Dullard! grin
So his appointments are made on sentiments, not on merits? He's not even ashamed of saying it in public.
And his lies about the fictional Chibok girls can't be forgiven either. Nigeria don enter one chance!

imagine d dullard without shame. Nigerians are fools for electing this sectional bigot.
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Jamb2016Expo: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2015
h
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by daveyjay(m): 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Bobbystanley:
I dont like Buhari.

I didnt vote for him but to be Honest,

This man is focus, he has vision to Rule this nation.

Just in less than four months, things are begining to go well. Now I understand why he chose his close associates as his personal staff.
You don't expect him to appoint Ameachi who Betrayed his own people. He could also betray Baba anytime.

Abi U want him to appoint Ngige that would want to impeach him overnight.

I have resigned from the wailing Wailers.
But I would still condemn Baba if he gets it wrong.

Bros just talk true, U voted buhari...lyinq liars
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by fxseven(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2015
wailing wailers vs lying liars.
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Mungozutu: 10:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
D Yeeebos hav been crying 4 positions in Nigeria since 1900AD but will not get it in this admnistration they hate....Decendants of baby factory
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by MacluvPH(m): 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2015
You see your life, Yoruba's and hausa's no like you at all. And you always open ur mouth to show ur hatred for Igbo's and their Biafra realization.

God is watching but quote me Biafra is coming....., watch out not even Buhari can stop it.

OZAOEKPE:

And who told you that the yorubas are not crying? Quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by mkoabiola: 12:08am On Sep 10, 2015
Does it mean baba doesn't trust d easterners,with d likes of ogbonayan onu,chris ngige ,amechi n co
Ds baba will b interesting to watch as the politics unfold
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Nellybii: 12:51am On Sep 10, 2015
BiafranNigerian:
I see everything wrong with the assertion that a Nigerian President has to use government positions to reward his good friends because they suffered together.

This is the clear definition of Nepotism.

So, if I am to become President, I will only give positions to my friends within my political zones because we suffered together.

And if everyone does that, where this geographical expression is heading to ? Common-sense is truly not common.

Buhari, your brain is your skull, locate it and use it.

What is your business with Nigeria?
Please mind your business
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by duwdu: 1:36am On Sep 10, 2015
Bobbystanley:
I dont like Buhari.

Just in less than four months, things are begining to go well. Now I understand why he chose his close associates as his personal staff.
You don't expect him to appoint Ameachi who Betrayed his own people. He could also betray Baba anytime.

Mature and excellent reasoning! Thanks for properly articulating this.

P34c3
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by donJ2(m): 6:53am On Sep 10, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
To Buhari reward and nepotism come first, competence doesn't matter.

This Exactly is my fear....

Patronising incompetency wont do us no good.
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 10, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"We don't need position, but please give our 'yoruba' brothers position." Quote me anywhere.

Morale of the day: never trust a fulani man, they will use and dump you.

I'm dedicating this to Genea, please take heart over the loss of your friend. May God give you the large heart to bear the loss. #love you Genea.

Just listen to yourself , what have your niger delt brothers done, they just stole money, look at the state of roads in warri, Aba, river state, Edo and cross river, what did the governors do there for the 8 years they stayed there, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Stop wailing
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by vRendoh(m): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2015
Billygee2u:

hahaha,eyaaa,nobody hit like

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by jeomann(m): 10:29am On Sep 10, 2015
Why are we seeking for possitions instead of good governing government, if buhari likes let him employ his wife as vice its no one business but all we need is inprovement in our country ok not whom he appoints pls
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by dokunbam(m): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2015
Demmocrats:

From your touching statement I can sense God in you

Keep it up

Your time is coming

Amen

make the time come fast.

A minister is ok cheesy
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by BushidoBlue(m): 9:08am On Mar 03, 2016
Bobbystanley:
I dont like Buhari.

How about now, 10 months later?

You see why when elders talk about stuff, children need to keep quiet and learn.
Re: “Appointment Of More Northerners” – Buhari Finally Opens Up by zendy: 9:19am On Mar 03, 2016
Demmocrats:
For those of you who cease to understand things.

Simple analysis check the road network systems of the three main tribes in Nigeria then you will understand why I said that tribe are honest people.

Am not Hausa or Muslim but those guys are honest people don't judge them because of few bad eggs that are extremist.

They are honest? Really? That's good! They were also honest when they butchered my fellow Igbos in 1945,1953 and over 50,000 in 1966? Remind me to congratulate them on their honesty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Picture Of Nigerian Soldiers Dancing Kukere / Jolly Mood After Meeting of South-West APC Leaders (Photos) / Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.