Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,954 members, 7,821,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index (28276 Views)

FG Responds To Call For Petrol Price Increase / Delisting Of Nigeria - No Greek Gift From J.P. Morgan / Breaking!! See Effect Of JP MORGAN Delisting On Stock Market Today- LIVE!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by mikolo80: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
CSTR2:
In four years time, we will gauge the extent of economic damage this govt will have inflicted on this country.
we'll remember you

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by mikolo80: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala deserves to be celebrated for keeping us afloat all these years. she is indeed a rare gem

regardless of her haters from some bigoted sect. she is our hero
you too
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
baby124:

Thanks, well I was right. 20bn in 5yrs vs 60bn from 1960 - 2009.

Maybe Yes...maybe Not...Check details again ...Notwithstanding already paid back loans and debt forgiveness of past regime...Consider what percentage of those belong to states too...Note finally, it was between 2007-2015...thanks
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by baby124: 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2015
Every aspect must be improved.
Education, to prevent capital flight.

Nollywood, to encourage investment and potential flush the economy with cash. Our movies are valued around the world. We should also place high value on protecting intellectual property. I

Paying professionals like Doctors Well, and requiring a higher standard in the health sector to make this country a destination for medical tourism.

Protecting our natural resources with severe consequences for saboteurs.

Providin subsidies to farmers and encouraging young entrepreneurs to go into farming.

Empowering our financial sector and putting policies in place to make sure we become a financial market giant in the continent.

Revamping Labor laws and enforcing that companies have at least a 90% Nigerian staff and at least 50% upper management

And then propaganda, propaganda, propaganda! To help improve morale of the citizens and help restore pride in their country. This can only work if there is an enabling environment of course. One of our greatest resources is our population, we should use it wisely and investors will run mad to invest when we have the money to spend. This also creates a potential manufacturing powerhouse that can boost the country drastically over a few years.

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by mikolo80: 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2015
CSTR2:
I am sure the Nigerian economy is better than Thailand, malaysia and singapore, who are soaring in the J.P morgan listings and would do anything to remain there.
Zombie.
don't mind them. they want to quickly hammer on our head through forex cos cbn gov who I insult on daily basis is making life equally difficult for them to enter us as it is difficult for us to change money
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by CSTR2: 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
baby124:
Every aspect must be improved.
Education, to prevent capital flight.

Nollywood, to encourage investment and potential flush the economy with cash. Our movies are values around the world. We should also place high value on protecting intellectual property.

Paying professionals like Doctors Well, and requiring a higher standard in the health sector to make this country a destination for medical tourism.

Protecting our natural resources with severe consequences for saboteurs.

Providin subsidies to farmers and encouraging young entrepreneurs to go into farming.

Empowering our financial sector and putting policies in place to make sure we become a financial market giant in the continent.

Revamping Labor laws and enforcing that companies have at least a 90% Nigerian staff and at least 50% upper management

And then propaganda, propaganda, propaganda! To help improve morale of the citizens and help restore pride in their country. This can only work if there is an enabling environment of course
mscheww.
There is nothing there that jonathan did not do except maybe second to the last one which was more or less represented in the local content initiative.
Do you think the J.P morgan listing of Nigeria in the first place for the first time in our history came out of thin air?
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by baby124: 6:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Maybe Yes...maybe Not...Check details again ...Notwithstanding already paid back loans and debt forgiveness of past regime...Consider what percentage of those belong to states too...Note finally, it was between 2007-2015...thanks
Our states are absolutely ridiculous with how they approve outrageous loans for themselves. Something has to be done about that. They must be able to defend their loan request to Nigerians with some guarantee of pay back, and certain consequences for contractors and the governors who take out the debt

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by ohenhen1: 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2015
Dangote investments across Africa is a good start. We should not be held hostage by an American company. Don't devalue the Naira. Expand the AFDB and join the new bank created by the BRICS nations.

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by adconline(m): 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
ilenaira:

Thank you ojare. After getting to hell, they should take their listing, set it alight and shove it up their jacksie ontop.

As if they've ever acted in our best interest. Vultures.
Another willfully ignorant basking in the euphoria of sophisticated idiocy from his bottomless abode of misinformation

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
baby124:

Our states are absolutely ridiculous with how they approve outrageous loans for themselves. Something has to be done about that. They must be able to defend their loan request to Nigerians with some guarantee of pay back, and certain consequences for contractors and the governors who take out the debt

Unfortunately, even buhari isn't sincere in this...He had to compensate Oshiomole who has less than 6months left as governor with $75million foreign loan amidst this analogue CBN dollar policy that's killing SME's...

And granted bailout to governors who are mostly APC without ascertaining why some of them especially those in 2nd term were in such financial mess when some are doing very well with no debts at all....Isn't it sort of rewarding thieves with more incentives?...Isn't it encouraging profligacy & treasury looting?...Did he put any measure to check abuse of such bailout like they did previous allocations?...NONE... Maybe because he benefited from such looting through his campaign funding by them undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by baralatie(m): 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2015
ohenhen1:
Dangote investments across Africa is a good start. We should not be held hostage by an American company. Don't devalue the Naira. Expand the AFDB and join the new bank created by the BRICS nations.
it makes no difference!it is a fund!
you draw from it or parties access a fund,you must pay interest on the fund or the fund raisers give condition for them to allow you to use the fund.if your RATINGS DIPP the members monitoring the fund will take actions to protect the future of the fund from failing!
so if African nations or members of the afdb fund. are running their ratings in the red.The AFDB actions will be in the line of j.p. Morgan or like Germany of the e.u(unless if it wants to run into bankruptcy).
devaluation is something the CBN and the national economy works ecojomy .if it inevitable they make the decision!
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by ilenaira: 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
adconline:

Another willfully ignorant basking in the euphoria of sophisticated idiocy from his bottomless abode of misinformation
cheesy Kai! My brother, abeg na night school I been go. Please break it down for me in simple village English. I suggest for your own sake to keep it simple though, stupi.d! tongue
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by onoja12: 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Rubbish JPmorgan my foot,from what i am reading JPmorgan,is saying they are losing control of Nigerian index so they are opting out,Mrs Havard sold us into slavery of western financial institution.please remind me what do we need JP morgan's rating for,if not to borrow money.i ask does Nigeria need debt and the answer is in the negative,Mrs Havard seat on the largest revenue Nigeria every made in its life,but miraculously ended up with the lowest savings ever and the highest borrowing ever.so the question remains what happen to all the money?

SenseiX:
Brace yourselves welfare seeking Nigerians, tough times are ahead.
The economy is heading for a recession by the last quarter of the year and if Iran is allowed to release more oil into the already over saturated oil market, oil price might even fall below $40.....
In the midst of all this, the country is yet to get an economic Marshall plan and even an economic team.
Okonjo Iweala's tireless efforts placed the Nigerian economy on a pedestal, kept us at constant 7% growth, single digit inflation, got us into the bond index etc while Bubu's body language or is it body odour grin has got us here.

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by tsdarkside(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
asha80:
I hope you wil also buy made in nnewi products...it is easy to mouth off these things

i will buy it....and if nnewi products,is not good enough for me,i will go to nnewis neighbor to buy what i need....i just care about from who i buy from is black like me,....((mother must be black and father must be black like me.))..............simple...
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by ibedun: 9:17pm On Sep 09, 2015
adconline:

You are one hell of a stupid mofo. Why don't you emotional idiots stay away from a subject you don't understand?

Gosh!!!
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yeye zoological republic of Nigeria. undecided undecided undecided undecided Ordinary economics, una, mumu no know. Una de form policy makers. mchew!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by change49ja: 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2015
Image123:

For what exactly? What happened to NEC and FEC and the Federal ministry of finance? Did we die before 2012 that we were not listed with JP Morgan?

Thank you
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by dhappyking(m): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2015
First, the stock market, now THIS. So one should do something, really fast or jobs are gonna be lost and it won't be in our best interest as a nation.
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 09, 2015
seunmsg:
JP Morgan should go to hell with their bond listing. We can't continue to hurt our local currency because we want to meet their listing conditions. The crash of crude oil price is seriously affecting our economy and they want us to do nothing to protect our naira.

Beside, Nigeria's financial sector is big enough to maintain the trade of FG's bond.

You are a SHAME to your parents (THAT IS IF THEY SENT YOU TO SCHOOL)...You think economic talk is SAI BUHARI talk? Daura Cow!!
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by adconline(m): 11:41pm On Sep 09, 2015
ibedun:

You are one hell of a stupid mofo. Why don't you emotional idiots stay away from a subject you don't understand?

Gosh!!!
Stupidity inked on ur encephalon. This topic is above your intellectual grade... You haven't made any intellectual discussion.. You are trolling on tribalistic issues.. You don't know the diff macro and micro issues.. Fiscal and physical will always be a puzzle to u without Google. Go play somewhere!!
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by 14(m): 1:41am On Sep 10, 2015
you know what this means, less FDI into NIGERIA, less investment, stagnant economy. jp morgan was complaining about lack of liquidity. If an investor who put in $1m in the economy, whenever he wants out, he cannot because there is no money in the system. So, chances of not getting back his money are high, that means nigeria has become a high risk to investors, hence the withdrawal.

Tough times ahead indeed. In simple term, nigeria is broke. In simple language, i borrow you $1000, when i want it back, you cannot pay me back because you have no money. Chances of me not getting my money back are high. So, while you owe me some money, should i continue borrow you money? Noo, then i decide not to lend you money any more. Then where do you borrow money? Someone who will be willing to borrow you money, will put more interest on that bond, that means it will be more expensive for nigeria to borrow.

1 Like

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by naijaking1: 3:40am On Sep 10, 2015
SenseiX:
Brace yourselves welfare seeking Nigerians, tough times are ahead.
The economy is heading for a recession by the last quarter of the year and if Iran is allowed to release more oil into the already over saturated oil market, oil price might even fall below $40.....
In the midst of all this, the country is yet to get an economic Marshall plan and even an economic team.
Okonjo Iweala's tireless efforts placed the Nigerian economy on a pedestal, kept us at constant 7% growth, single digit inflation, got us into the bond index etc while Bubu's body language or is it body odour grin has got us here.

Buhari's body odor, sorry, language is surely having an impact.

2 Likes

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by saint047(m): 4:41am On Sep 10, 2015
seunmsg:

Worship her as much as you like, but the facts remains that her poor handling of the nation's economy got us to where we are today. If she had intelligently prepared the nation for a period of lower crude oil prices like we are experiencing today, maybe we won't be in this mess. And please, read the story very well. Nigeria was placed on the index watch in January this year when Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the Minister of finance. The process of Nigeria's delisting which started under her in January is just about being concluded now. What the PMB government is doing is to clear the mess she and your GEJ created.
It's either you are myopic or you simply choose to be living in fools paradise
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by KanwuliaJara: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2015
Up APC!!!

Change is HERE!!!!!!! grin

AREWA-ODUDUWA GOVERNMENT OF GLOOOOM AND DOOOOOOOOM!!!!! cheesy
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 10, 2015
adconline:

Another APC brigand who doesn't know the difference between physical and fiscal.. Go and binge on ur delusional cocktail
Your middle name is poverty, you can continue wailing with your Retarded life to Hell...Who cares!

Animal in human skin!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by gbaskipro: 10:16am On Sep 10, 2015
seunmsg:
JP Morgan should go to hell with their bond listing. We can't continue to hurt our local currency because we want to meet their listing conditions. The crash of crude oil price is seriously affecting our economy and they want us to do nothing to protect our naira.

Beside, Nigeria's financial sector is big enough to maintain the trade of FG's bond.

Are u related to PMB or are you from Daura?
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by Image123(m): 10:18am On Sep 10, 2015
14:
you know what this means, less FDI into NIGERIA, less investment, stagnant economy. jp morgan was complaining about lack of liquidity. If an investor who put in $1m in the economy, whenever he wants out, he cannot because there is no money in the system. So, chances of not getting back his money are high, that means nigeria has become a high risk to investors, hence the withdrawal.

Tough times ahead indeed. In simple term, nigeria is broke. In simple language, i borrow you $1000, when i want it back, you cannot pay me back because you have no money. Chances of me not getting my money back are high. So, while you owe me some money, should i continue borrow you money? Noo, then i decide not to lend you money any more. Then where do you borrow money? Someone who will be willing to borrow you money, will put more interest on that bond, that means it will be more expensive for nigeria to borrow.

It's not by force to borrow, the one we borrow never do?
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by baralatie(m): 10:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Image123:

It's not by force to borrow, the one we borrow never do?
Nigeria is forced to borrow as long as it remains imports sector based!

can some1 explain why I can't log in to the okonjo thread?
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by Image123(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2015
baralatie:

Nigeria is forced to borrow as long as it remains imports sector based!

can some1 explain why I can't log in to the okonjo thread?

Nigeria is not forced to borrow. And if we need to, we will definitely find a good deal.
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by baralatie(m): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
Image123:

Nigeria is not forced to borrow. And if we need to, we will definitely find a good deal.
do the analysis! we have to bprrow
it may not necessarily be from foreign accounts but it is unavoidable
Re: FG Responds To JP Morgan Delisting Of Nigeria From Bond Index by MCMLXXVI(m): 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
seunmsg:

seunmsg:

Worship her as much as you like, but the facts remains that her poor handling of the nation's economy got us to where we are today. If she had intelligently prepared the nation for a period of lower crude oil prices like we are experiencing today, maybe we won't be in this mess. And please, read the story very well. Nigeria was placed on the index watch in January this year when Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was the Minister of finance. The process of Nigeria's delisting which started under her in January is just about being concluded now. What the PMB government is doing is to clear the mess she and your GEJ created.

superstar1:
We shall weather the storm.

We will emerge stronger.

China did not participate in the derivatives market for years. They were driven by need to curb corruption and do things that only benefits their country.

That is the right way to go
. It gives us the opportunity to strengthen our bond with more local content than foreign investors that can easily call back their funds at any point in time. Thereby immunising our economy from capital flight and sabotage.

We will only do things that will benefit our people and country. They will come back to beg us.

Ladies and gentlemen, everybody, I hope you can all witness the intense myopia of Buhari's sycophants and the rubbish they had to say when Nigeria was given the first warning.

When we were warned of our impending doom the economic illiterates kept talking garbage. They even told JP Morgan to "go to hell".

Today, in the face of hardship, they're blaming Jonathan.

Sycophancy will destroy Nigeria. What a mess!

cc: Sunnyb0b0, Oladd, Anonimi, Jarus, MzMyColi, MizMyColi, Homesteady, SeverusSnape, DickDastardly, Tit, Jmoore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makinde Visits The Family Of Late Kehinde Ayoola (Photos) / I’m Contesting Against Two-and-half People – Agbaje Mocks Tinubu, Fashola,ambode / Obasanjo Dances At His 79th Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.