Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Is It Possible To Get Spam Comments On Your Blog Posts? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is It Possible To Get Spam Comments On Your Blog Posts? (427 Views)

I Have Up To 1000 Spam Comments On My Website, Please Help O / On-page SEO: 10 Techniques To Optimize Your Blog Posts / Am Having Issues With Spam Comments On My Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Get Spam Comments On Your Blog Posts? by ogbiwa: 10:07am On Sep 09, 2015
hello house, i have a football blog where i post football articles from time to time, however what baffles me are the kind of comments i receive on my posts, i mean i get all kinds of comments. and the problem is that my blog is not more than 3 months old and i have less than 10 posts on it. but some will comment like "i was recommended to this site by my cousin and now that i'm here i realise what i've been missing all along" and others will go like "i've missed this site so much" and meanwhile i've nkt seen any comment mentioning on what the post was about which is football. so is it possible these people are actually refering to my blog? or could there be anything like spam comments and if there are, how are they generated and how do i block them from my blog to allow only genuine comments?
thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Get Spam Comments On Your Blog Posts? by FincoApps(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2015
It's most likely spam. To be sure, copy part of the comment, put it in double quotes and Google it. You should see the other sites that has the exact words in comments

ogbiwa:
hello house, i have a football blog where i post football articles from time to time, however what baffles me are the kind of comments i receive on my posts, i mean i get all kinds of comments. and the problem is that my blog is not more than 3 months old and i have less than 10 posts on it. but some will comment like "i was recommended to this site by my cousin and now that i'm here i realise what i've been missing all along" and others will go like "i've missed this site so much" and meanwhile i've nkt seen any comment mentioning on what the post was about which is football. so is it possible these people are actually refering to my blog? or could there be anything like spam comments and if there are, how are they generated and how do i block them from my blog to allow only genuine comments?
thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Get Spam Comments On Your Blog Posts? by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2015
They are spam comments, to stop them on a WordPress powered blog. Installed word fence plugin
Re: Is It Possible To Get Spam Comments On Your Blog Posts? by oteneaaron(m): 10:47am On Sep 09, 2015
ogbiwa:
thanks
Sorri bro.... Those comments are generated my a software used for SEO.....if you notice...the comments have specific names and they link to ssome websites.....

Heres what you can do....

Approve all comments first before they go live.....make sure you approve comments first before they are displayed on ur blog...

Install a comment captcha plugin...those comments were made by cmment bots...so if they can't enter the captcha..their comment won't enter....

Also take note of the IP addresses of those unwanted comments....and block 'em...

(1) (Reply)

Zelgo-zelgo The New Way Of Beautifying Your Posts / Wcode / A Well Designed For Sale @ A Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.