Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,164 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

The True Meaning Of Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True Meaning Of Salvation (333 Views)

Peace Ibiyeomie Of Salvation Ministries Showers Widows With Christmas Gifts. Pix / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The True Meaning Of Salvation by yommyuk: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2015
Salvation refers to the freedom gained when God rescues someone from slavery to sin and makes that person part of His family. This deliverance is accomplished only through His Son Jesus, who died in our place so we might be reconciled to the Father (Col. 1:22). This statement often evokes questions:

What if I try to live morally right, working hard at my job and being good to my family—won’t God accept me? Such questions assume that the Lord saves us on the basis of the way we live. But Romans 3:10 says, “There is none righteous, not even one.” In God’s sight, even our virtuous acts are like dirty rags (Isa. 64:6). Holy God will not have dealings with unrighteous people except through the Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Won’t the Lord accept us because of His goodness? God is loving and good, but He is also just. He won’t overlook sin, no matter how small we think it is. Pride makes us reject the idea that we need forgiveness or cleansing from sin.

If we serve in our church or help the poor in God’s name, aren’t we part of His family? Good works do not solve our sin problem or reconcile us to God. Only Jesus does (Rom. 5:1). Good works are an important result of salvation, as opposed to a basis for it.

Salvation is a work of God’s grace, not the product of man’s effort. When we respond to the Spirit’s prompting, believe in Jesus, and are born again as God’s children (John 3:3), we can be assured of our place in heaven. How sure are you?

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.”
Mark 16:16
“Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.”
Titus 2:11-12
“For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.”
Mark 10:52
“Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.
2 Timothy 1:9
“He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

2 Likes

Re: The True Meaning Of Salvation by emmazino(m): 10:46am On Sep 09, 2015
Thank God

(1) (Reply)

Stop The Hypocrisy!! / Grace Is Our Second Chance / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.