Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,544 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? (1095 Views)

Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Meanings / Most Used Engineering Codes In Nigeria / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Full Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
What Could be the Possible Full Meanings of Some of these Accounting Codes?
[/size]
What could be the meanings of some of these codes in account payable and account receivable transactions? My friend and I have just started working on some documents of a business entity and came across some of these codes, whose understanding and careful interpretation may help us make a better decision concerning what is placed before us.
Below are some of the codes:-
Crv, JV, INV, JD, JC, CRV, K.
Under 'references', some numbers are attached to these codes, why under 'codes' they appear without numbers attached to them. See examples below:-

Reference Code Dr Cr

IVN5620 INV #8000
IVN5621 IVN #9500
IVN5622 IVN #9000
crv8900 Cash #3000
crv8901 Cash #6000
crv8902 Cash #4000

Accountants and those that have sound knowledge of financial reporting in the house, what are your views on these?
[/b]

We have started working on the report already but we are yet to reach a compromise as to the meaning of some of the codes stated above. Your contribution is most welcome.
Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by PissedOffWeed(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2015
This should reach FP ABEG. Not tonto dikeh and linda ikeji pictures angry
ladyf and introvert cant be of use here grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by ladyF(f): 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2015
Think I know some of them...

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by olabode89(m): 10:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
JV.... Journal voucher

INV.... Invoice

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2015
ladyF:
Think I know some of them...
I should be glad if you could kindly state them down
Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:11am On Sep 10, 2015
olabode89:
JV.... Journal voucher

INV.... Invoice
Thanks. What about the rest pls?
Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:12am On Sep 10, 2015
PissedOffWeed:
This should reach FP ABEG. Not tonto dikeh and linda ikeji pictures angry
ladyf and introvert cant be of use here grin
Where are they?
Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by fulanigirl(f): 12:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
What Could be the Possible Full Meanings of Some of these Accounting Codes?
[/size]
What could be the meanings of some of these codes in account payable and account receivable transactions? My friend and I have just started working on some documents of a business entity and came across some of these codes, whose understanding and careful interpretation may help us make a better decision concerning what is placed before us.
Below are some of the codes:-
Crv, JV, INV, JD, JC, CRV, K.
Under 'references', some numbers are attached to these codes, why under 'codes' they appear without numbers attached to them. See examples below:-

Reference Code Dr Cr

IVN5620 INV #8000
IVN5621 IVN #9500
IVN5622 IVN #9000
crv8900 Cash #3000
crv8901 Cash #6000
crv8902 Cash #4000

Accountants and those that have sound knowledge of financial reporting in the house, what are your views on these?
[/b]

We have started working on the report already but we are yet to reach a compromise as to the meaning of some of the codes stated above. Your contribution is most welcome.

JD -journal debit
JC - journal credit
Inv - invoice
So where it says "IVN5622" it's referring you to an invoice. It's an invoice number. You might want to go to the sales ledger to find the corresponding invoice. Also "crv 8902" is cash received and it's a reference to the receipt.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
fulanigirl:

JD -journal debit
JC - journal credit
Inv - invoice
So where it says "IVN5622" it's referring you to an invoice. It's an invoice number. You might want to go to the sales ledger to find the corresponding invoice. Also "crv 8902" is cash received and it's a reference to the receipt.

Thanks for your contribution. You made my day.

Hmmmmmmmnnnnn

am afraid of your

monicker though.
Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by fulanigirl(f): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

Thanks for your contribution. You made my day.

Hmmmmmmmnnnnn

am afraid of your

monicker though.

Why?
Re: What Are The Possible Full Meanings Of Some Of These Accounting Codes? by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:53am On Sep 11, 2015
fulanigirl:

Why?
I don't think this places is safe and convinient for me to talk about it. I just wish to keep it to myself. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy At Jumia Nigeria As Sales Consultant / To Ican Students: How Was Todays Financial Reporting? / Top Digital/social-media Marketing Firms You Can Work For In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.