Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media (950 Views)

Monkeypox: DHQ Breaks Silence On Allegations Against Nigerian Military / Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate / Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media by Godbest(m): 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2015
MAIDEN MEDIA INTERRACTIVE SESSION WITH DIRECTOR DEFENCE INFORMATION DEFENCE HEADQUARTERS ABUJA

1. I wish to welcome you all to this maiden media interactive session since I took over as the Acting Director Defence Information. This session is absolutely necessary in view of the need to avail you with my Modus Oparandi and Command Philosophy.
2. You will recall that during my handing and taking over I had brief chat with you, I made it clear that, I will maintain an open door policy, encourage smooth flow of information and quick response to enquiries on military activities nationwide. In addition to that, i will maintain a great posture of openness on all matters as they affect and influence our military operations without compromising operational or national security. Likewise, I expect an equal reciprocal gesture from you with basic tenets of professionalism, driven by patriotism and taken cognizance of national security.
3. During my familiarization visits to media houses and other strategic Ministries, Departments and Agencies, I strongly advocated the need for credible alliance and formidable partnership among all stakeholders. An effective collaboration based on mutual understanding that can make clear difference and demonstrate a paradigm shift in management and dissemination of information. I urge you to quickly key into this new policy guideline and direction in the implementation of strategic communication approach in the fight against terrorism and criminality. I assure you, that the media will continue to be carried along in all aspects of publicity and effective mobilization of public support for military operations.
4. The need for improved military/media relations is more desirable now more than ever before. An improved excellent Civil – Military relations will afford the general public the opportunity to interact and appreciate the enormous sacrifice and display of gallantry by our troops and other security agencies in the prosecution of war against terror. In line with popular belief, that security is everybody’s business, hence the need to collectively support the effort of security forces to swiftly actualize the presidential directive to end the menace of Boko Haram terrorists within the stipulated time.
5. As you are aware, current military dispositions in various operations nationwide has been driven by absolute determination and commitment to root out terrorists and criminals from their camps and hideouts. I believe appreciable results have been achieved, which would signal the restoration of relative peace and creating conducive environment for resumption of economic activities in the North East. The recent exploits by the security forces against the cattle rustlers in the North Central and North West is highly commendable. Over 3000 herds of cattle have been rescued and a large number of the rustlers apprehended.
6. The media have herculean tasks of not only creating awareness, but also mobilizing public support for the military to achieve this noble and desired objective. You can do this through well researched agenda setting and articulated framing issues as regard the counter terrorism and insurgency. Gentlemen you have done it before, you can as well do better now.
7. It is pertinent to mention here that the current military leadership has continue to demonstrate absolute loyalty and commitment to duties through frequent operational visits to frontlines and close monitoring of progress of activities in the theatre of operations. These visits, coupled with deployment of sophisticated weapons, have not only boosted the morale of the troops, but practically introduced a new dimension on combating terrorism and insurgency in the north east, hence the issue of desertion, complaints of non equipment and lack of morale and motivation are now thing of the past. Emphasis is placed on credible training and retraining on the sanctity of human rights observance and protection of the combatants in the battlefields. You will begin to notice an improved enforcement of rules and relations of the international standard.
8. As the mop up operation and mines clearance is intensified in the liberated areas, so also necessary measures are being put in place to ensure that safety and security prevail in those places. However, it will definitely require collective effort to detect and apprehend the would be suicide bombers in our respective localities. I therefore urge the general public to be very vigilant and forthcoming with credible and timely information, in order to assist the security forces in discharging their duties of safeguarding the lives and properties of the people.
9. The military authority is carefully reassessing and restrategising on effective ways to combat the re emergence of violent crimes in the Niger Delta. Combined efforts of security forces to stamp out acts of illegal activities such as oil theft, illegal oil bunkering, piracy and kidnapping, among others have yielded positive results. The offensive operation will continue with renewed vigor until these illegal acts are drastically reduced. I wish to appeal to other stakeholders in the maritime industry to fully cooperate with the Nigerian Navy and other security forces to accomplish this enormous task.
10. Let me equally inform you that mobilization and deployment of troops of Multi-National Joint Task Forces (MNJTF) on Lake Chad Basin has reached advanced stage. Our neighbouring countries have exhibited high sense of commitment and sufficient cooperation towards ending the obnoxious activities of Boko Haram terrorists in the region with the contribution of 8,700 troops. When fully deployed, the troops of MNJTF will work closely with the Nigerian military to ensure a safe and terror free region.
11. Gentlemen of the Press, your role in support of military operations is more desirable now than any other time. We have been partners in progress and development of our nation, let’s maintain and possibly improve on it.
12. Thank you all and God bless.
Maiden Media Interractive Session With Director Defence Information Defence Headquarters Abuja

Re: Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:46pm On Sep 09, 2015
Popularity test: "click like if you feel and believe PMB is too slow, click share if you feel he's moving at the right pace". Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media by Godbest(m): 4:52pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media by Godbest(m): 4:53pm On Sep 09, 2015
#DHQ YYYYY
Re: Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media by KwoiZabo(m): 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2015
Tell your Commander in Chief that Security is not just about moving Personnel to trouble spots, its about the citizens welfare cos a hungry man is an angry man. And make sure you conclude by telling them that your Commander in Chief has no certificate so that just as Tinubu said, they should be gentle with him.

1 Like

Re: Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media by nnachukz(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2015
Op by laying hands on this, it is no longer a secretive meeting as you titled it. Or are you telling us you were there?
Re: Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media by Demmocrats(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2015
Re: Director Defence Information Dhq Nigeria Secretive Meeting With The Media by egift(m): 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Daily Times: Buhari And Assets Declaration Fraud / Saraki's Trial: Code Of Conduct Tribunal Is NOT An Inferior Court -supreme Court / Man Who Predicted Abuja Attacks Deletes His Twitter Handle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.