Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

How Best To Invest N70,000,000 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Best To Invest N70,000,000 (1669 Views)

Sell Etisalat Airtime Worth N70,000 / What Business Can I Start With N70,000? / How I Make N70,000/month Training Students On Memorizin & Recollecting Textbook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by stboff: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hello All,
I know of someone from Benin who is into REAL ESTATE. He wants to divert his investments into other sectors. What can he do ?
He has up to 70 Million Naira to invest. As a realtor, he owns a property in one of the upscale commercial roads in Benin City(GRA).
He has contemplated becoming a distributor for one of the big electronics brand(NOT LG). But he has this feeling he will not be able to compete with the LG shops as LG products are cheaper.
He doesn't mind going into manufacturing, but what will he manufacture ?. Farming might not be the best idea as the south south barely grows annual cash crops. I can't think of any.
His budget is flexible (He can make it a 100 Million from now till December if needed).

Please Nairalanders, i need your advice. Any bright partnership ideas are 100% welcomed. In as much as profit will be generated and he doesn't have to leave his beloved city (Benin City).
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by solid3(m): 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
Real estate is good business. He should come to a suburb in Abuja. That money can get him somewhere good.
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by fastlane84: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Real estate is still the best....
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by 2sex(m): 2:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
stboff:
Hello All,
I know of someone from Benin who is into REAL ESTATE. He wants to divert his investments into other sectors. What can he do ?
He has up to 70 Million Naira to invest. As a realtor, he owns a property in one of the upscale commercial roads in Benin City(GRA).
He has contemplated becoming a distributor for one of the big electronics brand(NOT LG). But he has this feeling he will not be able to compete with the LG shops as LG products are cheaper.
He doesn't mind going into manufacturing, but what will he manufacture ?. Farming might not be the best idea as the south south barely grows annual cash crops. I can't think of any.
His budget is flexible (He can make it a 100 Million from now till December if needed).

Please Nairalanders, i need your advice. Any bright partnership ideas are 100% welcomed. In as much as profit will be generated and he doesn't have to leave his beloved city (Benin City).
why not buy lands along Uniben and build hostels? I am based in Benin and I wouldn't mind him teaching the rudiments of realestate. Can you help? I don't need anything but to teach me. I don't mind meeting him

Another area is self-contain. It's hot cake but quite underserved in Nigeria.

I have another area I could suggest but I can't expose it here on nairalander. It's left for him to run with the idea or not.

Thanks.
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by stboff: 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
2sex:
why not buy lands along Uniben and build hostels? I am based in Benin and I wouldn't mind him teaching the rudiments of realestate. Can you help? I don't need anything but to teach me. I don't mind meeting him

Another area is self-contain. It's hot cake but quite underserved in Nigeria.

I have another area I could suggest but I can't expose it here on nairalander. It's left for him to run with the idea or not.

Thanks.
Cool, however he doesn't want anything to do with Real Estate. He is already a guru in that area. He has some hostels he is managing in Ekosodin and Osasogie. He builds, furnish and resell at a very high cost.
Real Estate is very profitable, you just need the contacts. (BIG CONTACTS). The moment you establish your name (ONE LAND DISPUTE CASE can spoil your reputation for good) you are good to go.
PM and let me know your interest in real estate. I might link you to one or two persons.
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by 2sex(m): 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
stboff:

Cool, however he doesn't want anything to do with Real Estate. He is already a guru in that area. He has some hostels he is managing in Ekosodin and Osasogie. He builds, furnish and resell at a very high cost.
Real Estate is very profitable, you just need the contacts. (BIG CONTACTS). The moment you establish your name (ONE LAND DISPUTE CASE can spoil your reputation for good) you are good to go.
PM and let me know your interest in real estate. I might link you to one or two persons.
I get it. Varieties makes it awesome.

I just sent a PM. You may check your junk folder if you don't see it thought.

Thanks.
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by omogidi234(m): 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
stboff:
Hello All,

Bros,

Anytime, any-day I will recommend real estate, bros the money he has made in real estate in BENIN is small (with due respect), if he makes some 1B in Lagos or Abuja, then he will know real estate is the big thing. As a real estate lawyer, the number of properties that I have that are in the range of 500m and 1B are uncountable. The owners of those properties cannot but continue to invest in real estate.

Anyway, since you guys have made up your mind not to invest that money into real estate, there is no point over flogging it. The next big thing you should be thinking is IMPORTATION.
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by yebo36(f): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
I have always loved this biz but had to stop it due to location and i think contact. I stay in Suleja not too far from Abuja. Can someone give me an insight on how i can make it with real estate over here?

Presently my husband was given properties to sell but the right contact is a problem. One thing is certain some people stay here and work in Abuja. If I had capital i will build and rent or sell to these Abuja people. But as the capital no dey nko? Please advise me. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by stanvesco(m): 1:56am On Sep 11, 2015
#speechless# i rili dnt know what to type. #faints# sumbody pour me water abeg

1 Like

Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by naijacutee(f): 2:14am On Sep 11, 2015
With that amount of money, I would suggest investing a portion into what he already knows - real estate - perhaps purchasing dilapidated properties from owners wanting a quick sale, then renovating the properties and renting out. With the remaining money, I think he can afford to take a risk with being the first mover in a new industry. He can look around and figure out what's lacking in the city and leverage on that. What are the roads like? Are there lots of pot holes and consequently, lots of people with car trouble?

- Perhaps he can set up a mobile mechanic - one that visits the client He can perhaps sell break down cover, where people pay an annual or monthly fee (like an insurance program) and then have the assurance that if their cars break down anywhere, the company sends a mechanic and a driver to a.) rescue the client and b.) fix the car

- Or a quality food delivery service or grocery shopping service

- Or a training academy which teaches people programming skills, and employs them to carry out programming contract jobs from all over the world

- Or a call centre for businesses to outsource their customer service calls to

- Or a co-working space

There are so many things he can do from Benin city which will add value in the state. Where do his interests lie?

3 Likes

Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by Seun(m): 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
If he doesn't know have a plan for what to do with the proceeds of the real estate sale then he should not be thinking of selling it. The decision to sell should come after discovering a profitable business that needs a lot capital. He's putting the cart before the horse and that's a bad sign.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by kinglekan: 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
Seun:
If he doesn't know have a plan for what to do with the proceeds of the real estate sale then he should not be thinking of selling it. The decision to sell should come after discovering a profitable business that needs a lot capital. He's putting the cart before the horse and that's a bad sign.

[b]
Exactly, I think he should do his market survey and check where his interests lies just like naijacutee said.

I once read an article by Econet Wireless CEO ~ Strive Masiyiwa; how that someone introduced him to a highly profitable diary farm business and after going through the nitty gritties of running the business, he came to a conclusion that it was much more easier for him to run a multimillion dollars telecoms company than to run a diary farm.

Seeing the prospects in the business and the high profit margin over the years, he opted to be a major shareholder, which of course means taking the easier route while those who were currently managing it at the time continued with it.

But the owner wanted out of the business totally because he wanted to go into something else. While I kept trying to wrap my hands around why someone who had a profitable business with everything seemingly going well for him would want to just sell off, I was astounded at the fact that Strive Masiyiwa didn't buy the diary farm.

Paraphrasing his words, he said it was a bigger risk buying into a business he termed as more complicated and one he had little understanding about. It would actually take him time to understand fully how to run the business. Time he didn't have because the owner wanted sell ASAP.

Taking a cue from Strive, I would say understand the terrain you are about to jump into before making a move.

[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by 2sex(m): 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
yebo36:
I have always loved this biz but had to stop it due to location and i think contact. I stay in Suleja not too far from Abuja. Can someone give me an insight on how i can make it with real estate over here?

Presently my husband was given properties to sell but the right contact is a problem. One thing is certain some people stay here and work in Abuja. If I had capital i will build and rent or sell to these Abuja people. But as the capital no dey nko? Please advise me. Thank you.
smart woman. Well it doesn't have to be Abuja na, does it?
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by 2sex(m): 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
kinglekan:

[b]
Exactly, I think he should do his market survey and check where his interests lies just like naijacutee said.

I once read an article by Econet Wireless CEO ~ Strive Masiyiwa; how that someone introduced him to a highly profitable diary farm business and after going through the nitty gritties of running the business, he came to a conclusion that it was much more easier for him to run a multimillion dollars telecoms company than to run a diary farm.

Seeing the prospects in the business and the high profit margin over the years, he opted to be a major shareholder, which of course means taking the easier route while those who were currently managing it at the time continued with it.

But the owner wanted out of the business totally because he wanted to go into something else. While I kept trying to wrap my hands around why someone who had a profitable business with everything seemingly going well for him would want to just sell off, I was astounded at the fact that Strive Masiyiwa didn't buy the diary farm.

Paraphrasing his words, he said it was a bigger risk buying into a business he termed as more complicated and one he had little understanding about. It would actually take him time to understand fully how to run the business. Time he didn't have because the owner wanted sell ASAP.

Taking a cue from Strive, I would say understand the terrain you are about to jump into before making a move.

[/b]
impressive! Learnt something new

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by Acidosis(m): 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
Contact me for innovative business ideas.
1 milla per idea
cheesy
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by yebo36(f): 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
2sex:
smart woman. Well it doesn't have to be Abuja na, does it?

No it must not be Abuja. But they are the ones that stay in the best houses here. Any tips you can offer? Believe me you need to see the hold up in the evenings when this Abuja workers are returning home.

If I was capable, I will do what the state government has failed to do.
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by 2sex(m): 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
yebo36:

No it must not be Abuja. But they are the ones that stay in the best houses here. Any tips you can offer? Believe me you need to see the hold up in the evenings when this Abuja workers are returning home.

If I was capable, I will do what the state government has failed to do.
you are right. Real estate is a must for smart people. I don't have any tip o.

1 Like

Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by conquerour(m): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
Rice importation business. i guarantee fast profit making
for more let talk on whatsapp:07062707991
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by Youngsage: 11:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmm... Real estate cool
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by arote(m): 12:41am On Sep 12, 2015
let's invest for you.from 3months to one year at 15% interest at aiico capital.my number 08185199332
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by opalu: 4:40am On Sep 12, 2015
Yebo36

Before I give concrete advice, let me ask you 1. What kind of properties does your husband have for sale,? Lands or houses?
2. How much capital do u think u need to venture into real estate

yebo36:
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by ExplicitConnect(m): 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
stboff:
Hello All,

One business that is profitable is PUBLISHING. There is this publication that is in hot demand right now. I will discuss further if you or your friend is interested. Partnership..... that works!
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by yebo36(f): 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
opalu:
Yebo36

Before I give concrete advice, let me ask you 1. What kind of properties does your husband have for sale,? Lands or houses?
2. How much capital do u think u need to venture into real estate market

He has houses, land and one hotel.

Secondly talking about how much i need will depend on the location. I have a large heart for this already know my target market but with 8 to 10 m i can start small. I will really appreciate your advice. Thank you.
Re: How Best To Invest N70,000,000 by ponti93(m): 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
He can try entertainment. It brings crazy returns, music or movie industry or media industry. He can venture into oil business. He. Can put into the fashion industry another money spinner.

(1) (Reply)

A Viable Business Model For Car Owners In Lagos, Nigeria / . / How Startups Can Attract Angel Investment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.