Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

My nasty/embarrassing experience with A Masquerade - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My nasty/embarrassing experience with A Masquerade (997 Views)

Student Crushed To Death In Imo While Being Chased By Masquerade (Graphic Photos / My Experience With Last Chance People Yesterday / See The Nasty Stab Guy Got For Defending His Sister Against Abusive Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My nasty/embarrassing experience with A Masquerade by ElPhoche(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
With the craze of this masquerades and their thirst for people's money, both by begging and by extortion, it reminded me of an encounter I had about 3 years back, in 2012. I had 3 run-ins with them.
1) First, a masquerade accosted me when I was walking with my little cousins and asked me to drop something for them. I told him I had nothing for him, and he replied me that 'Mmuo', meaning the spirits, will collect their due. Actually, my faith does not support masquerades. So next the guy drew his long whip and tried to flog my then 9 year-old female cousin, I quickly stepped in and took the flogging.
2) The next episode was some days, later, I went with my cousin to the market to buy foodstuff. One of those guys that accompanied the masquerade rushed at me as I was about entering the car and asked for money, I told him I did not have any. He said he will take d mmuo's due, and men, you had to see the blood-shot eyes of this guy, the alcohol stench reeking from him and the seriousness . Oh boy, my mind said boy, this one will be too much for you to bear in d public. I just asked my cousin in d abeg whether she get small change make i drop for the guy. Immediately, she tossed me 50naira and I gave it to him and he left.
Some meters, away from d point the guy accosted me, we entered a supermarket to buy bread and ice cream. I was just comin out of supermarket, almost getting to our car, when I saw another terrifying masquerade across d road. He looked at me and I looked at him. Both of us paused. He now crossed d road and rushed at me. I tried to run back into the supermarket, only for me to see myself on the ground, the bread I bought one one side of the road, the vanilla ice cream I was eating, on the other side. Only the spoon was in my hand. May God curse that stone that I hit my foot. The worst part of it, my confirm leather slippers got cut.
The masquerade came to where I was lying on d floor, looked at me and laughed. I was so embarrassed. Big boy like me on d ground in a market. My cousin was just watching me from inside the supermarket laughing.
If you have had a nasty encounter with one, please feel free to share yours.

2 Likes

Re: My nasty/embarrassing experience with A Masquerade by Laitesmart(m): 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
As in.... Ara orun abi?
Re: My nasty/embarrassing experience with A Masquerade by ElPhoche(m): 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2015
Laitesmart:
As in.... Ara orun abi?
My guy, I don't understand you. Can you use English, please ?
Re: My nasty/embarrassing experience with A Masquerade by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
I had an encounter with one female masqurade one day. Her toto just dey smell.
Re: My nasty/embarrassing experience with A Masquerade by olafum1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
If i'd.. I will turn to masquerade myself cool

(1) (Reply)

Tanker Driver Veers Into A Wedding & Kills 1 - Graphic Photo / Man Swallows Long Iron For A Bet And Took Four Hours Of Surgery To Remove / Armed Robbers Attacks UBA Bank, Amassoma, Bayelsa State Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.