Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. (1156 Views)

Finish This Sentence .... I Wish / Is This Sentence On A School Signpost Grammatically Correct? / Challenge: Read This Sentence Without Twisting Your Tongue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
I am an avid nairalander. Most times I come to this site I hardly pay attention to the frontpage because ten times out of ten the topics there're the usual eye catching ones, non-educative ones or the same rehashed traffic-grabbing titles.

With these in mind I always click the 'new' tab hoping to find topics that grab my attention. I come across educative topics there and also notice browsing through the section aids me in hitting first to comment position - I've hit first to comment more times than I remember that even the thought of it tires me.

However that is not the point I opened this thread for. What I find most annoying're topics titled 'make money online', 'sit at home while making money', 'the best money making venture' and 'my friend uses facebook to make money online, join the train'. These topics mostly come in varying form but always lead to one of few results; spam, somebody selling an e-book or the worst case: scams and fraud.

I'm appealing to the moderators to ban or censor this title and its many variations because they constitute the bulk of topics this site has to offer and reduce the perception of Nigerians to the global audience as survivalists trying their best to make money fast with no other regard in mind.

I am optimistic censorship of threads with the aforementioned titles would discourage spammers and scammers alike and also free up memory resources to make way for useful threads. It would also reduce reports of nairalanders getting scammed from purchasing poorly-worded e-books.

I hope my idea is considered and feedback of gratitude is given. Thank you.
Re: I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
kiss

OP please get busy! Stop wasting your time...

I thought it was a serious matter sef...

1 Like

Re: I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. by Swaggzkid: 7:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
Nice write-up.

Have been crying too about this but to no avail . The one that baffles me most is the rate at which sissy topics hit FP, when I protested and made suggestions like you did, Chai see inveigh comments and I was like “All of una dey craze”

Op above me sha you don modify*to that yeye comment

1 Like

Re: I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
Freemanan:
kiss

OP please get busy! Stop wasting your time...

I thought it was a serious matter sef...
It is a serious matter in that it would increase the quality of threads created in the new section thereby reducing the frustration I face looking for the next interesting topic.
Re: I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
charix:
I am an avid nairalander. Most times I come to this site I hardly pay attention to the frontpage because ten times out of ten the topics there're the usual eye catching ones, non-educative ones or the same rehashed traffic-grabbing titles.

With these in mind I always click the 'new' tab hoping to find topics that grab my attention. I come across educative topics there and also notice it browsing through the section aids me in hitting first to comment position - I've hit first to comment more times than I remember that even the thought of it tires me.

However that is not the point I opened this thread for. What I find most annoying're topics titled 'make money online', 'sit at home while making money', 'the best money making venture' and 'my friend uses facebook to make money online, join the train'. These topics mostly come in varying form but always lead to one of few results; spam, somebody selling an e-book or the worst case: scams and frauds.

I'm appealing to the moderators to ban or censor this title and its many variations because they constitute the bulk of topics the site has to offer and reduce the perception of Nigerians to the global audience as survivalists trying their best to make money fast with no other regard in mind.

I am optimistic censorship of threads with the aforementioned titles would discourage spammers and scammers alike and also free up memory resources to make way for useful threads. It would also reduce reports of nairalanders getting scammed from purchasing poorly-worded e-books.

I hope my idea is considered and feedback of gratitude is given. Thank you.
When seun dey find mod why u no apply na?
Re: I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
UrennaNkoli:

When seun dey find mod why u no apply na?
Lol.
Anyway, he should consider this suggestion. I'm sure I'm not the only person frustrated by my complaint.
Re: I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. by Empedocles(m): 8:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
I tot I was d only 1 filin dis way,scammers are really investing in social media,"neat G wagon for 1 m"even on our beloved nairaland,,,der z no hidin place again ooh,,

1 Like

Re: I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ok
Re: I Highly Suggest This Sentence Gets Banned. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
Empedocles:
I tot I was d only 1 filin dis way,scammers are really investing in social media,"neat G wagon for 1 m"even on our beloved nairaland,,,der z no hidin place again ooh,,
Nigerian scammers wouldn't kill somebody. They're ready to wreck any honest online business. If they find the opportunity they'd also wreck real-life businesses too.

(1) (Reply)

10 Different Ways To Use Toothpaste You Never Knew About!! / REVEALED: Why Ooni Of Ife And Iyiola Omisore Don’t See Eye-to-eye / Edo Elections: 11 Rules On How To Vote.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.