Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

5 Really Important Things School Will Never Teach You - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Really Important Things School Will Never Teach You (525 Views)

24 Pictures Only People Who Attended Nigerian Law School Will Relate To / 16 Things Every Nigerian Who Was A Prefect In Secondary School Will Remember / 5 Really Important Things School Will Never Teach You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Really Important Things School Will Never Teach You by MaverickExcel1(m): 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
While I was in secondary school there were really difficult problems in mathematics that you really have to solve. While some tried to solve it, others do not bother. I was one of those who will do anything to please the teacher.
Have you ever wondered, how are those ridiculous mathematics applicable to my life? Ok, I’m still wondering myself.

“Go to school, get good grades and get a high paying job” is the song of every parent. It is a cultural norm everybody must follow, if not, you are probably termed ‘an illiterate’. I’m glad that most stakeholders, ministers and leaders in political officers are now seeing the need for young people to be entrepreneurial that they are now asking every young Nigerian to ‘do something with their hand’.

You’ll be amazed that most things you learnt in school are not directly practical on your day to day life. While going to school and getting good grades may fetch you a high paying job but know that this does not in any way guarantee success in life or business.

Every day, you hear those in the university complaining about the stress, hunger and the sleepless night they are exposed to in school. And you can’t help but ask, ‘what on earth are they learning they have to go through this for 4-5 years?

I guess the only answer to that question is this: they are systematically trained or perhaps brainwashed to be corporate slaves that work really hard for money! That’s the truth.

An excerpt from an article from the Economist’s website stated that:

…the US government says that the country spends a total of $635b a year on education, more than it devotes to pensions or defense, and predicts that spending per pupil will rise by 40% over the next decade. America’s public schools are increasingly frustrating parents and falling behind international standards. America spends more of its GDP on education than most countries, yet it gets mediocre results”

Now what does that tell you?
Though going to school Is good and also important but there are things school will never teach you or prepare you for…
School will never teach you the following:
continue reading at: http://maverickexcel.com/5-things-school-will-never-teach-you/

1 Like

Re: 5 Really Important Things School Will Never Teach You by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
Cold hard plain truth. However the little I've read is enough for me, no need to visit your site.

(1) (Reply)

FUTA Re-advertises Post-utme Test To All Jambites / Univesity Of Maiduguri (unimaid) Diploma/ Post-graduate Form For 2015/2016 Is On / War Between OAU PG Students And The Undergraduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.