Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,657 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Help Witadvice On D Decision Of D Asylum&immigration Tribunal On My Appeal Case - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Witadvice On D Decision Of D Asylum&immigration Tribunal On My Appeal Case (1083 Views)

Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Why I Support The Decision Of The Gambia Govt To Pull Out Of The Commonwealth / UK Set To Deport A Gay Nigerian Asylum Seeker Who Fled Nigeria 8 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Witadvice On D Decision Of D Asylum&immigration Tribunal On My Appeal Case by opsy4real1: 12:02pm On Apr 07, 2009
Hi Fellow Niaralanders,
I write to seek your opinions on the unfortunate and undeserved situation I find myself with the ASYLUM AND IMMIGRATION TRIBUNAL which poses a threat to my career as a result of their decision on my late appeal .

It happened that I did not receive my Refusal notice on time as I got it from the UK Visa application centre on the 8th of January 2009, I applied for late appeal and extension of time in my case and the deadline to my appeal was to be the 5th of February 2009.
I sent my appeal forms and other supporting documents to the Asylum and immigration tribunal via a registered post through the NIPOST on the 3rd of February 2009.

I received a notification and decision on my late appeal from the Asylum and Immigration tribunal last week that “TIME IS NOT EXTENDED” simply because the date on the post mark on the envelope used to send the forms to the UK was the 3rd of January 2009 which indicates that I was not being truthful of my statements about the late service(even though he was prepared to accept that I received BUT the date on the postmark is conflicting)

Fellow , the problem I find myself now is due to the recklessness of the NIPOST agent who received my mails by not setting the date adjustable stamp correctly to the current month of February rather it was January. This made the Immigration judge to conclude that if I received the Notice of refusal on the 8th January and signed it on the 2nd of February, how come the date it was posted was 3rd of January 2009.(which of course is a good point).

Now this decision has caused a
1. (DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER ON MY PERSONALITY by creating a negative impression on me as a liar before the tribunal and the British high Commision
2. Causing a halt in my portended career in the UK as a result ant time wastage as my Appeal should have been 2 months old now if this event has not occeres.
3. also the pains and monies involved intrying to collate and arrange my papers are being threatened as waste and gone down the drain due to this decision which of course was caused by the inefficiency of the Nigeria Postal services

Re: Help Witadvice On D Decision Of D Asylum&immigration Tribunal On My Appeal Case by Vicjustice: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2009
opsy4real1:

Hi Fellow Niaralanders,
I write to seek your opinions on the unfortunate and undeserved situation I find myself with the ASYLUM AND IMMIGRATION TRIBUNAL which poses a threat to my career as a result of their decision on my late appeal .

It happened that I did not receive my Refusal notice on time as I got it from the UK Visa application centre on the 8th of January 2009, I applied for late appeal and extension of time in my case and the deadline to my appeal was to be the 5th of February 2009.
I sent my appeal forms and other supporting documents to the Asylum and immigration tribunal via a registered post through the NIPOST on the 3rd of February 2009.

I received a notification and decision on my late appeal from the Asylum and Immigration tribunal last week that “TIME IS NOT EXTENDED” simply because the date on the post mark on the envelope used to send the forms to the UK was the 3rd of January 2009 which indicates that I was not being truthful of my statements about the late service(even though he was prepared to accept that I received BUT the date on the postmark is conflicting)

Fellow , the problem I find myself now is due to the recklessness of the NIPOST agent who received my mails by not setting the date adjustable stamp correctly to the current month of February rather it was January. This made the Immigration judge to conclude that if I received the Notice of refusal on the 8th January and signed it on the 2nd of February, how come the date it was posted was 3rd of January 2009.(which of course is a good point).

Now this decision has caused a
1. (DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER ON MY PERSONALITY by creating a negative impression on me as a liar before the tribunal and the British high Commision
2. Causing a halt in my portended career in the UK as a result ant time wastage as my Appeal should have been 2 months old now if this event has not occeres.
3. also the pains and monies involved intrying to collate and arrange my papers are being threatened as waste and gone down the drain due to this decision which of course was caused by the inefficiency of the Nigeria Postal services

Is there any way you could contact the NIPOST management to report this incident caused by their own errors?
   Perhaps that's something you could do and see how they can accept the responsibility of the controversial date; if really the post agents made the mistake of improperly adjusting the date stamp, then i supposed there should be many other letters which should bear the testimonies of wrong date. If the NIPOST can accept this responsibility and issue official declaration regard same, then, you might still fight your appeal course.
   However, if this controversy persists, why not abandon the appeal and re-apply for the visa or whatever it is?
   A fresh application (with a letter addressing this incident) rectifying whatever was responsible for your refusal might help you out. Or is there something i'm getting wrong?
Re: Help Witadvice On D Decision Of D Asylum&immigration Tribunal On My Appeal Case by opsy4real1: 7:01pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ Vicjustice
Thanks a lot for your word of advice and hope if the NIPOST accepts the responsibility of the controversy. Howbeit, i plan to establish a legal suit in this regard because of the loss I have suffered even though they accept the responsibilitiy. I know how much was invested in this regard and i still think iam entitled to Damage as a result of being pictured as a liar in the 1st place due to that event, (if im sounding right and if not worth it, let me know)
secondly, I cant re apply again for the visa because this is my 2nd refusal for the UK student visa(I was not given an appeal form in the 1st refusal) and even I will say i was fortunate this time around that they gave me appeal form(I guess its a mistake because they dont give chances of appeal to appplicatnts with courses dat are of 6 months or less and im enrolled for a 5 months professional course)
thirdly,i do not think i will be given the visa if i realpply the 3rd time because the reson i was refused in this current case is that i have been unemployed since 3 yrs of graduation and failed to secure any employment and didnt have any evidence to show my financial circumstances and that was the reason for my refusal, If I now reapply, How do i bridge that gap regarding 3 yrs of unemployment? it wont favor me rather than this appeal which i was sure i will win, please let me know if iam making senses with my statements,

I wanna take NIPOST to court and they will pay the price of these shit in a big way because it has to do with my own career.
Re: Help Witadvice On D Decision Of D Asylum&immigration Tribunal On My Appeal Case by Omonla(f): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2009
opsy4real1:

@ Vicjustice
Thanks a lot for your word of advice and hope if the NIPOST accepts the responsibility of the controversy. Howbeit, i plan to establish a legal suit in this regard because of the loss I have suffered even though they accept the responsibilitiy. I know how much was invested in this regard and i still think iam entitled to Damage as a result of being pictured as a liar in the 1st place due to that event, (if im sounding right and if not worth it, let me know)
secondly, I cant re apply again for the visa because this is my 2nd refusal for the UK student visa(I was not given an appeal form in the 1st refusal) and even I will say i was fortunate this time around that they gave me appeal form(I guess its a mistake because they dont give chances of appeal to appplicatnts with courses dat are of 6 months or less and im enrolled for a 5 months professional course)
thirdly,i do not think i will be given the visa if i realpply the 3rd time because the reson i was refused in this current case is that i have been unemployed since 3 yrs of graduation and failed to secure any employment and didnt have any evidence to show my financial circumstances and that was the reason for my refusal, If I now reapply, How do i bridge that gap regarding 3 yrs of unemployment? it wont favor me rather than this appeal which i was sure i will win, please let me know if iam making senses with my statements,

I wanna take NIPOST to court and they will pay the price of these shit in a big way because it has to do with my own career.

Based on the reason for your 1st visa refusal ( 3 years unemployment), it is unlikely that you can bypass this issue in future visa applications when you were unable to satisfy them about it in your first attempt(s). If you were involved in volunteer work or some other productive activity while unemployed during those 3 years (provide evidence of these to the Consulate), this may help your application in future, but of course, not a guarantee.

Plus, if you had no evidence of your financial circumstances, why did you apply for a visa in the first place??
Re: Help Witadvice On D Decision Of D Asylum&immigration Tribunal On My Appeal Case by opsy4real1: 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2009
@ Omonla
(Plus, if you had no evidence of your financial circumstances, why did you apply for a visa in the first place??)
I undastand your points but the evidence of my own financial circumstances in this context is not referring to Bank statement of my sponsor which I applied with , but my own evidence of finances perhaps Im engagged in any form of business dat brings in money for me since am unemployed.

(1) (Reply)

Middle Name Issue. / USA Visa Lottery:single Entry Or Double Entry(married/couple),which Is The Best? / Post The Picture You Snap In Abroad Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.