Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. (1575 Views)

Nnewi The Japan Of Africa.these 10 Billionaires Was Born & Bred In That Town / Emeka Offor At Ifeanyi Ubah FC And Enyimba Of Aba Match (Photos) / Aba Set To Position As ‘japan Of Africa’ Following Geometric Power Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by MyX1: 5:55am On Sep 11, 2015
Discover Aba – Enyimba City and the Japan of Africa.

Business consciousnesses, great tendency to make extra income through hustling, authentic Igbo hospitality and a great approach to growing one’s spiritual life are the visions that resonate in the minds of many who think of Aba, Enyimba City. Located within the dimensions of Imo State (in the west), Rivers State (in the south), Akwa-Ibom State (in the east) and Ebonyi State and some part of Cross River (in the north), Abia State, popularly known as “God’s Own State” has Aba as its commercial nerve centre.
Aba may not have made a name for herself in the area of entertainment like Owerri and Port Hartcourt Cities, but one thing that is unarguable and that has given Aba City an edge over other cities in Southeast Nigeria is the enterprising spirit of the residents. This enterprising, otherwise known as entrepreneurial spirit of Aba residents have led them into manufacturing commodities and machinery that can favourably compete with foreign ones. Today, Aba has become home for fashion and leather work manufacturing in Nigeria and across the world. In 2014, Aba exported over one million pairs of shoes to foreign lands.
Although Aba is not the capital city of Abia State, it has remained the commercial nerve centre of the State. Greater percentage of the internally generated revenue used in running the State is generated in Aba. This is why Aba must not be left behind in the scheme of development of the State. When you talk about business in Abia State, where quickly comes to mind is Aba. Aba consists of two Local Government Areas – Aba North and Aba South LGAs. However, due to development and expansion of the city, some part of Osisioma, Obingwa and Ugwunagbor Local Government Areas have now become part of Aba such that if you aren’t careful, you will think that those areas are parts of Aba.
Enyimba City (the nickname of Aba) has an estimated population of One Million Two Hundred and Seventy Seven Thousand Three Hundred people (1,277,300) and an ethnicity area of approximately 18/km2 according to the 2014 estimate published in wikipedia . Despite the rise in urban development that literarily pushed the land owners, that is the Ngwa People away from the commercial city; some parts of Aba are still adorned by the jewels of Mother Nature – thick forest (like People’s road, Emelogu, Port Harcourt road etc.), low undulating hills (in Ogbor Hill) and awesome wildlife can still be seen within Aba. The Aba River which divides Aba into two is a great investment deport that can be maximized for optimum benefit to the State. Aba residents are predominantly Christians with lots of Churches and Prayer houses scattered across the length and breadth of the city (even within class room blocks), but still have accommodating heart for other religions, especially the Islamic religion. As a result of their openness and a heart without prejudice, the central part of Aba was sold out to the Muslim brothers where their Mosque is built till today. This Muslim area in Aba is called “Ama Awusa”, meaning; region for Hausa people. As i did mention earlier about the enterprising spirit of Aba residents, it is impossible to live in Aba without having one kind of business you do.
Recently, i discovered that you don’t necessarily need to show an Aba brought up, popularly nicknamed as “Nwa Aba” what business to do, but how to do it well with the 20/80 Principle (that is, 20 percent effort, 80 percent profit). By this i mean that doing business runs in the vein of every Aba residents.
I invite you to explore Aba, Enyimba City and the Japan of Africa. I look forward to seeing Aba become the industrial hub of Nigeria.
Re: Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by xamuel17(m): 6:09am On Sep 11, 2015
nice writeup

aba road is a nightmare and secondly i dont know what thing the state has with refuses, trash and dustbin everywhere!

#you rather send me to chibok, than take me to aba
Re: Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by MyX1: 6:36am On Sep 11, 2015
xamuel17:
nice writeup

aba road is a nightmare and secondly i dont know what thing the state has with refuses, trash and dustbin everywhere!

May be you have refused to see the good side of the city.
you apear to have focused more on the nagetive side of Aba.

But there is hope.

Re: Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by Mrbigman1(m): 6:54am On Sep 11, 2015
xamuel17:
nice writeup

Oga!!!!

His not talking about road or environment naw, his talking about what is obtainable and his advertising his city in his capacity.

Op, ur write up really needs a lot of finishing touches joor.

Writing is very difficult cos u need to calm down. Talk about what ABA is capable of in depth. How to access it from d state that locked it. If it has an airport, sea port and how many industry and kind u have and thrive on. What part u can find dis and dat and a lot. I appreciate this but u need to do more and I know u can do it.

1 Like

Re: Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by chybykee(m): 7:39am On Sep 11, 2015
MyX1:

But there is hope.

When was this picture taken?
Re: Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by xamuel17(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2015
MyX1:

But there is hope.

That foot bridge is in abia state polythecnic.
#Take note, it totally on safe to climb that thing, expect you have a death wish ... cuz it always wobbly.
Re: Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by MyX1: 10:02am On Sep 11, 2015
Okpu-umuobo rd Aba Abia State

Re: Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by MyX1: 10:09am On Sep 11, 2015
Along Umu-obo rd Aba Abia state
Re: Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by MyX1: 10:54am On Sep 11, 2015
Umu-obo rd Aba

Re: Discover Aba – Enyimba City And The Japan Of Africa. by AbaisGood: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
Guy! Why is it difficult for you to quote your source? I invested my time and energy to create an article on my Online Magazine - ABA IS GOOD ONLINE MAGAZINE and you went there to copy and paste it here without reference to your source. Why? See how people are praising you here for great write up yet you can't push back the glory by at least naming your source. Too bad. Well, I and my team is devoted to restoring the dignity of Aba.

Nairalanders, see source here and its details.
www.abaisgood.com/2015/09/discover-aba-enyimba-city-and-japan-of.html?m=0

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Elephant Cement Simply The Best...buy At Affordable Price / How Profitable Is Lingerie Business [pants,bras,boxers Etc] / Book Your Flight Ticket At Airline Rates At CTLTT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.