Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Be very careful...Brand New Scam Email Format By Scammers..beware!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Be very careful...Brand New Scam Email Format By Scammers..beware!! (1601 Views)

If You See This Scam Email Purportedly From Seun Osewa, Avoid It! / New Scam Formats In Town A Must Read Before You Be The Next Victim! / NEW SCAM Alert.....pls Someone Should Help Confirm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be very careful...Brand New Scam Email Format By Scammers..beware!! by Baldmarv(m): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2015
Just opened my email to see this....all they wanted me was to Click the link....then I will supply my details...the rest they say would be history.

11-Sep-2015
Dear Customer
Guaranty Trust Bank eLectronic Notification Service (GeNS)

We wish to inform you that a transaction occurred on your account with us.

The details of this transaction are shown below:

The beneficiary with details below was successfully re-added to your Internet Banking profile.

Beneficiary Name : EMEOMA IFEANYI KELVIN
Beneficiary Account : 3841085327
Beneficiary Bank : FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC.
Kindly proceed to transfer.

If you did not add the beneficiary kindly follow the below link to suspend/de-active unauthorize access on your account

https://ibank.gtbank.com/ibank3/login.aspx

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank plc

"Your Internet Banking user ID and password, ATM card number and PIN are confidential and should never be disclosed to anyone".

Kindly log on to our website www.gtbank.com OR
Call GTConnect on 0700 GTConnect (0700 482666322), 01 448 8000, 0803 990 3900 or 0802 990 2900 for more information.
NB:
Our notification service sent this mail to you using a default setting and the information you supplied to us when your account was opened.
If you wish to limit the type of mails you receive or the email address(es) in use, please send an email to us by clicking on the link below:
Send a Mail to Guaranty Trust Bank eLectronic Notification Service (GeNS)

1 Like

Re: Be very careful...Brand New Scam Email Format By Scammers..beware!! by Baldmarv(m): 11:55am On Sep 11, 2015
In the haste to stop a transaction that you didn't initiate, you supply you details to the scammers! Please never click any link to do any login for banking transactions. GTB say send an email or call GTCONNECT!

1 Like

Re: Be very careful...Brand New Scam Email Format By Scammers..beware!! by chillykelly86(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Thanks for the notice.
This deserves to be on Front page, Lalasticlala
Re: Be very careful...Brand New Scam Email Format By Scammers..beware!! by topblaze(m): 12:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
tnx for de info..

Re: Be very careful...Brand New Scam Email Format By Scammers..beware!! by secretstudent: 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
a better generation @ Baldmarv...kudos
Re: Be very careful...Brand New Scam Email Format By Scammers..beware!! by HonourablePomk: 10:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
I got this also with same format. I went to the banking hall to complain and I was told it's a scam don't click the link.

Lalasticlala let others learn
Re: Be very careful...Brand New Scam Email Format By Scammers..beware!! by CrazyMan(m): 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
The rate at which these scammers come up with new innovations to perfect their trade, if they put in the same efforts towards developing an aspect of the economy, this country would be a better place for us all.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Public Alert: Fake Whatsapp Message Turns Out To Be A Scam. / Man Comes Out Of A Bus In Traffic & Starts To Pee On The Road (photo) / Should This Be The New National Anthem? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.