Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

42 Nigerians Complete Training At The YALI RLC 2015 Cohort Program - Educational Services - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / 42 Nigerians Complete Training At The YALI RLC 2015 Cohort Program (1884 Views)

Edaucation: Lagos State University Student Awarded Six Certificates At Yali / Education :lagos State University Student Awarded Six Certificates At Yali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

42 Nigerians Complete Training At The YALI RLC 2015 Cohort Program by loifez(f): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
The Young African Leaders Initiative {YALI} is the flagship program of President Barack Obama that empowers young Africans through academic coursework, leadership training, and networking. They are also provided with the skills and connections needed to foster change in their communities and countries after successful completion of this program. The Initiative is a 13week program {5 weeks of training, 4 weeks of internship and 4 weeks of mentorship}

On Monday August 3, 2015 The Regional Leadership Centre situated at the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration {GIMPA} Accra, Ghana was officially declared open even as President Obama announced it in Washington DC.
100 Young Africans with track records in either of Entrepreneurship, Civil Leadership and Public Management were selected from eight West African countries{Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso, Togo, Gambia and Ivory Coast} for the 2015 Cohort program at the Accra Regional Leadership Center, Ghana; 42 of them stood out as Nigerians.

The five weeks provided all participants an unequivocal insight into Leadership and Accountability, Ethics, Contemporary Issues, coaching in core competencies and Management Simulation Training with Lecturers from different parts of the world.
On Friday September, 2015 all participants departed to their various countries with a new zeal and determination to change the African Continent starting with their communities.

These are some of the feedback from the Nigerian participants:

‘‘My understanding of leadership has been further polished because I have learnt that as a bottom liner, I have to combine it with being a nurturer and a sales person to make me a well rounded leader. In being a better leader, I have learnt to measure the cost at which I achieved my goals; did I bruise ego or did I wound anyone’s pride along the line? At what cost did I achieve that goal?’’ Ifeoluwa Leo-Olagbaye- Public Policy and Management

‘‘YALI has made me more knowledgeable about my space, thus my capacity has been built to be more responsible and responsive’’ Chukwuemeka Mbah-Civic Leadership.

‘‘I was inspired by the guest speakers we had. I learnt from Farida Bedwei to delete ‘Ican’t from my vocabulary and replace it with ‘I’ll try’. I learnt from Dr Marc Hardy the importance of sharing my fire and paying forward the favours Ive received from helpers in the past’’ Ibe Chidiogo Ijeoma- Entrepreneurship

‘‘Being a YALI participant has afforded me a life altering experience, a period of valuable networking, experimental learning and unlearning; I have imbibed positive leadership principles amongst others. I am the new face of positive change, empowered to impact my society more effectively towards the growth and development of Africa. Africa is better because of YALI. Aghama Moriah Jesurobo- Civic Leadership

‘‘I will ever be grateful for the opportunity I was given to be a part of the thirty-five days of investment into raising global leaders to bring about the needed transformation in our generation. I have been impacted with the ability to be a positive change agent. The inspiring moments spent together with different people through capacity building, teamwork, networking and series of lectures received will never be forgotten. I can now stand as a leader to make the positive change this generation needs. Gideon-Moses Adeolu Awojobi- Entrepreneurship

‘‘YALI was a life changing experience; I did things I had never done before but most especially, I networked and brainstormed with fellow young Africans on how Africa can be a better place by sharing our fire. I experienced in-depth knowledge about leadership, ethics, entrepreneurship and lots more. Adebukola Oluwatodimu Awogbade- Entrepreneurship

‘‘I had the great honour and privilege to be a pioneer member of YALI RLC 2015. The YALI experience has helped improve my confidence and how to read consensus in team work as a leader. I have also realised that there lies a sleeping giant in me that needed to be awakened'' Salawu Ololade Latifat- Civic Leadership

‘‘The five weeks at YALI RLC was indeed awesome for me, I have developed strong leadership skills that will make me more impactful and active in my Community, Business and Nigeria'' Okocha Nkem- Social Entrepreneur

‘‘YALI afforded me the opportunity to meet and interact with some of Afircs's very best. I have become a better person for it.. Thanks to President Obama for this wonderful initiative. Olabisi Olaniran SundayCivic- Leadership

Re: 42 Nigerians Complete Training At The YALI RLC 2015 Cohort Program by jessejunior(m): 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
We are gettin somewia

(1) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Offa..(daily Part-time And Pre-nd Forms) Is Still On Sale. / Introduction To R Programming / Study Locally For International Qualifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.