Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know (3805 Views)

Which Food Do You Hate That Most People Like? / Coca Cola Bottling Killing Us Slowly And We Dont Know It / Simple Home And Kitchen Secrets Which Most Of Us Have No Knowledge Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by saragujay(m): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
1. Do you know that you can amend an over-salted meal in the pot ,by simply rubbing palm oil around the pot and allow it to heat for more minutes? So,I mistakenly over salted our launch sometime ago and I applied this tip.Lo & behold, the food became tasteless (all the salt in the meal dissappeared), that I have to gently add more salt to taste. 2. Do you know that you can retrieve the normal aroma of your meal when it's burnt , by simply adding some slice of bread in the burnt meal inside your pot? The bread will absorb all the burnt aroma and give your meal its original taste. 3.Do you also know that you can make your Canda (kpomo) or cowLeg(ukwu efi) to soften within few minutes of boiling by simple adding Chewing-gum into the boiling meat. Please just the raw chewing-gum & not the one you have chewed. 4. I know majority of you didn't know that putting an iron spoon inside your boiling beans will make it soften quick in few minutes? It's better than using (pottasium). 5.Now this will sound awkward but i must say it. Do you know that adding some lumps of charcoal in a sour soup can make it regain at least 70% of its original taste ? Please wash the charcoal and make sure it's a fresh one you got from the firewood you recently used.
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Kingsasian(m): 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Wow! I hope this is true.
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by saragujay(m): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
Kingsasian:
Wow! I hope this is true.
go and pour gallons if salt in your food then try it.
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by falconey(m): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
incredible
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by daimsy(f): 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
I'm definitely not trying these ones.
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
saragujay:

Lmao..

Bread in a boiling pot, palm oil around the pot n all dat... Sounds like major foolishness abeg.
Come to think of the fact dat its coming from a guy, (looks more like he's looking for victims for his pranks ) lipsrsealed
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Ginaz(f): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
kolo kolo kolomental

1 Like

Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by saragujay(m): 2:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
try it bae(doubting thomasphine)
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Adasun(m): 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
undecidedanother kitchine technics;do u knw dat dis op can boil lies in palm oil

3 Likes

Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Sanmel(f): 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ehen..... I love the emphasis in no 3, "raw chewing gum and not the one you've chewed"

1 Like

Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by saragujay(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Adasun:
undecidedanother kitchine technics;do u knw dat dis op can boil lies in palm oil
have u tried it
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Kingsasian(m): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
saragujay:
hahahahahahaha. Well, I am good at cooking
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
I'm not sure I'll try these tips
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Engnrcollins(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
Really? I'll surely try out that # 1 & 2
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Ifiegboria(m): 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
I will try no4. #teambeansician
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by prettyJoy22(f): 8:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
Wow gud to know,that's if it really works
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by saragujay(m): 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
prettyJoy22:
Wow gud to know,that's if it really works
yh it does
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by prettyJoy22(f): 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2015
saragujay:
yh it does
aiit
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2015
Will definitely try the spoon inside beans.
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by traecey(f): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
I know d chewing gum bit is true...I use it when boiln cow head.
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by saragujay(m): 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
traecey:
yipee I'm right. But wait cow head u be butcher
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by aariwa(m): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
saragujay:
1. Do you know that you can
amend an over-salted meal in
the pot ,by simply rubbing
palm oil around the pot and
allow it to heat for more
minutes?
So,I mistakenly over salted
our launch sometime ago and
I applied this tip.Lo & behold,
the food became tasteless (all
the salt in the meal
dissappeared), that I have to
gently add more salt to taste.
2. Do you know that you can
retrieve the normal aroma of
your meal when it's burnt , by
simply adding some slice of
bread in the burnt meal inside
your pot? The bread will
absorb all the burnt aroma
and give your meal its original
taste.
3.Do you also know that you
can make your Canda
(kpomo) or cowLeg(ukwu efi)
to soften within few minutes
of boiling by simple adding
Chewing-gum into the boiling
meat. Please just the raw
chewing-gum & not the one
you have chewed.
4. I know majority of you
didn't know that putting an
iron spoon inside your boiling
beans will make it soften
quick in few minutes? It's
better than using (pottasium).
5.Now this will sound
awkward but i must say it. Do
you know that adding some
lumps of charcoal in a sour
soup can make it regain at
least 70% of its original
taste ?
Please wash the charcoal and
make sure it's a fresh one you
got from the firewood you
recently used.
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by DrPhilABd: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
traecey:
you too like food #tongueawt#
Re: 20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know by Ifiegboria(m): 6:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Native Soup ( Rivers Style) / Fine Chocolates Thread / Egusi With Achi Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.