Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari (34077 Views)

Militants Blow Gas Pipeline In Ogijo, Ogun, First South-West Attack Under Buhari / Neutral Response To Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari / See What Is Happening To Nigeria's Economy Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by bofoy(m): 5:39am On Sep 12, 2015
God help us please
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by Tycike: 6:54am On Sep 12, 2015
themilanway:
The irony of Jonathan's economy misrule and mismanagement,is that we are all bearing the brunt.

His ass lickers inclusive.
Nah, his ass lickers are not bearing the brunt. I was at a certain bank recently and found a group of people who I think are from GEJ community cos my account manager told me. They
were trying to cash almost a million naira of grant they got from GEJ. thats y they never see anything wrong on how he ruled this country. so I think people like temitemi1 and his followers are beneficiaries.

1 Like

Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by cotzywitzy(m): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The paid Goon again. grin

Always on time to defend the Presidiot, He's as predictable as a pig within stone throw from a pile of faeces. grin

@ topic, trash as usual. Trillions of Naira have been lost by investors; and this one is here wanking. Buhari as usual has no idea what's going on, That is why we need to see his genuine WASC result, I'm sure he got Z9 in economics not even F9. grin

Have said it...I don't think anyone in your generation is intelligent....Cause for u not to know what's really happening in this country means u r a big fool....

2 Likes

Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by mauriceju2(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2015
but BUBU and APC witches promise us that they have solution for all Nigerian problem and that was why we voted them in, why are they complaining now?
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by PassingShot(m): 7:51am On Sep 12, 2015
Ikiriye:

Who sent you.the light we enjoy today and some other benefits did you now see that you shot yourself in the leg.You will agree with me that the past govt was responsible for these development and not this present govt.you have proven to Nigerians that this govt obviously has not done anything and cannot because of your analysis till next year budget.so enough of these hypocrisy of sai baba and sai bullshit
No sir.

PassingShot:

Please try to understand these:
1. To revive an economy in shambles is not a day's job. I have provided just a few evidences to prove that the economy PMB inherited was in shambles.

2. The problem with lack of power supply was not the absence of generation capacity but absence of gas supply to the power stations and vandalism according to TCN. And to make us have power in our homes, the power plants only needed gas to be supplied to them and for the govt to find a solution to the problem of vandalism. Since PMB arrived, he has simply asked the GENCOS and DISCOS to sit up or be ready to face his wrath. The CBN provides loan to the gas suppliers (same practice since GEJ but there was still no gas) and now make gas available.

To solve the vandalism problem, the FG terminated the surveillance contract given to the militants by GEJ and replaced them with military.

So, quick fixes where possible will earn the regime the credit. Where quick fixes are not possible, the regime cannot completely take the blame. The blame will be appropriately heaped on it only after it has failed to solve the inherited problems after a reasonable period of time (usually btw one and two years).

1 Like

Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by lastpage: 7:56am On Sep 12, 2015
lawanson44:

GEJ had a Finance Minister with INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE who was still keeping our ailing economy afloat while working on modalities to revamp it! But the Nought and South-Waste out of sheer hatred and bigotry decided to vote GEJ out and elected an inexperienced "Body Language" Abokii into power who has no clue of whom to bring in as ministers to form his cabinet and hiding under the disguise of "Wanting those who are not Corrupt" to form his cabinet! Wake up and smell the coffee Mr Man!

I wanted to engage you in a constructive argument but as soon as i read this...
i came to the conclusion that you are no better than a M0RON!

YOU! cant engage me in any discussion, it is above your low intellect ... even your oaf of a father cant, not to talk of YOU! undecided undecided
Lets thank God for the anonymity afforded slowpokes like you, by the internet and the fact that PMB is still tolerant of irritant-Roaches like you.

Be reminded that it was mostly Yorubas that were are the forefront of the fight to allow GEJ succeed Yar Ardua, after his demise. The likes of Femi Falana, Pastor Bakare, readily comes to mind. The hot bed of teh protest was also at Ojota Lagos where people of the S/West used their blood and life to see GEJ sworn-in as President. Where was this "HATRED or BIGOTRY FOR GEJ" back then?
Can you tell us exactly what "FAVOUR" GEJ did for the South West or the reason for the "LIKENESS", back then, to deserve such support?

Where was the "hatred and bigotry" when the whole South West (Yorubas) voted massively for the slowpoke in 2011 or did Buhari not contest against him back then? But now that we refused to vote him in 2015 (and rightly so) you Eediots are #Wailing and #Moaning about "HATRED and BIGOTRY"!
Stewpid, yet-to-evolve nematodes without any iota of shame!

If cockroaches like you whose brain has been jaundiced by tribal sentiments, are capable of any intelligent reasoning, you would have seen that after SIX SOLID YEARS of wobbling and fumbling like an autistic child, the same S/West (Yorubas) were convinced beyond any iota of doubt that any further stay of GEJ at the helm of power, is to give credence to the American prediction that Nigeria will implode by 2015.

No one hates GEJ but his I.Q is just damn too low for governance of a country like Nigeria!
A so-called PhD holder that cannot string a few sentence together coherently?
A President whose best response to important questions of state is "America-will-know" ! shocked shocked shocked

I will own up anyday: re-electing GEJ in 2011 was a colossal mistake borne out of "ethnic sentiments" and NEVER will we repeat that sort of mistake again......... and we proved it in 2015!

And Yes! Buhari's "body language" has stabilized Electricity like mad!
Buhari's "body language" has made fuel available like water... and at the regulated price of #87.
His body language is sanitising NNPC and its Cabals, it is making treasury looters like Dezianni Allisson Madueke to catch Cancer, Akpabio is fainting and running red lights, Mama Piss has for once, shut her lousy bucal cavity, e.t.c

If Buhari's "body language" can do all these within three months, who then needs that "thieving Otuoke slowpoke" who is always "looking lost" with or without his oversized Fedora Hat? grin grin
Abeg, Buhari should just keep mute and let his body language continue to cause shivers jare! kiss kiss

I am sure if l scrutinize you closely, you wont go beyond one of those Yiibo boyz that sell Tokunbo Fridge at Lawanson and it is obvious "Hatred, Anger and Frustration" is generational to you peeps!

Y'all can drink Otakpiapia for all we care, if Buhari continues at this pace, hos second term is guaranteed.
We can say so because we have the "numbers" ... but you Eediots dont have the numbers! Last election confirmed that beyond doubt. tongue tongue

#SaiBuhari till #Southeast dem get sense joor!

Lastpage!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by lastpage: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2015
mauriceju2:
but BUBU and APC witches promise us that they have solution for all Nigerian problem and that was why [size=18pt] we [/size] voted them in, why are they complaining now?

Did you say "WE"?
In your dreams, right?

Abeg, park well joor, the clown you wasted your vote on is a pathetic loser.

Lastpage!
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by lastpage: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2015
Symphony007:
there was never a time that muhammadu buhari opened his mouth to Sy the jonathan administration was not cooperating with his transition commitee so forget that deflection of blame. If you have contrary evidence, provide it.

So, until Buhari himself "opens his mouth" before you believe so?
What a dolt you are!

Despite everything being in the news just before the swearing-in ceremony, that GEJ and his Ministers have refused to coperate with the transition committee, just to make sure Buhari can never hit the ground-running?

You these Yiibos are irredeemable fools, walahi! angry angry angry

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2015
neocortex:
You never disappoint passingshot,
all you are capable of is blame.

GEJ for all the woes of your clueless god,
I thought you will come up with meaningful
rebuttal and the best you can do is blame
an outgone government rather than admitting
the failure of Buhari who understands nothing
about economics.
SMH.

Keep up the good work, your 5K will soon be
ready.
u can see d resultant effect of ur clueless corrupt hero with phd without thesis that have 1st class in economics

1 Like

Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by phlemzy: 9:14am On Sep 12, 2015
With time,hopefully before the end of the first 4years of PMB,those folks that have been infected with the FedoraHatMan's syndrome will be cured of it,and they will be able to use their brains productively thereafter.
PassingShot Bravo!!!
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by EdDave(m): 9:23am On Sep 12, 2015
The problem with Nigerians is we cannot assess situations without throwing invectives and insults.
We seem to forget this whole thing is about us; the citizens and not Jonathan Vs Buhari.
If we can give the incumbent government constructive criticisms, instead of shouting and insulting each other, we will take off from where the previous administrations left off.
Regardless of whatever their performances were.

And we will be the voice that really brought change to Nigeria.
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 12, 2015
lastpage:

YOU! cant engage me in any discussion, it is above your low intellect ... even your oaf of a father cant, not to talk of YOU! undecided undecided
Lets thank God for the anonymity afforded slowpokes like you, by the internet and the fact that PMB is still tolerant of irritant-Roaches like you.

Be reminded that it was mostly Yorubas that were are the forefront of the fight to allow GEJ succeed Yar Ardua, after his demise. The likes of Femi Falana, Pastor Bakare, readily comes to mind. The hot bed of teh protest was also at Ojota Lagos where people of the S/West used their blood and life to see GEJ sworn-in as President. Where was this "HATRED or BIGOTRY FOR GEJ" back then?
Can you tell us exactly what "FAVOUR" GEJ did for the South West or the reason for the "LIKENESS", back then, to deserve such support?

Where was the "hatred and bigotry" when the whole South West (Yorubas) voted massively for the slowpoke in 2011 or did Buhari not contest against him back then? But now that we refused to vote him in 2015 (and rightly so) you Eediots are #Wailing and #Moaning about "HATRED and BIGOTRY"!
Stewpid, yet-to-evolve nematodes without any iota of shame!

If cockroaches like you whose brain has been jaundiced by tribal sentiments, are capable of any intelligent reasoning, you would have seen that after SIX SOLID YEARS of wobbling and fumbling like an autistic child, the same S/West (Yorubas) were convinced beyond any iota of doubt that any further stay of GEJ at the helm of power, is to give credence to the American prediction that Nigeria will implode by 2015.

No one hates GEJ but his I.Q is just damn too low for governance of a country like Nigeria!
A so-called PhD holder that cannot string a few sentence together coherently?
A President whose best response to important questions of state is "America-will-know" ! shocked shocked shocked

I will own up anyday: re-electing GEJ in 2011 was a colossal mistake borne out of "ethnic sentiments" and NEVER will we repeat that sort of mistake again......... and we proved it in 2015!

And Yes! Buhari's "body language" has stabilized Electricity like mad!
Buhari's "body language" has made fuel available like water... and at the regulated price of #87.
His body language is sanitising NNPC and its Cabals, it is making treasury looters like Dezianni Allisson Madueke to catch Cancer, Akpabio is fainting and running red lights, Mama Piss has for once, shut her lousy bucal cavity, e.t.c

If Buhari's "body language" can do all these within three months, who then needs that "thieving Otuoke slowpoke" who is always "looking lost" with or without his oversized Fedora Hat? grin grin
Abeg, Buhari should just keep mute and let his body language continue to cause shivers jare! kiss kiss

I am sure if l scrutinize you closely, you wont go beyond one of those Yiibo boyz that sell Tokunbo Fridge at Lawanson and it is obvious "Hatred, Anger and Frustration" is generational to you peeps!

Y'all can drink Otakpiapia for all we care, if Buhari continues at this pace, hos second term is guaranteed.
We can say so because we have the "numbers" ... but you Eediots dont have the numbers! Last election confirmed that beyond doubt. tongue tongue

#SaiBuhari till #Southeast dem get sense joor!

Lastpage!

I didn't even read your epistle. You are not worth it!
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by otil1: 10:22am On Sep 12, 2015
Summary of it all: IT IS NOT GOING WELL in 9ja.

It doesn't matter whether you are in support of GMB or GEJ or even Baba Iyabo. The outlook for Nigeria of the moment is gloomy and the managers of affairs show no sign that they are able to confront the issues.

Everything else is embelishment.
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by bukarmada: 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Danfodio is an animal, He's a human gorilla, didn't you know? grin

He's a pedophilic goblin. You freedom96 took after him.

freedom96:
I think I should leave u here cos it's apparent you are an idiiot and u are beating me with experience cheesy

@freedom98 why are you wasting your time on the BABY FACTORY product. @SeverusSnape seems to know nothing about his forefather.
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2015
lawanson44:

I didn't even read your epistle. You are not worth it!

Hahahahaha, omo see submission! This is a classic case of "my Mercedes is bigger than yours"! Sorry oh 44, lastpage is sure bigger than you!
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by Nimoomosuli: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2015
This thread is still relevant today as it was when the OP made it. Kudos Pasingshot. You're my Nairalander of 2015.
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Re: See What Is Happening To Nigeria’s Economy Under Buhari by Larriekay: 10:25am On Dec 22, 2015
PassingShot:
[b]This thread is of course a response to this https://www.nairaland.com/2590889/see-what-happening-nigerias-economy

For us to understand and appreciate what the new government has done or not done for the country, it’s very important to revisit the type of economy it inherited from the last regime as enumerated below:

1. The Nigerian economy operates a budget which is heavily skewed in favour of recurrent expenditure (about 90%) against capital expenses (about 10%) as represented by 2015 budget here http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-signs-n4-425tn-2015-budget/

Implication of this is that there will be no real development in the core areas that sustain and improve economic development.

2. Nigerian economy is largely dependent on crude export. Even the crude price has fallen below the benchmark price ($53 per barrel) on which the 2015 budget was based. Crude now sells at around $47 per barrel.

3. As at April 2015, the Federal Government of Nigeria had borrowed $4.4bn to pay salaries of its workers for March and April 2015. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3070070/Nigeria-borrows-pay-salaries-cash-crunch-worsening.html

4. GEJ met the reserve at $47.7bn in 2010 but still managed to reduce it to $29.6bn despite that crude sold for an average of $100 per barrel (peaked at about $140/barrel). The country’s FR plays a huge role in giving confidence to foreign investors in Nigeria’s economy. The higher the value the higher the confidence in the economy and vice versa.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-3070070/Nigeria-borrows-pay-salaries-cash-crunch-worsening.html[/b]

I could go on and on but these will suffice for now.
Now, let’s see OcheJoseph ‘s points one after the other:

Yes, Nigeria will be delisted from Bond Index of JP Morgan. However, it amounts to crass ignorance for any sane analyst to want to blame the government of the day. JP Morgan started the process of reviewing Nigeria’s continued participation in its bond index in January of this year given the fact that we had depleted our FR to an abysmal level while our currency continued to lose values.

For Nigeria to continue to participate in the BI, the conditions given by JP Morgan are very detrimental to our economy. Nigeria will have to devalue the Naira and possibly will exchange for about N350 to a dollar. This will drive up inflation which means cost of imports and even local goods will go up. Cost of doing business will shoot up and productivity will expectedly drop which will eventually lead to massive retrenchment by the companies.

So, should Nigeria have chosen to remain or accepted to be delisted? I wait for your answer.

What do we expect when the FG as at May 29 had not released a kobo towards capital development? The capital expenditure in the 2015 budget is paltry 10% of about N4.5tn and NOTHING had been released as at the exit of the last govt. So what miracle do we expect?

This is too cheap and very misleading. Job losses are a constant part of any economy and if it’s not as a result of a government’s policy or not on an industry-wide scale, you cannot put the blame on the government. Even in the link you provided, it was clearly stated that the layoff was not for any reason of threat or loss as quoted

“One thing that is clear is that Zenith Bank is not under any threat,” the source, who spoke with our reporter on condition of anonymity. “With the current crisis in the banking industry in the country, it is incumbent on any bank that wants to growth to bend backwards to re-strategize and restructure its operations to expand and grow.

Is the OP insinuating that there were no job losses during Jonathan’s regime? Or that every job loss was due to his mismanagement of the economy?

At some point during GEJ’s era, the naira exchanged at above N235 to a dollar. That it trades at N220 currently represents an overall gain from N235/N240. The CBN is on a mission to make it difficult if not impossible, for stolen dollars from our reserves to be easily exchanged or transferred abroad. Besides, the fact is that crude price has dropped and our over dependence on imported goods among others have naturally put pressure on the naira.

The headline reads “Nigerian economy slows in Q2” and not “Nigerian Economy Slumps”, Both are not same and don’t mean same thing.

The quarter 2 referred to represents April, May and June of 2015 and GEJ was in charge in April and May. Does it then make any sense to blame a presidency which was in charge of one month out of three months for the slow down in the growth?

Again, the fact is that the economy would have collapsed completely had GEJ managed to win the last election. The economy was already on a downward slide by the time we voted him out. So, for anyone to attempt to put economic woes that we may currently be experiencing on PMB/VPYO smacks of irresponsible partisanship.

What is the news here? Must Nigeria do business with China or any other country for that matter?
Nigeria will do business with anyone whose policy and business terms and conditions favour her. This is no rocket science.

The loss is as a result of JP Morgan’s delisting and it was definitely expected following the announcement. The loss is not Nigeria’s loss but investors. When investors have gained in the past, was the gain given or shared with the country?

As I said earlier, CBN/DMO/MOF and Nigeria as a whole has taken the right decision to stand up to JP Morgan’s manipulative tendencies. We cannot because of foreign or even local investors accept conditions that could bring the country to its knees.

If anyone needs to use their brain, it’s you and your co-travellers.

You lots preferred we continue with a failed president/government. You wanted us to continue with a regime that could not manage surplus and bounty harvest in times of scarcity. You wanted us to continue with a government which recognized stealing as the norm. You wanted us to continue with a government of wastes; a government that placed militants above law abiding citizens; a government that couldn’t guarantee security such that a portion of the country was in control of some rag tag terrorists.

Buhari ison a mission to stop the bleeding the economy was going through. He is on a mission to prevent a very bad situation from getting worse. He is on a mission to restore our lost glory, sanity, accountability and pride where STEALING WILL BE SEEN AS CORRUPTION.

May God continue to guide President Buhari & VP Osinbajo aright
May Nigerians prosper better under his selfless leadership

CC: Lalasticlala Seun Obinoscopy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari, Tinubu Arrive Emir Of Borgu’s Palace / Senators Walk Out Okoi-Obono Obla, Buhari’s Aide / I Wish Oyetola Well — Adeleke Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.