Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,106 members, 7,867,182 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:54 AM

UNILAG Should Be Blamed For The Electrocution - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNILAG Should Be Blamed For The Electrocution (497 Views)

Hawker Raped By Men Who Deceived Her & She Is Being Blamed For It / Transformer Thief In Borno Apprehended After Surviving Electrocution .. Graphic / Why I Slept With My Friend’s Teenage Daughter – UNILAG Lecturer. Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Should Be Blamed For The Electrocution by Jumkye: 3:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
Now this is not to condemn University of Lagos, I am a proud alumna of the school.

When I was in 300 Level, wires near my hostel, Amina Hall started sparking, we all ran out, shouting and screaming, it happened in the middle of the night. Fire services came to douse the fire but it was really scary. No one died but I still remember the bright light coming from right outside the hostel.

If the fire hadn't been stopped, the whole block would have been burnt that day.

A similar thing happened when I was in Final year, Honours Hall I was sleeping one Sunday when I heard sparks coming from the ground. We couldn't see it but the ground was vibrating. A few of us went to the DSA's house to protest and the man sent Electricians later to check.

Even if EKEDC left cables, University of Lagos should have taken serious action to do something about it.

I stayed in New Hall for Two Years, Oluchi could have been me, Oluchi could have been anyone of the millions of UNILAG students that stroll in and out of New Hall everyday.

My friend witnessed Oluchi's death and she is still shocked till now.

Everything is taken for granted in this country, UNILAG will push the blame to someone else rather than admitting that the University didn't take safety precautions to protect the lives of students and visitors on the campus.

Oluchi's death shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

In order to show any iota of shame and sobriety, UNILAG should name one hostel after her, it is only befitting because the young girl didn't even get to pick a project topic before she died.

Safety should be the watchword on Campus, every safety measure on earth should be implemented on Campus. This is the time to take action.
Re: UNILAG Should Be Blamed For The Electrocution by dejavski(m): 3:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
I will blame both the school and federal authority

#proudly Akokite alumnus
Re: UNILAG Should Be Blamed For The Electrocution by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
r.i.p to the dead...
Re: UNILAG Should Be Blamed For The Electrocution by Exponental(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2015
we lack maintenance culture. One reason for many avoidable occurrences....... we are not proactive, all in the bid to reduce cost.

(1) (Reply)

Family Jailed Over Selling Sex Slaves / Woman Stabs Pastor To Death In Calabar For Trying To Rape Her During Deliverance / Fela's Nephew Gets Sentenced For Involvement With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.