Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,076 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election (1127 Views)

Court Bars APC From Fielding Candidate In Anambra Central Senatorial Election / Imo North Senatorial Election: Okorocha On A Wild Goose Chase – Ekweremadu / Kogi Rerun: INEC Conducts Senatorial Election Without APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by byteHead(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
Former Governor Chimaroke Nnamani of Enugu State, on Friday, accused the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of rigging the Enugu East senatorial election in the last general elections.
Nnamani’s counsel, Mr O. Jolaawo, told the State and National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal in Enugu that the candidate of the PDP, Senator Gilbert Nnaji, rigged the election.
Jolaawo made the allegation during the cross examination of the PDP witness, Mr Okechukwu Edeh, who was the party’s collation agent in Enugu South Local Government Area.
He said that 25,093 voters were accredited for the election but that 32,056 voted, adding that election results in some wards were mutilated without official endorsement.
“In some wards in Awkunanaw West, the number of issued ballot papers was less that the used ballot papers.
“In Ward 9, some 234 voters were accredited but 400 ballot papers were issued. In the end, both used and unused ballot papers were only 200 and the remaining could not be accounted for,” he said.
The counsel debunked the witness’s claim that the election for Enugu South Local Government was free, fair and peaceful since the missing ballot papers could not be accounted for and violence that took place in some areas.
In his reaction, counsel to the respondent, Mr Peter Eze, told the tribunal that there were also mutilations of election results at Zik Avenue and Uwani East where the petitioner won, adding that his agent, Mr Okey Ngene, signed the Enugu South collated election result.
http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/node/16696
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by IamAtribalist: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
cool
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
angry
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by Jetjacky(m): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
and they will keep accusing whilst I dance shokki cool
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by Jetjacky(m): 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
Freemanan:
angry
ah, the intelligent mind. mate a good evening to you cool
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
PROBLEM OF THE DAY
Some birds were flying and met a bird on their way. The bird greeted them; hello hundred! They said we not hundred, we need half of us plus you to make us hundred.
Q. How many birds were flying?
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jetjacky:
ah, the intelligent mind. mate a good evening to you cool
Am loyal sir.
The political malady between these parties leaves me with mute words. I Hope you aren't concerned about them.
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by Imortal001: 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
PDP, surname is ojoro.
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by kossyablaze(m): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
Dat thief?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by Jetjacky(m): 7:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Am loyal sir.
The political malady between these parties leaves me with mute words. I Hope you aren't concerned about them.
nope. I haven't learnt not to. let them fight their battles whilst I face my challenges ahead my goals
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jetjacky:
nope. I haven't learnt not to. let them fight their battles whilst I face my challenges ahead my goals
Gbam.. Dazall... They Don't care about an average Nigerian... They just wanna get rich AND build for their kids.

We need to building for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by Jetjacky(m): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Gbam.. Dazall... They Don't care about an average Nigerian... They just wanna get rich AND build for their kids.

We need to building for ourselves.
Yup! sometimes I reminisce back to when I do break my head for this and then shake my head, lol is bad to be naive
Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
Jetjacky:
Yup! sometimes I reminisce back to when I do break my head for this and then shake my head, lol is bad to be naive
It is.

1 Like

Re: Ex-governor Nnamani Accuses PDP Of Rigging Senatorial Election by byteHead(m): 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2015

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: UN Counters Nigeria, Says Country Properly Invited To Missed Boko Har / $700 Million Raw Cash Found In The Home Of Petroleum Minister, Diezani Alison-ma / How Afonja (yorubas) Lost The Ilorin Throne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.