Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,360 members, 7,843,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

*MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / *MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess (748 Views)

Pastor Commits Suicide In Kaduna / Zimbabwean Pastor Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend, Videos Himself (Photos) / Fund Diversion: Pastor Commits Suicide In Lagos Over Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess by macho44(m): 3:21am On Sep 12, 2015
An American pastor, named John Gibson, who taught at the baptist theological seminary in New Orleans has reportedly killed himself by committing suicide few days after his name was listed in the Ashley Madison hack.

In his suicide note, Gibson chronicled his demons. He also mentioned Ashley Madison.

"He talked about depression. He talked about having his name on there, and he said he was just very, very sorry,"

Speaking to CNN, his wife, Christi Gibson described finding the body of her husband, John, in their on-campus home at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary on Aug. 24, days after his name was among the millions of identities revealed to have signed up for Ashley Madison, a website for those seeking extramarital affairs.

She said, ”It was a moment that life doesn’t prepare you for. I had to call my kids. How do you tell your kids that their dad is gone and that he took his own life?”.
Christi further told CNN that her husband’s suicide note detailed the demons he was fighting, specifically those regarding Ashley Madison.In an emotion laden interview granted by Christi Gibson, the wife of the deceased man, she said "What we know about him is that he poured his life into other people, and he offered grace and mercy and forgiveness to everyone else, but somehow he couldn't extend that to himself."

Since the Ashley Madison hack, authorities in Toronto say at least two different suicides cases have been linked to the exposure of their names.
Ashley Madison was hacked in July, and hackers released users' personal information in August. Since then, authorities in Toronto have said they're investigating suicide cases that could be linked to the data dump. It has also been reported that hackers have also sent extortion requests to people who were on the list.

Gibson said her husband was likely worried he'd lose his job.

"It wasn't so bad that we wouldn't have forgiven it, and so many people have said that to us, but for John, it carried such a shame," she said.John Gibson, 56, was described by close associates as a great teacher with a "quirky laugh," but he had struggled with depression and addiction in the past, his family said.

In a statement, a spokesman for Avid Life Media, Ashley Madison's parent company, expressed the firm's condolences and paid tributes to the deceased and all those affected by the hacking scandal, saying; "Dr. Gibson's passing is a stark, heart-wrenching reminder that the criminal hack against our company and our customers has had very real consequences for a great many innocent people."
Source:www.adielem.com
Re: *MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 12, 2015
This is just sad.

1 Like

Re: *MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess by bewla(m): 4:19am On Sep 12, 2015
lost mind if them born u in my jungle u no go worry pick another woman na rag them be .
if i liar ask D banj why him never marry.
any mumu we bash me thunder and sango join together they wait for u .
Re: *MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess by gunpoint(m): 4:35am On Sep 12, 2015
bewla:
lost mind if them born u in my jungle u no go worry pick another woman na rag them be .
if i liar ask D banj why him never marry.
any mumu we bash me thunder and sango join together they wait for u .
Next time type in English? undecided

2 Likes

Re: *MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess by Godfullsam(m): 5:20am On Sep 12, 2015
Why should a man of God take his own life ? He should av cried unto God for forgiveness and forgive himself.
Re: *MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 12, 2015
The internet: exposing men of goat one at a time.
Re: *MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess by Rukkydelta(f): 7:09am On Sep 12, 2015
The wages of sin is destruction he may have killed his body but his soul awaits judgement
SUICIDE IS NEVER THE BEST OPTION
Re: *MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess by bewla(m): 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
gunpoint:

Next time type in English? undecided
thank u na free world go sidown if he pain rub powder
Re: *MUST READ* American Pastor Commits Suicide After Being Linked In Adultery Mess by gunpoint(m): 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
bewla:
thank u na free world go sidown if he pain rub powder
Fvck me!!!

(1) (Reply)

Stalking At Its Best.lady GPS Tracked With Cell Phone Hidden In Her Trunk(photo) / Man Stabs, Removes 74-year-old Father’s Heart / Boko Haram Video Shows Violations Against Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.