Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,045 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female (6172 Views)

Buhari: "Northerners Are The Most Qualified" / Sarah Alade Is The Governor Of The Centre Bank Of Western Nigeria/ Deputy CBN / Nazim Mimiko Nominated To Replace Jega From March 1, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 9:33pm On Apr 07, 2009
i think we should look at the likely replacement. This lady may be the first CBN governor. It would be wonderful having her as CBN governor.

We need to put order into the system nobody is a God. And how do the international community look at us. if we continue this way. it would affect investment.

A woman like sarah alade would bring trust into the system. We should not make the mistake of bring Iweala to the CBN. it would be a big mistake on yar adua part. let Iweala remain where she is. The reason is , if they ask her to come home. A non nigerian would replace. what go would the non nigerian be to nigeria.

Do a research on this lady. She is the best candidate for the Job of CBN governor.  She is the most qualified among them. And if yar adua refuse to pick Dr sarah alade as replace with would be a slap on women in nigeria. An alternative is replace him with lemo, would know the banking system very well. we have to do something to restore Nigeria back to investors.

Dr. Sarah Alade
Deputy Governor, Economic Policy -

Dr Sarah Omotunde Alade was appointed Deputy Governor (Economic Policy) Central Bank of Nigeria on 26th March 2007.
She attended the University of Ile-Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) where she obtained a B.Sc (Hons) in Economics in 1976. She also obtained a M.Comm. at the University of Melbourne, Melbourne Australia in 1983 and a PhD Management Science (Operations Research), University of Ilorin in 1991.

Dr Sarah Alade commenced her working career in 1977 with the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development, Ilorin, Kwara State. In 1991, she joined the University of Ilorin as a Lecturer in the Department of Accounting and Finance.
She joined the Central Bank of Nigeria in 1993 as an Assistant Director in the Research Department where she served as Head, State Government Finance Office (1993-1996), Head, Federal Government Finance Office (1996-2000) and Head, Fiscal Analysis Division (2000–2004).

Dr. Alade has served on the teams for the review and analysis of major current economic developments in the economy and the preparation of Central Bank of Nigeria Monetary and Credit Policy Proposals to Government. She was also actively involved in the drafting of the Medium Term Economic Programme (MTP) for Nigeria.

Dr Alade was appointed Director, Banking Operations Department in May 2004. In that capacity, she served as Secretary Board of Directors, Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS) as well as Chairman, National Payments System Committee (NPSC).
Dr Alade, who is a member of the Nigerian Economic Society, has several publications to her credit and is currently carrying out research into Interest Rate Policy and Monetary Policy Implementation in Nigeria. She is married with children
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 9:39pm On Apr 07, 2009
Nigeria needs a change and we can not continue to recycle people. some mosop online mafia is trying to push iweala.

what they do not know is that the position of the central bank governor is not a birthright and it is not zoning.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 9:47pm On Apr 07, 2009
In the last 16 years igbos have ocuupied the Central bank governor position for 12 years,  so the online mosop mafia. give up there is no way iweala would replace soludo. they would protest and shut down the system. if that happen.

Dr. Paul A. Ogwuma, OFR
Served From: 10/1/1993  - Retired  5/29/1999

Prof. Chukwuma C. Soludo, CFR
Served From: 5/29/2004  - To Date
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 9:55pm On Apr 07, 2009
it would be wrong to overlook the most qualified candidate.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by luckiest: 12:17am On Apr 08, 2009
Egbe Omo Odua: when I read your thread I knew exactly where you are coming from; to start am from Edo State so automatically I can claim Egbe Omo Odua like you, so sentiments apart let the best person be given the job; is it because she and Tunde Lemo are Egbe Omo Odua like us then they are better than Iweala, common be realistic my friend, you are the one that is being unfair, I don't discrimininate; am not tribalistic, if you talk about cridentials just let the best get the job; drop that mosob issue this is the 21st century
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by luckiest: 12:20am On Apr 08, 2009
apart from his salary to what other benefit is he to his people; as far as i know we have more Egbe Omo Odua as major owner in the banking sector; it is not as if he or any one that will come after him will say let more banks be in my region
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by tpia: 12:24am On Apr 08, 2009
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 1:09am On Apr 08, 2009
Nobody is saying Dr Sarah Alade should get the job without due process, but due process says she is the most qualified one. And the igbo mafia , have been going about from news paper to newspaper pushing Iweala. And we are saying it is not going to happen.

When in the last 16 years , 12 years of years igbos were there and they are still demanding igbos remain there. so what about rest of nigeria, we come sell fish for this market , are we unlookers.

na greed my sister . pure greed.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by tpia: 1:23am On Apr 08, 2009
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Jarus(m): 8:38am On Apr 08, 2009
I know this woman. She is from from my town.
But I don't think she's the best for the job now. Can BR tell me how she's more qualified than Tunde Lemo DG-Financial surveillance? Don't you think Lemo will have a firmer grip of the system than Alade? If a female is to be put there, I think Iweala is more than qualified.
Just my token.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Sagamite(m): 11:20am On Apr 08, 2009
Becomrrich,

You are really a mentally ill person. Seek some help.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by desgiezd(m): 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ Poster

I wonder what you would do by the time the government announces the name of Dr. Tenimo Kurfi as the new CBN governor. Dont ask me how I got to know this.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by ohaechesi(m): 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2009
@poster

you are just nut. you've got no point and you can't do any bleeping thing about it. Iweala is most qualified even to be the president compared with those nut brains out there. she is academically sound and feet for any post in Nigeria. sigh and walk out of this nonsense and irrelevant garbage called thread
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Looklike2: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2009
president of where , nigeria tell her to run now and see if she would get 12% of the vote. only igbos would vote for her.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2009
Jarus I honest have nothing against Iweala or igbos. No, that is not the point. The point is even the nigeria constitution does not allow Iweala to replace Soludo. I distaste manipulation some igbos are doing at the moment trying to replace soludo with iweala. What about others living in nigeria. It is pure greed. after 12 years . you people still want to continue. No. Remove iweala from world bank. Would be to Yar adua govt disadvantage. YAr adua can not replace iweala with a nigerian. It would take another 100 years before a nigerian get that far in the world bank, So she resign and rejointhem. she love the place. let her stay where she want. We do not need her.

Do not think the issue is to have a yorubaman as CBN chairman. No, that is not the issue. Lemo is yoruba too. but we need someone who can turn around the economy and put confident in the system. Dr Alade would do that.

And Yes Tunde lemo is the most experience in banking among them all, but this lady is the most qualified. And we need to make women feel they are part of the nigeria society too. She would be making history as Obama. And still she is the likely due process person, it would be wrong not to allow her to take what is rightful hers.

And she is if I am correct she is likely from kwara state, define north in quote. And she is more qualified than anyone on the list. Why should they prevent her from become the CBN governor just because she is a woman. why If the USA can have an obama, and cant see why this woman can not be CBN governor.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2009
i would like to reply over here to something said.

what tribalism are you taking about ,  Can iweala be more igbo than my own nephew with the same lastname or surname. Or is iweala more igbo than my uncle wife. Or Iweala more igbo than my cousin husband, we are talking about due process.

And due process says Dr Sarah Alade is the the next in line. She is, I think from North central part of nigeria.  In the last 16 years the igbos have been central bank governor for 12 years. It is pure greed for igbos to continue going from newspaper to newspaper, internet trying to see, how iweala would replace soludo. It is greed. Greed kills.

Dr. Paul A. Ogwuma, OFR
Served From: 10/1/1993  - Retired  5/29/1999

Prof. Chukwuma C. Soludo, CFR
Served From: 5/29/2004  - To Date

And Police IG Okori must  be replace by a soon northerner. Take that from me. And  the lady at the stock exchange too would also be replace for allowing the manipulation of AP stock. most likely south south person.  So if you peole want to die, make una go die. We have to put order in the system.   

Even the constitution does not allow Iweala to replace soludo. What would iweala call it, if she she was refused to be given vice president of the world bank. what would she call it. Racism,  The word of God says do unto others what you want them to do unto you. Iweala should call her dogs off. She would NEVER become the governor central bank of Nigeria. She should take that from me. No hate meant. Call your dogs off. you people are only making other nigerian to hate the igbos the more. 

Richyblack,kaygee1234 , biina  are just an igbo bigot. This is why igbo have problem in nigeria, and other ethnics group do not want to deal with you. You give them bread to eat, they would die you if you try to near the bread again.

What you do not know is other nigerian are watch you. and they too would sure the next igbo person to be central governor would be 2088 when all nigeria ethnics group have had thier turn.

And you would see that with what you igbos are doing with would take another 50 years before any igboman become CBN governor. You are only making other nigerian hate you. continue to destroy yourself.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by htinez: 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2009
I don't think it's a good idea to replace Soludo so soon. In the interest of the nation, it'll be a better decision if he's granted a second term. His 1st tenure was grandly a success, he has saved millions of Nigerians their jobs with his recapitalization of the banks, the revaluation of the naira should also be executed.

So far so good, his policies have withstood the test of time. If you compare him our past CBN governors he outstandingly outclassed them all in policies implemented. Thank God he came before this financial crisis befell us else most of us working in the financial sector & downstream petroleum sectors would be on the streets now.

The leaders should rethink this issue. smiley
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Afam4eva(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2009
Is joseph sanusi Igbo? The name does not sound Igbo yet becomerich claims that Igbos have occupied that position for 12 years.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Jarus(m): 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2009
Sanusi is from Ondo state.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Afam4eva(m): 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2009
Jarus:

Sanusi is from Ondo state.

So,what's Becomepoor yarning.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 8:20pm On Apr 08, 2009
Take it from me, there is noway soludo would remain. Too much story , even with the senate. do you know how many times they have ask him to come to the senate over all issue.
And the economy is not doing well. Naira is at the all time high against the dollar. we need someone to fix soludo mistakes. nobody have served more than 6 years in nigeria history and soludo would not too. I know nigeria politics. He would not return. The economy needs a fix. why do you think nigerian are complaining under yar adua. Do you think yar adua want or love people to continue to complain.

Then the corruption issue.

The north central of nigeria have not produced any central bank governor. And this is thier chance to do do. other part of nigeria have produce the central bank governor. And dr alade falls into the central north zone. while no woman have been central bank governor. And this lady is not an outsider to the central bank like others. she have been with them since 16 years knows what is wrong and how to fix them, she does not have to learn anything.

Nigeria should give women a chance and let try this woman for a change. we can not continue to recycle old cargo.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2009
Becomrrich:

The north central of nigeria have not produced any central bank governor. And this is thier chance to do do. other part of nigeria have produce the central bank governor. And dr alade falls into the central north zone. while no woman have been central bank governor. And this lady is not an outsider to the central bank like others. she have been with them since 16 years knows what is wrong and how to fix them, she does not have to learn anything.

Nigeria should give women a chance and let try this woman for a change. we can not continue to recycle old cargo.

Pls do u your sef some good by shutting up ur trap. Must we rotate everything inm Nigeria.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Afam4eva(m): 8:43pm On Apr 08, 2009
I thought i heard Yaradua was gonna give it to his cashier In-law.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2009
I do not know where you heard that story,

But take this from me, you are funny. one minute you believe in our turn when it comes to presidency position of nigeria. Now second minute igbos do not believe again. While either by due process , Dr alade is the most qualified , even if you use federal character. Dr Alade come from the central north of nigeria, who have not produce the central bank governor. And she is a woman.

So no matter how you turn the table, all odds favours her.

Now coming directly from the president today, just coming out today, I have just been informed that the president said today he would comply with the constitution.

So if you do not want it then let the igbos join in changing the constitution, which the igbos senators and reps have been going about looking for ways to block a constitution review.

So tell your igbo people to come to the constitution review, instead of them running away.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Afam4eva(m): 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2009
How com i never heard of this Alade woman.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by tpia: 7:34am On Apr 09, 2009
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Becomrrich: 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2009
Under whose watch is the naira nearly N200 to a $1,  soludo.

Worst economy in nigeria. Even while people may lay blame on yar adua, is it not soludo that is suppose to fine turn the economy. what sowore and others are saying. that a mafia lead by soludo and other. what is see as igbo mafia are the give yar adua problem. To disprove them, let remove all of them and see if the system would not work.

the problem with the stock exchange would not happen if  Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke of the stock exchange was from a different background. sowore and others are saying the igbo mafia are blackmailing the nation. Just like they ar doing for the constitution review.

Soludo [igbo], iweala[igbo] and Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke[igbo] , nigerian need to be mix.
Look I can tell you this. If soludo leaves office tomorrow. He would be pick up by the EFCC that same day. He should not even be thinking about reappointment, is may concern should be with the EFCC a day after office.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by DisGuy: 2:15am On Apr 11, 2009
htinez:

I don't think it's a good idea to replace Soludo so soon. In the interest of the nation, it'll be a better decision if he's granted a second term. His 1st tenure was grandly a success, he has saved millions of Nigerians their jobs with his recapitalization of the banks, the revaluation of the naira should also be executed.

So far so good, his policies have withstood the test of time. If you compare him our past CBN governors he outstandingly outclassed them all in policies implemented. Thank God he came before this financial crisis befell us else most of us working in the financial sector & downstream petroleum sectors would be on the streets now.

The leaders should rethink this issue. smiley

how apart from recapitalisation what else really?
a couple of branches abroad, more awful customer services, our network is down
banks are actually allowed to charge customers if they go to another branch of the same bank!
'our network is down all the time', massive congestion att he banks, irregular year ends, not a single bank has ever been fined
under this dude, he is acting like an employee of these banks damn too close to the CEOs
sometimes you dont know what he is really doing, if as a professional some mallam is giving you aggro playing politics you quit
and tell the whole world what happened instead of tanishing your image acting like you cant get a proper job outside

his policies are only 2-3 years old not way to judge just yet

the best thing is for soludo to tell the country what his future plans are concerning banking in nigeria so we know
to keep him or bring in new blood
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by DisGuy: 2:25am On Apr 11, 2009
Okonji Iweala would be an ideal replcement just that she is too expensive!
Dr Sarah Alade
Fola Adeola
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi/Jacob Ajekigbe
Tunde Remo/Remi Babalola
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2009
This becomerich of a guy is a high functioning idiot. How many years since independence has the North central produced the president of Nigeria? I need an answer to this. In your own state, one man ( Olusola Saraki) is controlling everything. His son is the governor, he has a son in the senate and a daughter in the house of reps. Has many of his children in important ppositions in Kwara state and yet you have not been bold enough to speak about it. Well, I don't bvlame U I blame Seun for giving you nairaland to come here and be vomiting rubbsh against ndigbo.
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by oderemo(m): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2009
i have said it before and i will repeat, only become rich can stop become rich. he is a genius in the making. cool grin grin
Re: Most Qualified Candidate To Replace Soludo: Dr. Sarah Alade --- Female by Nemeziz9ja: 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2009
Another waste of thread! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnaji's Exit Is Affecting Power Supply. / Nigeria Has Lost Its Fight Against Boko Haram - Obama / Femi Fani Kayode Appointed Media Director Of Jonathan's Campaign Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.