Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,918 members, 7,852,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

Serena Williams Has Been Knocked Out Of The 2015 US Open By, Roberta Vinci - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Has Been Knocked Out Of The 2015 US Open By, Roberta Vinci (436 Views)

Watch Moment Anthony Joshua Knocked Out Klitschko / Serena Williams Is Engaged To Alexis Ohanian, Reddit Co-Founder. Gets Backlash / Serena Williams Loses To Svitolina At Rio Olympics 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Serena Williams Has Been Knocked Out Of The 2015 US Open By, Roberta Vinci by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 12, 2015
Roberta Vinci denied her a chance of winning a calendar year grand slam.

Vinci wins the first point with the help of a challenge and then comes up with a beautifully calm and precise drop-shot half volley at the net to leave Williams floundering at the baseline. Williams charges in behnd her next backhand but finds the net with her volley: three match points! Vinci hits Serena from one corner of the court to the other, pushing her deeper and deeper before standing still and delivering another perfect drop shot which lands plumb on the sideline, The Guardian stated.

Serena and Roberta played at the Semi-finals of the competition, with Roberta winning and to now play in the finals tomorrow evening.

“I stayed focus and something about serena she is an incredible player and I think this is the best moment of my life,” Roberta said after her record win.
“Today is my day. Sorry guys!” They applaud heartily. What will make this moment feel real, she’s asked. “I don’t know, ask another question please,” the 32 year old Italian said facing the crowd.

The game ends with 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 victory to make it an all-Italian US Open Final.

http://www.naij.com/548618-breaking-news-serena-williams-knocked-us-open.html
Re: Serena Williams Has Been Knocked Out Of The 2015 US Open By, Roberta Vinci by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
Na akpako she nack na hin cos her to loose
Lolz

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Your Team? / Tot Ham 1-1 Man C / SPORTS: Manchester United 3-0 Sunderland: Rooney On Target As Van Gaal's Men....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.