Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Advice! I'm Thinking Of Dropping My Degree Programme. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice! I'm Thinking Of Dropping My Degree Programme. (530 Views)

NPA Application Into 4th Regular Course Degree Programme 2016/2017 / Am On The Blink Of Dropping Out Of School I Need Your Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice! I'm Thinking Of Dropping My Degree Programme. by FunnyDude(m): 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hello! Am an undergraduate of one of the first generation University in the country on a Cgpa of 2:1 by Gods grace.After considering the high level of unemployment in the Nigerian labour market which most graduates I know complained of it,am thinking of putting my school to an halt to pursue a new skills I.e learning Mechanic,car-rewire or starting a full time Agro_business that willbetter my life.
I don't want to end up graduating and start regretting why I went to school due to lack of job.To get my current IT placement is hard let alone a job after graduation.

Note:Am about resuming my 400l as am through with my 6-months Siwes training programme.
Re: Advice! I'm Thinking Of Dropping My Degree Programme. by Emmaesty(f): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
Try to move this to the career section to get mature advice. In my opinion, What's worth doing is worth doing well. You are almost done with your degree programme and you can acquire the skills during or after your Nysc. It's not easy in this country starting a fruitful business, you can be searching for a job with your degree while trying to start up the car-wire business. Please don't put your eggs in one basket, Your degree might help you later in future
Re: Advice! I'm Thinking Of Dropping My Degree Programme. by destino24(m): 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
400level?
Guy, complete the programme first, then you can go learn all the skills you want.
Re: Advice! I'm Thinking Of Dropping My Degree Programme. by Olobitat: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2015
Barely 1 year to go dude, a degree might not be wat u'll need to be successful, bt aving it wouldn't hurt either. U can still always those skills afterwards...
Re: Advice! I'm Thinking Of Dropping My Degree Programme. by FunnyDude(m): 12:04am On Sep 13, 2015
Thanks all,I appreciate u all.

(1) (Reply)

Free Online Igbo Dictionary / 2nd Best Thing To Do In A Nigeria University / AAUA 2nd Batch Admission List Out 2015/2016, 2000 Admitted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.