Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient (938 Views)

What The Bible Says About Relationships / In Genesis 1: 26, God Was Talking To Someone, Do You Know The Person ? / God Was WITH God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Rilwon: 8:52am On Sep 13, 2015
Theists tend to believe that God is perfect and without flaw, and this is a belief that many Christians share. The New Testament expresses this belief, it mentions:

“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” – Matthew 5:48.

It should be noted that this verse specifies that only one person of the three persons of the Trinity is perfect. I found this to be odd. Why doesn’t the verse say, “as the Son, Holy Spirit and Father are perfect?” Why does the verse only declare the Father to be perfect? Does this mean that the Son, is imperfect? As it turns out, it does mean that. The Bible explicitly teaches that the Son, who is a God, is imperfect and had to be made perfect, God had to become perfect. That’s quite a strange idea. How can God be flawed? When we read Hebrews 5:8-9 , this is exactly what it teaches. The passages say:

Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.

There are quite a few things we learn from this passage.
* God the Son, had to learn to be obedient and was thus disobedient at first.
* God the Son, was imperfect and had to become perfect.
* God the Son, could not grant salvation until He became perfect.

We should take note, that the passage begins with “Son though he was”, therefore qualifying that despite he is a God, these things happened. The author specifically uses this phrase to denote that the deity is being referred to, and that it is the deity of the Son which had to learn and become perfect. What is problematic is that according to the Trinitarian dogma,each person in the Godhead is co-equal. Therefore, if the Father is perfect, then the Son should be perfect too.

However, as we have just learned, this is not the case. The New Testament explicitly states that the Son was imperfect, had to be made perfect, had to suffer and only when he suffered, then he was able to grant salvation. The New Testament teaches that God could not grant salvation of His own will, because He was flawed and imperfect..
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by kiddkash(m): 8:54am On Sep 13, 2015
hmmm
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 13, 2015
weed n bible aint good combo.
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Rilwon: 9:02am On Sep 13, 2015
DDeliverer:
weed n bible aint good combo.
grin
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Rilwon: 9:04am On Sep 13, 2015
lalasticlala
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Tallesty1(m): 9:06am On Sep 13, 2015
Do you know who the son was before coming to earth??

It will help you to understand that passage.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by OVI75(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2015
U lack spiritual understanding,or may be worse!u lack simple grammatical understanding as well.first and foremost you are a confused muslim(Rilwon) so i don't realy blame you much.the bible was saying in hebrews thatJesus(son)though he was(perfect )learned obedience from what he suffered(the cross)you must know that Jesus was human in this world(thus having the tendency to be disobedient)yet submitted himself to what he could refused,by virtue of his power.so the prelude 'though he was'and learned does not mean he was imperfect and disobedient.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Rilwon: 9:20am On Sep 13, 2015
OVI75:
U lack spiritual understanding,or may be worse!u lack simple grammatical understanding as well.first and foremost you are a confused muslim(Rilwon) so i don't realy blame you much.the bible was saying in hebrews thatJesus(son)though he was(perfect )learned obedience from what he suffered(the cross)you must know that Jesus was human in this world(thus having the tendency to be disobedient)yet submitted himself to what he could refused,by virtue of his power.so the prelude 'though he was'and learned does not mean he was imperfect and disobedient.

undecided
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2015
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the SON OF MAN, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Dekatron(m): 9:31am On Sep 13, 2015
Baba rilwon,

please tell mohammed he is a piece of shiit.

I wonder how I can slaughter a fellow human cos of JIHAD & still not eat pork.

Mohammed fvcked us up sooooooo bad that I wish I could go back in time

After all, Christians are just plain foolish and gullible. They are not bloodthirsty like most Muslim

BTW, I am an atheist.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by malvisguy212: 9:53am On Sep 13, 2015
Rilwon:
Theists tend to believe that God is perfect and without flaw, and this is a belief that many Christians share. The New Testament expresses this belief, it mentions:

“Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” – Matthew 5:48.

It should be noted that this verse specifies that only one person of the three persons of the Trinity is perfect. I found this to be odd. Why doesn’t the verse say, “as the Son, Holy Spirit and Father are perfect?” Why does the verse only declare the Father to be perfect? Does this mean that the Son, is imperfect? As it turns out, it does mean that. The Bible explicitly teaches that the Son, who is a God, is imperfect and had to be made perfect, God had to become perfect. That’s quite a strange idea. How can God be flawed? When we read Hebrews 5:8-9 , this is exactly what it teaches. The passages say:

Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.

There are quite a few things we learn from this passage.
* God the Son, had to learn to be obedient and was thus disobedient at first.
* God the Son, was imperfect and had to become perfect.
* God the Son, could not grant salvation until He became perfect.

We should take note, that the passage begins with “Son though he was”, therefore qualifying that despite he is a God, these things happened. The author specifically uses this phrase to denote that the deity is being referred to, and that it is the deity of the Son which had to learn and become perfect. What is problematic is that according to the Trinitarian dogma,each person in the Godhead is co-equal. Therefore, if the Father is perfect, then the Son should be perfect too.

However, as we have just learned, this is not the case. The New Testament explicitly states that the Son was imperfect, had to be made perfect, had to suffer and only when he suffered, then he was able to grant salvation. The New Testament teaches that God could not grant salvation of His own will, because He was flawed and imperfect..
let me add this.
Luke 6:36
Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Does this mean Jesus is not merciful ? Were are the evidence that Jesus is not perfect or merciful in the bible ?

Let us read from verse 43 to 48.
Matthew 5:43-48
You have heard that it was said, ‘You
shall love your neighbor and hate
your enemy.’ But I say to you, love
your enemies and pray for those who
persecute you, so that you may be
sons of your Father who is in heaven;
for He causes His sun to rise on the
evil and the good, and sends rain on
the righteous and the unrighteous.
For if you love those who love you,
what reward do you have? Do not
even the tax collectors do the same?
If you greet only your brothers, what
more are you doing than others? Do
not even the Gentiles do the same?
Therefore you are to be perfect, as
your heavenly Father is perfect.

Jesus clarified that the commandment that say we are to Love those who love us and hate those who hate us is not a big deal, even the pagan do the same , then he went on to teach the people on how to attained perfection :

" THEREFORE YOU are to be perfect AS
your heavenly Father is perfect."

So the flow of the paragraph could be
summarized as follows:

You have heard "love with partiality"
but I say to you "love impartially" so
you can be sons of the Father; for the
Father loves impartially. If you love with partiality,you are nothing special... even the wicked do that.Therefore, you are to love perfectly as the Father loves perfectly.

Note: Jesus is teaching in matthew 5, you cannot teach what you don't have.
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by malvisguy212: 9:55am On Sep 13, 2015
lexiconkabir:
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the SON OF MAN, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
so therefore...
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Rilwon: 10:07am On Sep 13, 2015
Dekatron:
Baba rilwon,

please tell mohammed he is a piece of shiit.

I wonder how I can slaughter a fellow human cos of JIHAD & still not eat pork.

Mohammed fvcked us up sooooooo bad that I wish I could go back in time

After all, Christians are just plain foolish and gullible. They are not bloodthirsty like most Muslim

BTW, I am an atheist.

lol grin

Some xtians would be hitting like on this troll's post forgetting that he called dem 'foolish and gullible'.
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Dekatron(m): 10:17am On Sep 13, 2015
Rilwon:

lol grin

Some xtians would be hitting like on this troll's post forgetting that he called dem 'foolish and gullible'.
yes, they are foolish and gullible for christ.

And you are bloodthirsty for Allah
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Rilwon: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2015
Dekatron:

yes, they are foolish and gullible for christ. And you are bloodthirsty for Allah

Clown!
Re: The Bible Says God Was Imperfect, Ignorant And Disobedient by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 13, 2015
This should be a thread by an islamist. Anyway christianity has been polluted which makes jick and jack say trash. Hear the truth, there is nothing like God the father, God the son, God the holyspirit. Bible never called the son and holyspirit as God. Jesus himself do pray to God and does nothing except he gets order from God. Jesus only told his disciples to baptise in the name of the Father, son and Holyspirit. Nothing like trinity. It was after Jesus fufilled his work on earth that God gave him power. He said all power in heaven and on earth has been given unto him when he was about to return to heaven. Dont mind those thieves who teaches rubbish because of money.

(1) (Reply)

2016 The End Of The World / 2016 Prophetic Outlook For Mfm / Funny: Happy Sunday Nairalanders (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.