Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,946 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! (728 Views)

Sunday Mass Reading, 29th January 2017 / Benson Idahosa's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Muslims Across France Attend Sunday Mass, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! by Babangida70(m): 11:11am On Sep 13, 2015
Today's Mass was just the most boring mass I have attended. This is the story ::::::::::::::::

I woke up by 5:00am and started preparing for church. 5:30am I left my house and at exactly 5:52am, I was already seated at the back of the church.

The priest came in and I noticed that he is the former parish priest who is now in port Harcourt dioceses. He commenced the holy mass and after taking the gospel, he began to preach the sermon and before he started, he said "if anyone here does not want to hear what am about to say, he/she should use something to close his/her ear right now"

He now started and these are the exact words he used.....
"" my fellow south-easterners/Igbos, another war is coming so everybody should get ready cos it will be deadlier than the first Nigerian civil war. How can our oils be drilled and revenues gotten from it be used in developing and feeding Northerners.
How can the North own 87% of the oil wells in our land and the west owns the remaining 13%. The yoruba's go to the newspapers to write rubbish and the claim they are wise. South-east are Biafra people and will continue to fight till we achieve what we want and it will be achieved sooner than we know it by then, we will take back control of our oil and leave Nigeria.
The other day, the Nigerian Navy killed many members of Indigenous people of Biafra(IPOB) who were only doing peaceful protest and they went to the newspapers to say that they were MASSOB members. Uwazuluike was interviewed the other day and he confirmed that no MASSOB member was killed... so it's the IPOB members that were murdered by these wicked Naval officers. Now those officers have been transferred from onitsha to Lagos.

I use to listen to radio Biafra and Nnamdi kanu tells us the whole truth. Nnamdi said that the Biafran people will retaliate on the killing of our brothers. To be in Nigeria is not by force and we do not want to be in it again"".

He ended his hate sermon by calling out the radio frequencies of Biafra radio, he said "Aba***, onitsha ***, Port Harcourt ***, Enugu ***, umuahia ***, + other south south states and it's television channel for Viewing"

He finally concluded by saying " I would rather die than being a slave in this country. May God almighty continue to bless Nnamdi kanu for his good works".

I sat on my chair with my eyes and mouth wide open. I asked myself "Kenechukwu is this a dream"? I even pinched myself to know whether am dreaming and to my surprise it's real.

How can a reverend father who calls himself a man of God, wake up on a day like this, walked up the alter of God and start preaching hate and inciting the people of God against one another! Telling them that war is coming so they should get ready for liberation.

I asked myself "Liberation from what"?
What is this world turning into?
What is religion turning into?

If it wasn't for God, I would have left church and go home and enjoy my. Sleep cos this is not the first priest that I have seen preaching division of Nigeria. There are still many of them out there eagerly waiting for the war to start so they will all run to ROME to seek refuge as priest of catholic church.
They should stop inciting the people against the government. If they want to turn politicians and activists, they should simply resign from priesthood and join Nnamdi Kanu rather than being wolves in sheep's clothing.

What will they gain if war starts? They should go and take a good look at war-torn countries and stop beating the drum of war in this country. They should pray for the peace and unity of this country cos they are anointed men of God as said.

May God continue to bless the federal republic of Nigeria!!!

Shalom............
Re: Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! by kikilove(f): 11:13am On Sep 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! by Moneyab(m): 11:20am On Sep 13, 2015
Well said bro. I can relate with your experience
Re: Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 13, 2015
Were you writing or recording his exact words has he was preaching? Or how else were you able to remember all these words?
Re: Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! by Babangida70(m): 11:24am On Sep 13, 2015
Ichiato:
Were you writing or recording his exact words has he was preaching? Or how else were you able to remember all these words?

I recorded it on my phone.
Re: Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:25am On Sep 13, 2015
"I smell lie muhammed on this thread, APC has taken over this thread." Quote me anywhere.
Re: Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! by keandre: 11:25am On Sep 13, 2015
like seriously you memorized all he said
Re: Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 13, 2015
Hmmm ok
Re: Most Boring Sunday Mass I Have Ever Attended Is Today! by btoks: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
OP, no rev father is a law unto himself.Report the matter to his Bishop,there is hierarchy in the church.

(1) (Reply)

Chris Okotie's Sermon This Morning / And They Say Islam Is Of Peace / Will God Forgive Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.