Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips (1239 Views)

How to Fix ads.txt error message on Google AdSense Account / 10 Easy Ways To Write A Powerful And Addictive Introduction For Your Blog Post / I Will Give You 40 High Pr Including 20 .edu & .gov Backlinks -to Boost Your Seo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips by Betboss(m): 11:40am On Sep 13, 2015
Backlink is one SEO factor that cannot be overemphasized, the importance of backlinks to your site is the backbone for sustained organic traffic overtime. As you know , you can get regular organic traffic on the long run from search engines. Google for instance, considers backlink a serious factor for ranking websites on their SERPs.

To rank high on search engines and by extension to get huge number of organic traffic to your website, you will need to have high number of quality backlinks linking to your website. Google regards the number of backlinks linking to your website as a sign of website authority and how valuable the website is. You should be wary of sites which link to you as your website ranking on Google can be demoted to trash and all your efforts lost due to spam-like activities.

What is Backlink?

Backlink is simply defined as a link on another website which points to your website or webpage.

There are so many ways you can build backlinks to your website, it is better to build it the natural way. Backlinks is one of the basic factors for ranking high on SERPs , but it is necessary that you get backlinks from reputable sources, this way you rankings will improve even with moderate number of backlinks. Building backlinks is a gradual process that should be consistent, you can set a target of ten backlinks per day and on the long run you will have high number of quality backlinks pointing to your website.

Here are ten easy ways to build high quality backlinks to your website.

Create Quality Contents

One of the best ways to build backlinks to your website is by creating quality contents. When you create a great content , webmasters will want to link to it. Your content should always be savvy and insightful providing great details and solution to a problem. I remember my web host directing me to a post on Inmotion hosting blog to get more answers to my technical question. A quality content can go viral and get you lots of backlinks to your website and traffic by extension.

Guest Post

You can increase backlinks to your website by guest posting on popular blogs and article directories in your niche. This a great networking strategy that will make your blog very popular and get high quality backlinks to your website. Always look out for great websites with two important factors, very high Alexa ranking and backlinks, before choosing to become a guest contributor on the platform.

Answer Questions on Quora

Answering questions on Quora a very successful platform with tremendous traffic will increase your website backlinks. All you have to do is search for keywords related to your niche , provide valuable answer to a question and link to an article in your website which provides more details on the question. Don't spam the platform, always provide useful answers and the backlink and traffic will follow.

Answer Questions on Yahoo

Similar to Quora is the Yahoo answer platform which gives users the opportunity to ask questions and as well answer questions. You can get high quality backlinks from Yahoo by either asking a question or providing valuable answer to a question. You can then add a link to your website or preferably webpages. Its very effective and more preferably, though more stressful to build backlinks to individual webpages on your website than to your website homepage.

Create Profiles on Social Media

Creating profiles on the most popular social media networking sites will get you high quality backlinks to your website. Create a profile on Twitter with a link to your website. Twitter allows you to add only three dofollow links, Facebook allows you to add one dofollow link in your profile,LinkedIn allows you to add about two dofollow links, Google Plus allows you to add about ten or more dofollow links in the about section, but anything more than ten maybe regarded as spam, you can increase this by telling your employees, if any or your very close friends to add your website links in their about section. That's more free quality backlinks to your website.

Submit Website To Social Bookmarking Sites

Though, some SEO experts have suggested that Google no longer give much consideration to backlinks generated from social bookmarking websites as they believe lots of webmasters now abuse this, but there are few social bookmarking websites you can still get quality backlinks from. You should submit your best contents on social bookmarking websites like Digg, Reddit and Stumbleupon. This bookmarking sites can make your contents go viral , bringing you backlinks and traffic.

Get Listed On Dmoz

You should endeavour to get listed on some of the biggest web directories like Dmoz. Though , it might take some time to get listed on Dmoz, but you can be sure of getting high quality backlinks from this platform as well as traffic.

Comment On Popular Blogs

Commenting on great blogs and forum in your niche is another way to build high quality backlinks to your website. Search for popular blogs and forums in your niche and drop your comments once in a while. The comment box allow you to add a link to your website, this links are dofollow links. On forums, the signature section allows you to add dofollow links to your websites. Most SEO experts are skeptical about building backlinks through commenting on popular blogs and forums as this could get you penalised by Google and your ranking dropped to trash. Always do your research well and comment on blogs and forums with large audience. Don't spam this platforms by commenting virally on every blog or forum.

Submit Website To RSS Directories

There are lots of RSS directories platforms which gives you the opportunity to submit your RSS feed to their directory so that people can easily access your website contents. When you submit your RSS feed to this directories ,you will get a backlink linking back to your website. Its a great way to build lots of backlinks by submitting your RSS feed to hundreds of RSS directories.

Submit Website To Web Directories

You can increase backlinks to your website by submitting your website to some of the biggest online web directory platforms. Though , some of this web directories have nofollow tag in links submitted on their platforms, but your content can go viral and in the process backlinks and traffic are accrued.

In conclusion, there are so many tips on how to build backlinks to your website and even more myths on dos and don'ts , the only real way to building high quality backlinks to your website is by trying out some of this tips, measure your results overtime to see what's working and what's not. You can then continue with the strategy that works for you.

Source: http://herokeys.com/article/10-easy-ways-to-build-backlinks-to-your-website/
Re: 10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips by oteneaaron(m): 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hello..hero keys......weldone for your article....but lemme put you through some better link building methods that actually work...and that a newbie can start working on.....

You metioned writing quality contents....i agree with that....but it happens only if you have a strong online authority and people naturally link back to your page.....if your website has no authority..then getting a backlink becomes a long story.......... Dis method works only in a long term process....

Guest posting as you mentioned is great...but it can either make or mar your own website link building efforts if you don't do it right.......if you are guest blogging.....make sure your articles are highly professional..original....and practical.....dis gives you potential backlink more authority when google bots come feeding through links....

Answering questions on yahoo....

You didnt say everything....always tell your readers all that is invovled....make research and give details...before you are
Allowed to start inserting links on yahoo answers...you must have reached a particular level( stars) before you can add links..... It does not happen automatically...

Social media is great....

But according to demoz..... Social media links can not catergorical defined as concrete backlinks....because..the social media is progressive....and trending news fades fast....

You mentioned submitting links to directories.....na...

Thats an ancient SEO method.....no one does that anymore...so please don't advice the public on outdated SEO techinques....

I 100% totally agreee with you on...

Related blog commenting..
Its one of the never dying backlink building methods....as far as if you place links on blogs related to yours.......placing links on untelated blogs...wil lead to very dire search engine ranking penalties.....

Maybe you forgot...

But you did not mention ....
Forums and online comunities... Nairaland...and other forums --are perfect backlink sources...as far as your links relate to your blog content.......

I would like to discuss with you on some of your SEO and internet marketing strategies.....if you interested......buzz me on twitter @roviarsguide or email --- roviarsguide@gmail.com

Enjoy the rest of your sunday
Re: 10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips by Godmother(f): 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
Very educative post. It takes a while to build a site's backlink and pagerank but grdually, it gets done.
Re: 10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips by emillionaire: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2015
the easiest wayo
Re: 10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips by emillionaire: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2015
the easiest way is to post your sio
Re: 10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips by Betboss(m): 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
oteneaaron:
Hello..hero keys......weldone for your article....but lemme put you through some better link building methods that actually work...and that a newbie can start working on.....

You metioned writing quality contents....i agree with that....but it happens only if you have a strong online authority and people naturally link back to your page.....if your website has no authority..then getting a backlink becomes a long story.......... Dis method works only in a long term process....

Guest posting as you mentioned is great...but it can either make or mar your own website link building efforts if you don't do it right.......if you are guest blogging.....make sure your articles are highly professional..original....and practical.....dis gives you potential backlink more authority when google bots come feeding through links....

Answering questions on yahoo....

You didnt say everything....always tell your readers all that is invovled....make research and give details...before you are
Allowed to start inserting links on yahoo answers...you must have reached a particular level( stars) before you can add links..... It does not happen automatically...

Social media is great....

But according to demoz..... Social media links can not catergorical defined as concrete backlinks....because..the social media is progressive....and trending news fades fast....

You mentioned submitting links to directories.....na...

Thats an ancient SEO method.....no one does that anymore...so please don't advice the public on outdated SEO techinques....

I 100% totally agreee with you on...

Related blog commenting..
Its one of the never dying backlink building methods....as far as if you place links on blogs related to yours.......placing links on untelated blogs...wil lead to very dire search engine ranking penalties.....

Maybe you forgot...

But you did not mention ....
Forums and online comunities... Nairaland...and other forums --are perfect backlink sources...as far as your links relate to your blog content.......

I would like to discuss with you on some of your SEO and internet marketing strategies.....if you interested......buzz me on twitter @roviarsguide or email --- roviarsguide@gmail.com

Enjoy the rest of your sunday

Thanks @oteneaaron for your input, I relate to some of your contributions , but I must stress that SEO is a very dynamic and diverse phenomenon.

Web directories remain one the oldest and still modest ways to build backlinks, though Google doesn't give much credence to web directories, but the likes of Dmoz, Yahoo directory still can help you get high quality backlinks and more traffic if you get listed.
Re: 10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips by Betboss(m): 9:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
Godmother:
Very educative post. It takes a while to build a site's backlink and pagerank but grdually, it gets done.

Thanks... Seconded, its a gradual but continuous process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips by cheavroi(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2015
Betboss:

Thanks @oteneaaron for your input, I relate to some of your contributions , but I must stress that SEO is a very dynamic and diverse phenomenon.

Web directories remain one the oldest and still modest ways to build backlinks, though Google doesn't give much credence to web directories, but the likes of Dmoz, Yahoo directory still can help you get high quality backlinks and more traffic if you get listed.

Great discussion so far. I totally agree with you both but I want to stress, there are no outdated link building techniques. Any method that can be scaled is considered wrong when you look through using Google's lens. And that is one of the reasons guest posting came under much structinise recently.

My advice is to always ask yourself this question when building links

What value is this link going to provide?

If you can correctly answer this question, then you can implement any strategy and get away with it.
Re: 10 Easy Ways To Build Backlinks To Your Website - Pro Tips by charsobodo(m): 2:48am On Feb 27, 2016
There are so many ways to build backlinks, and guest posting is one of such because you can get huge traffic from your SEO link building efforts and you will as well be rewarded with quality backlinks pointing to your site.

(1) (Reply)

. / Is It The Theme? / Nominees List For West Africa Bloggers Award 2017 Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.