Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? (8515 Views)

I Can’t Hold Back Sexual Urge Towards My Daughter – Widower Cries Out / Would You Hold Your Soldier Friend Back From Beating A Civilian? / The Power Of Grudges In The Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
This thread was inspired by another (The power of grudges in the family.) and some family members of mine who are known for bearing grudges for a while, whether they have been really wronged or just imaginatively.

What kind of person are you? Quick to forgive or rather resentful or even vindictive?

I am trying to understand what the psychology is behind a forgiving and unforgiving nature? And maybe we can help some people cope with their rather unforgiving family members.
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by ladyF(f): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
I'm quick to forgive, holden grudges puts a burden on you,. If the Heavenly father can forgive you of your very many sins, who are you not to forgive others
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
ladyF:
I'm quick to forgive, holden grudges puts a burden on you,. If the Heavenly father can forgive you of your very many sins, who are you not to forgive others

It is a nice attitude you have but people who are unforgiving know it too and yet are not able to let go of their anger easily.

2 Likes

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by therealdeal10: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
I hold grudge 4 a while buh later forgive

6 Likes

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by ATMC(f): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2015
It depends. I am forgiving, unforgiving, vindictive and above all HUMAN.

1 Like

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by ATMC(f): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
therealdeal10:
Same here. And when I forgive, I forget.

1 Like

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by yomi007k(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
therealdeal10:
Real person
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
therealdeal10:

What changes about your behavior and treatment of those you are angry with when you are still angry?

What is it that makes you eventually forgive?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
ATMC:
It depends. I am forgiving, unforgiving, vindictive and above all HUMAN.

What makes you forgive? What makes forgiveness impossible?
In what ways do you take revenge?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Godmother(f): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
therealdeal10:

I'm like this too. I hold onto a hurt for a while but after a little while I let go.
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
Godmother:

I'm like this too. I hold onto a hurt for a while but after a little while I let go.

What do you mean by "little while"?

It is interesting that you used the word hurt. It is said that anger is sadness or hurt in disguise.
Could it be that the unforgiving types hurt more / are more sensitive?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Godmother(f): 4:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mindfulness:

What do you mean by "little while"?

It is interesting that you used the word hurt. It is said that anger is sadness or hurt in disguise.
Could it be that the unforgiving types hurt more / are more sensitive?

A little while for me could be a day to a few days.
Also being sensitive doesn't really mean the person is unforgiving. I think it just depends on the individual"s make-up

1 Like

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by therealdeal10: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
I dnt totally 4get bcus d person dat offended may wrong u again

1 Like

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by SAMBARRY: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
I don't know how to hold grudges. You do or say something I find offensive, I drop it like it's hot and move on
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by therealdeal10: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
There's dis big hate dat's always in me wen am offended, i dnt usually knw wat am doing again. I'm always restless

Bcus i wnt 2 b happy, b free wit every1 dis lyf is too short n nobody knws 2moro. Me 2 i might av offended sm1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
therealdeal10:

Do you forgive?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by therealdeal10: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I don't know how to hold grudges. You do or say something I find offensive, I drop it like it's hot and move on

So you never hurt? You have no feelings?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by 5minsmadness: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
I hold grudges. Usually if someone does me bad and doesn't apologize I hold the grudge for as long as possible. By holding a grudge I mean I ignore the person completely. No calls no text. If the person approaches me I interact minimally. I don't go all out to exact revenge. I just wipe the person from my existence.

8 Likes

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
therealdeal10:
There's dis big hate dat's always in me wen am offended, i dnt usually knw wat am doing again. I'm always restless

Bcus i wnt 2 b happy, b free wit every1 dis lyf is too short n nobody knws 2moro. Me 2 i might av offended sm1

If there is hate like you say, how do you drop it?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
5minsmadness:
I hold grudges. Usually if someone does me bad and doesn't apologize I hold the grudge for as long as possible. By holding a grudge I mean I ignore the person completely. No calls no text. If the person approaches me I interact minimally. I don't go all out to exact revenge. I just wipe the person from my existence.

Does it not affect you to bear a grudge? I mean, at the end of the day, it is YOUR anger, it is inside of you.
If the person apologizes, are you able to forgive?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by SAMBARRY: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mindfulness:

So you never hurt? You have no feelings?
of course I feel hurt and I have feelings. I mean if someone does or says something I don't like I'll tell him straight up instead of holding grudges.

Nobody is worth having high bp for
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
of course I feel hurt and I have feelings. I mean if someone does or says something I don't like I'll tell him straight up instead of holding grudges.

Nobody is worth having high bp for

So your telling the person "straight up" is your coping mechanism when people wrong and hurt you.
Could it be then that the people who hold grudges, hold them because they are for some reason bottling up their feelings of hurt instead of communicating them effectively?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by therealdeal10: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
I tell d person in question wat he's done n move on meaning i'll b free wit myself
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
therealdeal10:
I tell d person in question wat he's done n move on meaning i'll b free wit myself

I suppose you assume that when people wrong you, they do so intentionally, am I right?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by SAMBARRY: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mindfulness:

So your telling the person "straight up" is your coping mechanism when people wrong and hurt you.
Could it be then that the people who hold grudges, hold them because they are for some reason bottling up their feelings of hurt instead of communicating them effectively?
gbam. Health practitioners have revealed that bottling someone who has hurt you is like drinking poison and expecting the person you are hating to die. Bottom line holding grudges hurt you more than the other so to free your soul tell him or her so his or her

1 Like

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by 5minsmadness: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mindfulness:

Does it not affect you to bear a grudge? I mean, at the end of the day, it is YOUR anger, it is inside of you.
If the person apologizes, are you able to forgive?
Apologising is like a trigger action. As soon as the person does so I forgive immediately and forget completely.

Yes it hurts to hold a grudge. It's not healthy. It's something I'm working on as a matter of fact.
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
SAMBARRY:
gbam. Health practitioners have revealed that bottling not forgiving someone who has hurt you is like drinking poison and expecting the person you are hating to die. Bottom line holding grudges hurt you more than the other so to free your soul tell him or her so his or her

@bold

My conviction but forgiveness does not always come easy. Sometimes it takes time. It is a process and it is a long one for some people.

1 Like

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
It takes a long time for me to forgive

1 Like

Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
5minsmadness:

Apologising is like a trigger action. As soon as the person does so I forgive immediately and forget completely.

Yes it hurts to hold a grudge. It's not healthy. It's something I'm working on as a matter of fact.

It is interesting that an apology can make you even forget the hurt. Many people are able to forgive but they never forget so you have an advantage here when you get an apology.

It is good you are working on yourself but don't put yourself under pressure. It would be counterproductive. Sometimes time is needed, other times you may just need to express your anger by communicating it.
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
It takes a long time for me to forgive

Why?
Re: Are You The Forgiving Type Or Do You Hold Grudges For A While? by 5minsmadness: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mindfulness:

This is very true.
It's possible that people who hold grudges are far more sensitive than those who don't. They feel the person that hurt them ought to know better. Funny enough such people can also be very kind. It is in others taking advantage of thier kindness that they feel really hurt.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Is The Best Time To Tell An Adopted Child The Truth About His Parentage? / I Married The Most Irresponsible Man Ever / What makes a man feel respected? For Mature Men Only!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.