Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare (957 Views)

El-Rufai At Later Rain Assembly Church. Pictured With Pastor Tunde Bakare / I Can’t Be Awolowo,i Can Only Share His Vision-bola Tinubu Replies Pastor Bakare / Tinubu Can Never Be As Great As Awolowo – Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by kinibigdeal(m): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
Controversial pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos, Tunde Bakare, has said a national leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, does not belong in the same class with the former Premier of Western Region, Obafemi Awolowo, and does not deserve to take the place of the late sage as the leader of the Yoruba race.
He admitted that both leaders made unique contributions in bringing the race together, but Mr. Awolowo belonged to a special breed created by God and was only in the class of world leaders like Mahatma Gandhi of India.
The Pentecostal pastor stated this in an interview published in the second edition of Abuja-based magazine, The Interview.
Mr. Tinubu, who was governor of Lagos State from 1999-2007, holds the title of Asiwaju, one of the numerous titles also held by the late premier of Western region, who passed away in 1987.
Asiwaju, a Yoruba word translated in English means “the frontline leader”.
Mr. Awolowo founded the Egbe Omo Oduduwa in the 40’s to promote the culture and unity of the Yoruba. In 1951, he founded the Action Group, a political party that ran for elections in the First Republic.
He later founded the Unity Party of Nigeria, which swept the governorship polls in all the states in the old Western State as well as the old Bendel State in the Second Republic.
Tinubu, a Senator in the botched Third Republic, apart from being Lagos governor for eight years, was the architect behind the merger of some opposition political parties into the APC, which went on to defeat the ruling party for the first time since the return to democratic rule during the last general elections.
The APC not only produced the President of the country, it controls both chambers of the National Assembly and 22 states, including five of the six states in the Southwest.
But Bakare, who was running mate to President Muhammadu Buhari in 2011 under the platform of defunct Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, said the APC leader was yet to cross the kind of rivers Mr. Awolowo crossed.
“What major river did he (Tinubu) cross?” Mr. Bakare fired back when asked by his interviewer if the former governor was not qualified to take the place of the sage, who is widely described as the last authentic leader of the Yoruba.
Reminded that Tinubu was the major engineer of the merger that helped to bring the Yoruba together, the fiery preacher said, “And you think it was only Bola Tinubu who made that possible. I see. Which one came first, the chicken or the egg?”
He stated further, “Well, the answer is in the Bible. You are a preacher yourself. God first created the bird of the air and not eggs. The birds laid the eggs. If you see the picture of patriots and Nigerian leaders here, they are all a collapse of his.
“The people who are attempting to wear his (Awolowo) glasses do not have his vision, they attempt to wear his cap but do not have his brain, they attempt to wear his shoes but do not walk his ways. Show me the empire that Awolowo built with public funds. To a Yoruba man, there is no concept greater than Omoluabi.
“If you get to my father’s grave in a hut he built in 1922, which is now a museum, there is an inscription ‘bibire koshefowora” which means you cannot buy a good pedigree or familial background.
“I am not trying to take the shine off Tinubu’s efforts; he had laboured but he is not in the same class with Awolowo. Regardless of how many rivers he crosses, he is still Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Awolowo is Awolowo.
“I have seen some paintings and pictures out there of Mahatma Gandhi, Awolowo and others and I just laugh and wonder why people can’t be themselves. When God needed a Mahatma Gandhi, he created one. So he did when he wanted an Awolowo. He created a T.D Jakes when he needed one.
“A young man once went to T.D. Jakes and said, ‘Pray for me that God will bless me and make me like you.’ T.D.Jakes asked him, “Are you sure.” “He said ‘Yes’ and T.D. Jakes said, “Let us pray. May you be homeless, go through hardship,’ and the young man jumped up and said ‘no, no, no, no, “and T.D. Jakes said, “That is what produces results”.
Mr. Bakare said books Mr. Awolowo authored were still relevant today.
“You need to see books he (Awolowo) wrote and how they are still relevant today”, he said, adding that “Years after he left the scene, he is still the numero uno Yoruba leader. Eagles don’t flock. You see one at a time”.

http://www.informationng.com/?p=318806

3 Likes

Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by MrZachs(m): 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
Wetin dey worry dis man sef!!
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Summary pls
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by greatness22(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
So, what's the morale of the story?
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
"Of all the yoruba leaders/legends, living or dead fayose still remains the greatest, Awolowo comes next." Quote me anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by mikolo80: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
and no matter how this clown tries he'll never be more than former vice presidential candidate
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by power4reps(m): 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
Are you unemployed, a Youth corps member (NYSC), House wife, or Student? Do you desire an income raise even as a paid employee? I want to share one of my success secrets with you. Do you have the following items? 1. A BANK ACCOUNT (Current or Savings) 2. 2 FRIENDS YOU WANT TO HELP 3. N6,600 ($40)? If you have the above listed items and you want to take a risk like i did to succeed, PING me and i will show you how to turn N6,600 to Millions in simple basic steps. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NETWORKING BUT A SIMPLE ONE. NO SELLING, JUST SERVICES. NO REJECTION, NO FAILURE! NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED. This is an opportunity that empowers you so you can empower others and be happy for the rest of your life. (Thank me later). whatsapp 08036146835 for more info
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by kazmanbanjoko(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
kinibigdeal:

Controversial pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly, Lagos, Tunde Bakare, has said a national leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, does not belong in the same class with the former Premier of Western Region, Obafemi Awolowo, and does not deserve to take the place of the late sage as the leader of the Yoruba race.
He admitted that both leaders made unique contributions in bringing the race together, but Mr. Awolowo belonged to a special breed created by God and was only in the class of world leaders like Mahatma Gandhi of India.
The Pentecostal pastor stated this in an interview published in the second edition of Abuja-based magazine, The Interview.
Mr. Tinubu, who was governor of Lagos State from 1999-2007, holds the title of Asiwaju, one of the numerous titles also held by the late premier of Western region, who passed away in 1987.
Asiwaju, a Yoruba word translated in English means “the frontline leader”.
Mr. Awolowo founded the Egbe Omo Oduduwa in the 40’s to promote the culture and unity of the Yoruba. In 1951, he founded the Action Group, a political party that ran for elections in the First Republic.
He later founded the Unity Party of Nigeria, which swept the governorship polls in all the states in the old Western State as well as the old Bendel State in the Second Republic.
Tinubu, a Senator in the botched Third Republic, apart from being Lagos governor for eight years, was the architect behind the merger of some opposition political parties into the APC, which went on to defeat the ruling party for the first time since the return to democratic rule during the last general elections.
The APC not only produced the President of the country, it controls both chambers of the National Assembly and 22 states, including five of the six states in the Southwest.
But Bakare, who was running mate to President Muhammadu Buhari in 2011 under the platform of defunct Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, said the APC leader was yet to cross the kind of rivers Mr. Awolowo crossed.
“What major river did he (Tinubu) cross?” Mr. Bakare fired back when asked by his interviewer if the former governor was not qualified to take the place of the sage, who is widely described as the last authentic leader of the Yoruba.
Reminded that Tinubu was the major engineer of the merger that helped to bring the Yoruba together, the fiery preacher said, “And you think it was only Bola Tinubu who made that possible. I see. Which one came first, the chicken or the egg?”
He stated further, “Well, the answer is in the Bible. You are a preacher yourself. God first created the bird of the air and not eggs. The birds laid the eggs. If you see the picture of patriots and Nigerian leaders here, they are all a collapse of his.
“The people who are attempting to wear his (Awolowo) glasses do not have his vision, they attempt to wear his cap but do not have his brain, they attempt to wear his shoes but do not walk his ways. Show me the empire that Awolowo built with public funds. To a Yoruba man, there is no concept greater than Omoluabi.
“If you get to my father’s grave in a hut he built in 1922, which is now a museum, there is an inscription ‘bibire koshefowora” which means you cannot buy a good pedigree or familial background.
“I am not trying to take the shine off Tinubu’s efforts; he had laboured but he is not in the same class with Awolowo. Regardless of how many rivers he crosses, he is still Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Awolowo is Awolowo.
“I have seen some paintings and pictures out there of Mahatma Gandhi, Awolowo and others and I just laugh and wonder why people can’t be themselves. When God needed a Mahatma Gandhi, he created one. So he did when he wanted an Awolowo. He created a T.D Jakes when he needed one.
“A young man once went to T.D. Jakes and said, ‘Pray for me that God will bless me and make me like you.’ T.D.Jakes asked him, “Are you sure.” “He said ‘Yes’ and T.D. Jakes said, “Let us pray. May you be homeless, go through hardship,’ and the young man jumped up and said ‘no, no, no, no, “and T.D. Jakes said, “That is what produces results”.
Mr. Bakare said books Mr. Awolowo authored were still relevant today.
“You need to see books he (Awolowo) wrote and how they are still relevant today”, he said, adding that “Years after he left the scene, he is still the numero uno Yoruba leader. Eagles don’t flock. You see one at a time”.

http://www.informationng.com/?p=318806
The epitaph of Awolowo: he was a great man.
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by kinibigdeal(m): 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
mikolo80:
and no matter how this clown tries he'll never be more than former vice presidential candidate

Says who? His the closest friend of Buhari in southwest. And I can assure you that is name is among the list of ministers. Don't forget, is never an APC man but CPC
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by KwoiZabo(m): 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
One thing about bakare and many APC leaders in the SW is that they lack integrity and only morons listen to them. A so called pastor trying to make himself important by all means. Today he will tell us he rejected jeep, tomorrow he will say Orubebe was chasing him with $50000 from GEJ (how did he know the amount? did he count it before rejecting it) etc. Bakare is obviously pained because it is not his VP slot that made it to Aso Rock, so he always say I trust Buhari but I don't trust ppl around him ( me I no trust any of them ).
I know as a political analyst that as the days go by these guys will struggle to justify their support for Buhari and Nigerians will know how selfish and senseless they are.
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by mikolo80: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
kinibigdeal:

Says who? His the closest friend of Buhari in southwest. And I can assure you that is name is among the list of ministers. Don't forget, is never an APC man but CPC
VP and minister which one is higher. me sef na buhari man. all I'm saying is tinubu never once claimed to be awo but at least he is trying. what is baKare doing, Just complaining about everything. I hope he is made a minister, make we see whether him Sabi Abi na only mouth him get
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by nwannaeto: 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
for bakare mind awolowo is great.he is because of of his betrayals,killing of innocent children

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by raumdeuter: 1:01am On Sep 14, 2015
[size=18pt]PUBLIC NOTICE.........TO ALL WAILERS.....[/size]

This man is not OBAFEMI AWOLOWO......His name is BOLA TINUBU.

He is not a lawyer.........He is an Accountant......

His wife is not Dideolu.........His wife is OLUREMI.

His mother is not Efunyela.......His mother is Abibatu.

Mama HID has already appointed Mimiko as the new Awolowo, therefore, Tinubu is not Awolowo......Mimiko is Awolowo according to Awo's wife!

This man is not OBAFEMI AWOLOWO......His name is BOLA TINUBU! Jagaban Borgu. Ashiwaju of Yorubaland
Re: No Matter How Hard Tinubu Tries, He Can Never Be Awolowo – Tunde Bakare by kinibigdeal(m): 11:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
raumdeuter:
[size=18pt]PUBLIC NOTICE.........TO ALL WAILERS.....[/size]

This man is not OBAFEMI AWOLOWO......His name is BOLA TINUBU.

He is not a lawyer.........He is an Accountant......

His wife is not Dideolu.........His wife is OLUREMI.

His mother is not Efunyela.......His mother is Abibatu.

Mama HID has already appointed Mimiko as the new Awolowo, therefore, Tinubu is not Awolowo......Mimiko is Awolowo according to Awo's wife!

This man is not OBAFEMI AWOLOWO......His name is BOLA TINUBU! Jagaban Borgu. Ashiwaju of Yorubaland

You mean asiwaju of APC

(1) (Reply)

Buhari 'boycotted' At The UN Eh? What About Japans PM? / Buhari Has Betrayed Nigerian Youths With His Analog Ministers – Labour Party / NATO-US Holds Naval Exercises In The Black Sea-''russia's Sphere Of Influence''.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.