Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

$2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) - Web Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) (6865 Views)

$0.50/m Hosting | $2.99/m Reseller | $5.99/y Ssl | $5.99/m Vps -dollar1hosts.com / How To Buy Domain Names And Host Your Site With Nigeria Mastercard Revealed / Running Advert On Yahoo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by OluAbuja(m): 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2005
This is for those of you interested in buying domain names.

Yahoo has been offering .com .net domain names at $2.99 for the past 2 weeks and i bought some for my clients.

This means you can get yours immediately but you must have a credit card or debit card. If you have a debit card, make sure you use the billing address on the card issued to you by your provider.

Try it out at http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/ before it is stopped by yahoo.

Cheers

Olu In Abuja
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Seun(m): 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2005
This is a nice idea; My current domain name registrar (domainsite) charges a minimum of $6.95 and they have good support. So can you tell us about you
- The Yahoo Domains user Support?
- The [b]cost of renewing domain names [/b]bought at this $2.99 price?

In other words, "what's the catch?"
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Seun(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2005
Godaddy is also sending me e-mails about their $1.99 domain name registration offer!

FINAL NOTICE for $1.99 domains

Dear Oluwaseun Osewa,

All GREAT things must come to an end... and our best domain sale ever is no exception. FINAL NOTICE: Register, transfer or renew a domain name for just $1.99* with each and every new, non-domain purchase -- no quantity limit!

Get our lowest price ever on .COM, .NET, .ORG, .US, .BIZ, .INFO and .NAME domain names. This special offer ends October 31, 2005, so ACT NOW!

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp?isc=gdg102636

Plus, every Go Daddy(R) domain comes with FREE extras, including:

+ NEW! Complete Email Account ($9.95 value): Protect yourself from viruses, spam and fraud with reliable, secure email.
    + Starter, Parked or "For Sale" Web Pages
    + Domain Forwarding and Masking
    + Total DNS Control
    + Domain Locking
    + And MUCH MORE!

Grab one name, grab 100 -- there's no limit to the number. But there is a limit to the time! This is your FINAL NOTICE: Sale ends October 31, 2005!

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp?isc=gdg102636

Thanks as always for being a Go Daddy customer.

Sincerely,
Bob Parsons
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Fox(m): 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2005
seun how far

I just bought a few domain names from godaddy today and the catch to the sale you posted above is that u have to buy hosting, email or any other product from them and then get the $1.99 price.

The best I've seen today is $6.95 http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registrar/search.asp?isc=goox4004au
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Deeman(m): 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2005
Yahoo is offering this bonanza for like 5years, olu is right, i bought 2, last week, infact i have 5 domains on yahoo. if you have the amount you can buy:
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Deeman(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2005
many registrars are offering this low priced domains, if you are comfortable with .info domains
you can use them.these are the ones that cost less. .com and .net are a bit higher.
but always ensure that you read their terms of use carefully. awoof dey run belle.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by rufaai(m): 11:48pm On Oct 28, 2005
Yep... Yahoo did an offer before too...

I saw it, but the thing was that i've got no credit card nor debit card... they sold out domains at $1.99.

And Seun, You want to know much about Yahoo Support and renewal of a domain name?

I tell you, Yahoo is the best... I had use them before with the domain name ahmad-rufai.com and uptill today, they reserve the domain name for me though it has expired long ago.
Yahoo keeps your domain name secure even if it has expire... No one can register it except you, even after years of expiry. Believe me... check the whois database for ahmad-rufai.com and see... I own it year ago, and now it has expired but still active with yahoo...
I dont really know how to explain this... Its worth what you pay for...

For renewal of domain name register either at $1.99 or $2.99, you'll be charge at the current prize at the time you are renewing it...

Yahoo is the best...
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by joshjosh(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2005
Good on you dear brother. Why haven't u renewed it? It is very valuable. it is good to see young men trying to make something big with their lives.

I bought some from yahoo too at $1.99 and it is very good i am just keeping the tho.

Does any one know how to get a .ng names at all? i spoke to a guy in the us about this last year i have lost his email address. any help?

God bless you sir.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by kazey(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2005
lolz seems you guys are new into buying domains at special pricings. hahahaha.

I have 2 questions for you.

1. Do they allow you to transfer the domain after 1 year?
2. How much does it cost to renew the domain?

mind you that is after 1 year, not current rates please.

If you don't know, contact their support and get back to us. Thank you. Nothing comes cheap in this world. this is marketing man.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Deeman(m): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2005
for the next five years yahoo domain renewals remains the same
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by kazey(m): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2005
and the renewals are at 2.99 USD ? grin
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2005
well www.traedays.com was bought off yahoo and so far so good wink
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Deeman(m): 2:34pm On Nov 14, 2005
yea renewals are @ 2.99
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by nuckecy(m): 7:15pm On Feb 12, 2006
Hey, webmasters be reminded that the Yahoo! Small Business offer for Domains was extended I bought 3 domains for as low as $2.99. Rush now guys and get yours.

Quick link: http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

Hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by joftech(m): 9:32pm On Feb 12, 2006
Pls how did you make the payment for the domains.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Seun(m): 9:40pm On Feb 12, 2006
Once I bought the first domain at $2.99, they didn't allow me to buy any new domains for $2.99. Subsequent domains were priced at $9.99 (or what am I missing?)
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by joftech(m): 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2006
It could be a smart marketing move.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Seun(m): 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2006
I wonder how the people on this thread were able to register multiple domains with it.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by joftech(m): 10:59pm On Feb 12, 2006
Propably using different CCs.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Seun(m): 7:07am On Feb 13, 2006
How would a Nigerian manage to get more than one CC?
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Farriel(m): 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2006
Good question. How a Nigerian can manage to get more than one CC, when others like me can't even obtain ONE. I have a question though, who can I give Nigeria Naira in order to purchase these domains with his CC?
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Thread7: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2006
Stay clear of Yahoo! domains! I'm not just saying this because I had a bad experience even though I did. I've found many other people that cannot get support. In my case there was something wrong with their DNS server and 50% of the time a surfer would just get the standard "Under Construction Page". 50% of the time they would get my web site. After countless calls and emails I finally gave up and paid a third party to host my DNS.
I have read about many people who simply cannot transfer their domain name. Yahoo! isn't even the true registrar. It is some company in Australia and they have worked it out with Yahoo! so that all transfers get lost in communication between the two companies. In frustration, some people have just let their domains expire and hope like heck that some squatter doesn't snap it up before they can reregister it. All in all, a Yahoo domain at 2.99 is a lot more expensive than a GoDaddy domain at 6.95.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Zahymaka(m): 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2006
Hmm. I use 1 & 1 LLC -- they have one of the best plans for less. All come with a free domain name. The problems is that Windows Hosting is expensive.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by OluAbuja(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2006
Be warned Nigerians.

Webmasters in Nigeria should stay away permanently from 1and1 dot com.

I personally lost hundreds of dollars when they terminated my account
last year though i was able to transfer some of my domain names.

My friends at domainstandard.net were really unlucky. They have not been able to get
their domain names transfered. I recently asked domainstandard.net to authenticate
the transfer of a domain name they registered with 1and1 dot com for one of my clients
but up till now 1and1 has refused to do it.

If you don't want to have high blood pressure, you must stay away from 1and1 dot com

Mo ti so temi o (You have been warned).
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Seun(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2006
Thanks for the warning.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by rishimodi: 10:35am On Aug 08, 2006
I also know a site where they are sellin the .org for $1.99. It is www.ktechost.net. I bought a domain from their the access is instant and service is great.
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Christino(m): 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2006
But why the heck do some ISPs blacklist us for reasons beyond our comprehension e.g. godaddy.com. Is that not cruel?
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by whitedove(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2006
Hi,i am a newbie,can i buy wt 9gerian debit card?
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by Greatguru: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2008
Who has heard of Siteground?
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by kehers(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2008
This really sound yummy. Domians below $3 when I pay around 3ice @ 007names?
I bet there must really be a catch hidden somewhere along the line,
007names for example gives me full control of my domiain names - talk of transferring domains, renewing, changing name servers, etc.
Is it the same wit ds gees?
Re: $2.99 Domain Names at Yahoo (I bought some) by hubreality(m): 6:32am On Jul 03, 2012
Seun: Once I bought the first domain at $2.99, they didn't allow me to buy any new domains for $2.99. Subsequent domains were priced at $9.99 (or what am I missing?)

Truly, subsequent domains and renewals are priced at $9.99

(1) (Reply)

Refer A Client To Us And Earn 20% INSTANTLY / We Build Any Kind Of Multilevel Marketing Website At Affordable Price At Yemlat / Professional Responsive Website/blog For 18K Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.