Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot (78266 Views)

Amaechi Undergoes Security Screening At Lagos Airport (Photos) / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly / Ministerial List: DSS Screening Gets Tough As Ameachi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Anti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by ThisisBuhari: 8:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
As the Department of State Service, DSS, continues the screening of some ministerial nominees, indications emerged at the weekend that three immediate past governors, Babatunde Fashola, Rotimi Ameachi and Kayode Fayemi, have allegedly failed to pass the President’s anti-corruption test.

The trio worked hard for the former Head of State to emerge the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential flag bearer as well as for him to get elected President and were seen as top contenders for positions in Buhari’s cabinet.

A highly placed security source at the weekend told Nigerian Pilot Sunday that the DSS did not clear three ministerial nominees, who are former governors, based on allegations of corruption brought against them before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and the Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offenses Commission, ICPC.

According to the source, the security agency allegedly refused to clear the three former governors based on a series of petitions written against them over allegations bordering on money laundering, fraud and embezzlement.

The source further added that when the three affected former governors appeared before the DSS screening committee, they were confronted with the petitions and other relevant documents attached to the petitions.

The source further added that they have received instructions from the President that any of the nominees with any damaging and fraud related issues should not be cleared by the security agency.

The President had on Monday in Aburi, Ghana reassured Nigerians and the international community that he would name his cabinet before the end of the month.

A statement by the Special Adviser to the President, Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, said Buhari gave the assurance to his audience at a joint press conference with President John Dramani Mahama of Ghana.

“After I was sworn in, I said I would have my cabinet in September. I expect that Nigerians should ask me questions after the 30th of September if I do not do so,” Buhari said while responding to a question on the appointment of ministers.

http://nigerianpilot.com/ministerial-list-ameachi-fayemi-fashola-fail-security-screening/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
"never trust a fulani man, he will use and dump you. We told them, but they refused to listen." Quote me anywhere.

I only pity amaechi, he lost both the war and the battle.

381 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by MrZachs(m): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hmm hw true dz cud B

5 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by tinkinjow: 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hmmmm okay, has tinubu pass it?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by itsmine: 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
if that's d price for our rebirth, so be it. we all clamoured for change and it must come with some cost.

246 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by fergus0n: 8:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
I laugh in chinese. Would love to see hw mama peace will be laughinq at baba judas as soon as she hears abt dis..

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by Bevista: 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
If their source is really credible, can they tell us about others on the list, probably the ones that passed the screening. It's so easy to speculate on these obvious names just the way they did with Ogbonaya Onu (SGF).

Quite frankly, the new administration rode unto power mainly on the mantra of anti-corruption. Under no circumstance should this be compromised irrespective of whose ox is gored.

It is almost a case of "HEAD you loose, TAIL you loose" with the likes of Amaechi & Co. Appoint them ministers, and wailers will wail that you are appointing corrupt people. If you don't appoint them, they will also wail "use and dump". Buhari should simply tow the path of honour and do what is best for Nigeria and not patronize anybody.

-----
Amaechi fought gallantly for the "Change" project, and one way or the other he shall be rewarded handsomely for his gallantry. In the meantime, he continues to enjoy "Carte Blanche" access to Aso Rock.

331 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by asha80(m): 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
Bevista:
If their source is really credible, can they tell us about others on the list, probably the ones that passed the test.
I read somewhere that the president gave strict orders not to give out names of people that would make the list...guess those that will not make it are fair game

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by hinwazaka: 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
#BALDERDASH
This Govenors were never going to get squat in this Northeocratic government. "According to a source" is the beginning and end of the story

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"never trust a fulani man, he will use and dump you. We told them, but they refused to listen." Quote me anywhere.
can i quote u in d mmmmm
Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
That's an APC madness

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by oluwafemi113(m): 8:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
We're progressive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by lwise(m): 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
Buhari in action

[size=20pt] Lwise !!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by kestolove95(m): 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
Wat wia u expecting?..people like amechi won't even gt f9 in d screening..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by sammyj: 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by ddippset(m): 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

even If buhari drops them, is he dropping them because he has used and dumped them or is he dropping them because those who hate them and are still angry at jonathan's loss have sponsored several campaigns against them? Guy try get sense small now, you don old o! About amaechi :he's still an APC chieftain; he can walk in and our of aso rock at will; he had a battle with Jonathan and he kicked Jonathan out of office; he's masterminding the removal if wike at the tribunal and so far wike is as good as gone; he's served for 8 years as speaker of rivers state house of assembly and another 8 years as the governor of one of the richest States in Nigeria ;he's stikningly rich. So how has amaechi lost a battle and a war? Common shut your mouth there.

166 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by eph12(m): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
There's no way one would have served in government and still be clean. Not possible.

9 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by eph12(m): 9:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
ddippset:
even If buhari drops them, is he dropping them because he has used and dumping them or is he dropping them because those who hate them and are still angry sponsored several campaigns against them? Guy try get sense small now, you don old o! About amaechi :he's still an APC chieftain; he can walk in and our of aso rock at will; he had a battle with Jonathan and he kicked Jonathan out of office; he's masterminding the removal if wike at the tribunal and so far wike is as good as gone; he's served for 8 years as speaker of rivers state house of assembly and another 8 years as the governor of one of the richest States in Nigeria ;he's stikningly rich. So how has amaechi lost a battle and a war? Common shut your mouth there.
Amechi didn't kick Jonathan out Nigerians did.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by mars123(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Nigeria needs to grow my brother, if those men cannot pass corruption test, then good riddance to bad rubbish. when Buhari starts releasing billions of dollars for projects nah their pocket e go enter last last.

27 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by PRYCE(m): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
That's an APC madness
You can say that again!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by ddippset(m): 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
eph12:

Amechi didn't kick Jonathan out Nigerians did.
amaechi worked for Jonathan to be kicked out and he succeeded. As buhari's campaign director general and financier amaechi and tinubu are seen as the 2 biggest masterminds of jonathan's booting back to otuoke. That's why in the wailers' diaries, those 2 are the most hated men.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by kennyman2000(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hmmm..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by omeke12(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
whatever... undecidedwhatever...

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by neweraomo: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Means bomb last tomao again
Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by LMAyedun(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Okay!! It's a No news at all..
Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by IfectiveDesign: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Kindly visit mirandastores on Konga online shopping mall Thanks guys shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy grin smiley smiley wink wink
Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by freshness2020: 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Lol
Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by AmakaDNBStories(f): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Check my signature, you'd be glad...
Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by kossyablaze(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
WHATEVER!!!
Now playing Rae Sremmurd-This could be us
[Verse 1 - Slim Jimmy:]
I've done it before, I've seen it before
Tears splashin' the floor when I opened the door
for her
She acted like a LovePeddler and I’ma let her
Learn from Project Pat uh pimpin’ got her
masters
Girl, improvise, look me in my eyes and lie to me
Lie to me, act like I'll believe anything
Sex on the beach and in the backseat
This could be us
[Hook: Swae Lee]
So back to what I was saying (Money make the
world go round)
This could be us but you’re playing, (Money make
your girl go down)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by Dottore: 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Unbelievable
Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Amaechi and Fasola will probably end up as ambassadors...

Iraq and Iran respectively.... grin cool

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: Amaechi, Fayemi, Fashola Fail Security Screening-NigerianPilot by driand(m): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
No friendship for jungle grin but I still think it's right for our dear president to reward there hustle, they played huge impact in helping him get there especially fashola and Amaechi, like a saying goes 'sometimes use evil to fight evil'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Sacks 46 Staff Of Gotel Communications On May Day / Dino Melaye Shares Pictures Of His Bullet Proof G Wagon Riddled With Gun Shots / INEC Statement On The Osun Governorship Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.