Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. (5995 Views)

Italy-Based Nigerian Man Jails His Parents For Sending Him Pics Of Fake House / Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast / Parents This Is What Your Children Say About You Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by lovinam: 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2015
I dint go to boarding too and I'm still not happy about it. Rotfl. My kids will experience boarding o! Just get a good school and we are good to go!!
freecocoa:
I didn't go to boarding school and my independence probably started earlier than it should've.grin

Boarding school is not the only place independence is taught/learnt, now is it?

Why will I follow them to uni? Hian! I won't ofcourse.
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by JoeCutie(m): 9:47am On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Woooh oga this your essay eh. I had to settle down to read it. grin

Most kids don't know about all that psychology, yeah. But I did. And my sibs did too, and I think the atmosphere that we were raised in (where we had to kinda emotionally fend for ourselves) enhanced this 'maturity'. It seems cruel tho, I suppose. But I like the level of awareness I had as a kid and I wish my kids could have it. At the same time, I guess since I'm female I'm supposed to want to be as loving as possible....

Mmmm home training. You can have that without all the mushy stuff. IDK. Maybe I'll change when I eventually get married grin I don't believe in allowing them to make their own mistakes, nah, I believe in allowing them to have such forward thinking brains that they don't make mistakes. At least not many. I don't like kids who ask too many questions and I also don't like kids who do things wrong.... It's ridiculous I know grin

042 grin
Whew! Is it too late to continue with this? I guess it is.

042? No wonder! cheesy
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by maputohq: 10:09am On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

I don't like kids who ask too many questions and I also don't like kids who do things wrong.... It's ridiculous I know grin

It Isn't. I Also Don't Like Kids Who Ask Too Many Question. They Are Not Suppose To Know 'bout Some Things. I Know Of People (Parents) Who Tells Their Kids Everything They Want To Know And It Sucks.
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
maputohq:

It Isn't. I Also Don't Like Kids Who Ask Too Many Question. They Are Not Suppose To Know 'bout Some Things. I Know Of People (Parents) Who Tells Their Kids Everything They Want To Know And It Sucks.
Exactly sir that's right grin At least IMO
They aren't supposed to know somethings and they should also have the good sense not to ask. It's not only parents that will withhold information
I like kids with functional brains grin I was one

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
JoeCutie:
Whew! Is it too late to continue with this? I guess it is.

042? No wonder! cheesy
042 gini grin
Why do you say that

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by olajorn(m): 12:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

042 gini grin
Why do you say that
vampire grin
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
olajorn:
vampire grin
Lol shhhh I fell asleep grin
Get out of this thread grin

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by olajorn(m): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Lol shhhh I fell asleep grin
Get out of this thread grin
i know that for sure...i slept 2hrs after grin
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
olajorn:
i know that for sure...i slept 2hrs after grin
I trust u. Owl.

Si eba puo o gerrara here I'm having a serious discussion grin

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by olajorn(m): 12:24pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

I trust u. Owl.

Si eba puo o gerrara here I'm having a serious discussion grin
tell me tha meaning of si eba puo
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
olajorn:
tell me tha meaning of si eba puo
E mean 'get da hell outta here'
grin

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by olajorn(m): 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

E mean 'get da hell outta here'
grin
i go do my own sha....no school tongue

Somebody is jealous, tongue tongue
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by maputohq: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Exactly sir that's right grin At least IMO
They aren't supposed to know somethings and they should also have the good sense not to ask. It's not only parents that will withhold information
I like kids with functional brains grin I was one
On Having Good Sense Not To Ask, That Can Only Be Achieved Through The Parents Attitude Towards Such Foolish Questions. Some Would Want To Argue That Curiousity Would Expose The Child To Danger, But Somethings Are Better Left Unanswered.
Just Imagine A Mother Tell Her Curious 5 Years Old Child That A Virgin Is One Who Knows No Man. Wouldn't The Child Also Wonder What It Means To Know A Man? So What Will Be The Reply?
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by JoeCutie(m): 1:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

042 gini grin
Why do you say that
There's something I saw but I'm not spilling it here. grin
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
JoeCutie:
There's something I saw but I'm not spilling it here. grin
Eh? Something you saw like how grin

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by JoeCutie(m): 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Eh? Something you saw like how grin
I 'saw' something metaphysically. Something that made me know you'd be of 042, even without being told. grin
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
JoeCutie:
I 'saw' something metaphysically. Something that made me know you'd be of 042, even without being told. grin
I laughed out loud grin
And I was waiting for you to tell me something serious o

Okay now. I'm waiting to hear ur own state of origin.

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by JoeCutie(m): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

I laughed out loud grin
And I was waiting for you to tell me something serious o

Okay now. I'm waiting to hear ur own state of origin.
Something serious? Like I've been admitted at the same hospital from where Godswill Akpabio was discharged? No, ma'am. cheesy

Actually, 042 makes sense. The Capital itself is dope. I really love it. smiley

Mine is Anambra, the light of the nation. tongue wink
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
JoeCutie:
Something serious? Like I've been admitted at the same hospital from where Godswill Akpabio was discharged? No, ma'am. cheesy

Actually, 042 makes sense. The Capital itself is dope. I really love it. smiley

Mine is Anambra, the light of the nation. tongue wink
Anambra our sister state
We're practically relations grin

I haven't been to the East that much tho. You know how it is. Everyone's in either Lag, PH or Abuja grin

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
maputohq:

On Having Good Sense Not To Ask, That Can Only Be Achieved Through The Parents Attitude Towards Such Foolish Questions. Some Would Want To Argue That Curiousity Would Expose The Child To Danger, But Somethings Are Better Left Unanswered.
Just Imagine A Mother Tell Her Curious 5 Years Old Child That A Virgin Is One Who Knows No Man. Wouldn't The Child Also Wonder What It Means To Know A Man? So What Will Be The Reply?
Yeah you're very correct. I just don't like overly curious children. If you're 'grown' enough to want to know things then you won't need to come and ask your parents about them, you'll see it in day to day life. And I agree it's the parents that will set the tone for what's discussed in a family.
But I think the main thing is not even that a mother should tell their child what a virgin is, that child shouldn't even open up their mouth to ask that kind of question grin

1 Like

Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
My siblings and I were boarders and I swore to put all my children through boarding school. Alas, times have changed. I'd rather not take that risk with the progressivism going on in today's world. My children stand a better chance living with me than with children from who-knows-where?
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by maputohq: 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Yeah you're very correct. I just don't like overly curious children. If you're 'grown' enough to want to know things then you won't need to come and ask your parents about them, you'll see it in day to day life. And I agree it's the parents that will set the tone for what's discussed in a family.
But I think the main thing is not even that a mother should tell their child what a virgin is, that child shouldn't even open up their mouth to ask that kind of question grin
My Point Exactly.
Re: Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools More Dangerous Than You Can Imagine. by JoeCutie(m): 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2015
MrsPhyno:

Anambra our sister state
We're practically relations grin

I haven't been to the East that much tho. You know how it is. Everyone's in either Lag, PH or Abuja grin
...or Ijebu. Yeah. cheesy

We are practically relations. Yeah, and you know how it works too. grin

East is a beautiful, cool and peaceful place to be. Try it more often. wink

Are you 'Nwunye Phyno' on Twitter?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tuface Idibia's Touching Tribute To His Late Father / SOLD!!! Hot Hot! Baby Cot For Sale.. / Unromantic Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.