Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff (79576 Views)

Berger Paints Sacks All Staff / AIT Benin Shut Down, Sacks All Workers / Virgin Atlantic Airline Sacks All Nigerian Cabin Crew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Comsol: 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2015

Scores of angry workers of La Casera Company Plc staged a protest, on Monday, in Lagos after about 700 workers received their sack letters, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported.

The workers said they are protesting because the company’s management responded to their efforts at unionism by firing all of them.
The company, however, described the protest as an invasion of its premises by ‘hoodlums.’

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/412x214xWorkers.jpg.pagespeed.ic.iEhZhj9AQw.webp[/img]
Aggrieved workers

NAN reported that the crisis began after the workers arrived at the company premises in Amuwo Odofin Industrial Estate, Mile 2, Lagos, and found the gate locked against them and a notice of disengagement pasted at the entrance.

The notice, dated September 14 and addressed to all members of staff, stated that “as a result of the unwarranted breaking-in and invasion of our business premises on September 11, we cannot guarantee the well-being of our employees from hired hoodlums and their collaborators.

“As a result of this unprovoked act of vandalism, we are unable to continue operations under this circumstance. Unfortunately, we regret to inform all our staff of their immediate disengagement.”

The workers, under the aegis of the National Union of Food, Beverage and Tobacco Employees (NUFBTE), condemned the act, noting that some of them had worked for between five and 15 years.

Mr Mike Olarenwaju, Head of Education Department in NUFBTE, who spoke for the workers, said that for 12 years, the company denied workers the right to be unionised.

Olarenwaju said that when an in-house union was about to be inaugurated, the management of the company sacked the chairman, which made the NUFBTE officials to visit the company on Friday, September 11 to address the workers.

“We were surprised today that the company locked the gate and sacked the workers. Meanwhile, the case between the workers and the company over unionisation is currently at the National Industrial Court,” he said.

Olanrewaju urged the government to intervene in issues of unfair labour practices being perpetrated by foreign companies.
He said that until the workers were re-absorbed, the union would continue to picket the company.

Mr Idowu Adelakun, the state Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), told NAN that the act of calling labour officials hoodlums was wrong and vowed that labour would not allow the company to function until the matter was resolved.

Lacasera is a beverage company owned by Indians which started operations in Nigeria in 2000.

When contacted, the Human Resources Manager of the company, identified as Chief Otemewo, told NAN on phone that he was not aware of the crisis and promised to call back when he obtained details of the sack. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/protests-as-lacasera-sacks-700-workers-over-unionism/#sthash.NrCuuhn2.dpuf
Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Untainted007: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm. Noted
Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
shocked
Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
Buharis body odour..

146 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Chanchit: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
Well, I stopped buying it since they said its now been used to wash car engine and also rusted iron. I wish them good luck if they decide not to return to business.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Gboliwe: 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by psucc(m): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
Anyway, they will come back to count losses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by whirlwind7(m): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
Chanchit:
Well, I stopped buying it since they said its now been used to wash car engine and also rusted iron. I wish them good luck if they decide not to return to business.
cheesy
Did you know that farmers in India now use coca cola as pesticides?
Shows you the sort of poison humans have been consuming.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2015
Great decision sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Chanchit: 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2015
whirlwind7:

cheesy

Na wa o, and I dey inside market now dey find where I go buy cold teem, if they can use coca cola as pesticide, then teem sef could be used to preserve dead bodies.

303 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Ojestas(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
and when e cold wella, the thing dey satisfy thirst die.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by kokoA(m): 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
As far as Heineken factory never shutdown e no concern me yet. undecided

180 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Obinovictor(m): 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by pazienza(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
whirlwind7:

cheesy

I thought you were lying, but a little search on the net, and this is what I found out.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/nov/02/india.johnvidal

However the mechanism of action of coca cola as a pesticide differ from those of normal pesticides.
They said that the sweetness of coke when spread on farmlands attracts ants, which in turn feed on the larvae of the pests.

And also, the Indian branch of coca cola appear to be using pesticides polluted underground waters of India in the production of their Coca cola products. I guess those two factors combined to give the pesticide effect.

44 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by vladimiros: 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
We need a better labour system in Nigeria

from employer to employee, this people were sacked because all they did was protest wrongly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Lovexme(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2015
So, I won't get to take my favorite traffic drink along side Rite anymore?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by pazienza(m): 12:42pm On Sep 14, 2015
vladimiros:
We need a better labour system in Nigeria

from employer to employee, this people were sacked because all they did was protest wrongly.

They will re employ them. They just wanted to show them who the bosses are.

Those sacked workers will now run back to their employers pledging to be good slave workers from hence forth. No one want to be unemployed in this harsh economic climate of Nigeria.

15 Likes

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by MisterLongman(m): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
pazienza:

I thought you were lying, but a little search on the net, and this is what I found out.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/nov/02/india.johnvidal

However the mechanism of action of coca cola as a pesticide differ from those of normal pesticides.
They said that the sweetness of coke when spread on farmlands attracts ants, which in turn feeds on the larvae of the pests.

And also, the Indian branch of coca cola appear to be using pesticides polluted underground waters of India in the production of their Coca cola products. I guess those two factors combined to give the pesticide effect.

So what are you saying exactly......

If indian coca cola get pesticides symptons, then its a pesticide... Capisce

1 Like

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by kliq(m): 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
For real

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Arrihinius(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
kliq:
For real
guy u are funny

1 Like

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by chimerase2: 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
Wetin koncern me undecided
Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by drberry(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
La casera abeg reopen naa... That's what keeps me going on long trips. Else I won't be traveling again by road.

1 Like

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by anigbajumo(m): 1:02pm On Sep 14, 2015
freez2ryme:

People can be so lame

because u heard not dat u saw,

Why don't u experiment it then

Lacaseera is N100 and dre re plenty of rusted iron everywhere

U must be a Masturbator ( Yoruba) superstition is everytyn 4 u people

I heard oduduwa felled from d sky

Mtcheeew.

Shut up!

Av used it many times to loose hard bolt nd nut....

"U must be a Masturbator ( Yoruba) superstition is everytyn 4 u people"

Must u b tribalistic all da time,y cnt use yer brain once?

Smh

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
Following this news.
Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by damiloladuke: 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2015
I suspect coca coal and Fanta are behind this

NAIRALANDERS & BLOGGERS!!! CHECK MY SIGNATURE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Chanchit: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
freez2ryme:

People can be so lame

Mtcheeew.

You should be tied to a coconut tree before been shot three times on your fore head for being an a$$ hole. Eleribu omoale jatijati!

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
Beht why now,we need La casera to balance the Gala na.its crucial.That's like killing taiye and leaving kehinde alone embarassed embarassed

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by cr7lomo: 3:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
freez2ryme:

People can be so lame

Mtcheeew.

Its a fact , I have seen a vulcanizer use la casera to screw open hard bolt of a forgotten parked truck .... Na that day I fear that drink , I provided grease but he said grease wunt be as effective as la casera ..... I stopped buying that drink for my nephews

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by seacoast(m): 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
OK. Changing the price tag on the product in the shop.. No time

4 Likes

Re: Lacasera Shuts Down Operations; Sacks All Staff by meccuno: 3:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
cr7lomo:

Its a fact , I have seen a vulcanizer use la casera to screw open hard bolt of a forgotten parked truck .... Na that day I fear that drink , I provided grease but he said grease wunt be as effective as la casera ..... I stopped buying that drink for my nephews
effective Chaii!! And that's what has been entering ones body??

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Access Bank Frontline Internship 2017 / 5 Female Employees Of NIS Who Participated In Falz 'Don't Rush' Redeployed / Chemical & Process Engineers Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.