Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable (16619 Views)

Buhari Fires Abeshi, Appoints Babandede As Acting Immigration Boss / Immigration Boss Carpets Ex-minister, Moro. / Buhari Suspends Parradang, Nigeria Immigration Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 14, 2015
Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has commenced interrogation of David Parradang, former comptroller-general of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), over allegations of corruption.

Parradang, who was suspended in August by President Muhammadu Buhari, arrived the Abuja headquarters of the anti-graft agency at 10am on Monday and was immediately ushered into the interrogation room by a crack team of already assembled to grill him.

A source at the agency told TheCable that Parradang was being investigated for his role in the 2014 immigration recruitment exercise, during which applicants were made to pay N1,000 application fee each.

Investigations carried out by the EFCC revealed that the botched recruitment exercise fetched the service a whopping sum of N600 million, but at the end of the exercise, the NIS, under Parradang’s leadership, only declared N45 million.

At least 16 job seekers died in the unfortunate exercise. Abba Moro, former minister of the interior, and Drexel Nigeria Limited, the consultancy firm that organised the botched recruitment exercise, are also being investigated over the alleged scam, and for allegedly diverting the excess funds for private use.

Although Buhari did not state the reason for Parradang’s suspension, it was believed to be connected with investigations into how wanted terrorist Ahmad al-Assir secured Nigerian visa in Lebanon to visit Nigeria.

Al-Assir was apprehended on August 17 at the Rafik Hariri International Airport in Beirut, Lebanon, after a failed attempt to by-pass the authorities with a fake passport and obvious change of looks. Buhari immediately ordered an investigation into the matter.

Parradang’s immigration service was also the subject of some intense public scrutiny in 2014, after the shoddily-0rganised recruitment exercise, but he has always denied involvement in the planning, saying the interior ministry under Moro handled it.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-efcc-quizzes-ex-immigration-boss

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
Great

" Investigations carried out by the EFCC revealed that the botched recruitment exercise fetched the service a whopping sum of N600 million, but at the end of the exercise, the NIS, under Parradang’s leadership, only declared N45 million".

Question one: Which of the following are the numbers of applicants for the 2014 Immigration recruitment in Nigeria?

a. N1,000 * 600,000 = N600,000,000
b. N1,000 * 45,000 = N 45,000,000

Click like for (a) and share (b)

Your time starts now.....

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by Imortal001: 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
Good!
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by DONSMITH123(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
isokay
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by HiliaryAutos(m): 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
Hmmmm shocked
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by idari: 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
K
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by naijainfogalery: 2:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
lol
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by Richie0974: 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
I knew this was going to happen....

Politics section its been a long time... Two days... grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by popcykaylah(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
na starting efcc get ..them no get finishing..mtsheew

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by calabaman(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
I want my 1k back

plus accumulated interest

#shikena

15 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
And so Parradang became a paradigm of the anti-graft war. Hehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by hensben(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2015
Okay
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by tolexy007(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
grin
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by BCISLTD: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
angry rubbish reporting

Check my signature Call or whatsapp

https://www.nairaland.com/2155163/swimming-pools-start-finish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by alaoeri: 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2015
Wailers will say its witch hunting.

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by Adatob(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
Onto d next one
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by lordm(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2015
Verbal reasoning abi?
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by athaboi(f): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2015
Buhari is trying very hard to fight back! Hope he will not be fought one day!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by saifuhot: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2015
Editor1:

hehehe silent criminal paradang Efcc abeg jail that guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by kestolove95(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2015
My own b sai...make abba slowpoke entr jail

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by free2ryhme: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2015
grin
Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by refreshrate: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Keneking:
Great

" Investigations carried out by the EFCC revealed that the botched recruitment exercise fetched the service a whopping sum of N600 million, but at the end of the exercise, the NIS, under Parradang’s leadership, only declared N45 million".

Question one: Which of the following are the numbers of applicants for the 2014 Immigration recruitment in Nigeria?

a. N1,000 * 600,000 = N600,000,000
b. N1,000 * 45,000 = N 45,000,000

Click like for (a) and share (b)

Your time starts now.....

I want to use lifeline

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by Gordonz07(m): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Editor1:

Abba Moro should also be quizzed. I love this Government.

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by omojeesu(m): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2015
Will the exercise yield positive results? Or its all for 'show'?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by RisMas(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
Now, This is what i call responsive Government. Haba!!! 16 unemployed graduates that spent an average of 4 years in school in order to be useful to the society were wasted as a result of the previous Government attitude.

My neighbor lost his left leg as a result of this recruitment sham. I cant wait to show him this news. His happiest moment in life will be when Paradang and Abba Morron given Tafa balogun's treatment. But before then, we are still waiting angry angry

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by idari: 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
I support dis one,d difference between we d WaILERS and Apc e-warriors is dat we d wailers are agitatin for a better Nigeria and we condem wat is condemable and praise wat is praise worthy unlike our gullible Apc e-warriors! Am a Proud wailer

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by nerodenero: 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
How could a government charge job seekers money for an exercise of such? To say Nigerians paid, some died and yet Jonathan didn't deem it fit to sack Abba Moro and Parradang showed the last administration was insensitive to the plight of Nigerians.

I hope it won't be as usual where EFCC invites, charge to Court and the court would discharge the case for lack of facts or negligence. Baba's body language should prevent this from happening grin grin grin.

We need these thieves in jail.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
Sai Baba is workin! cool

To d poster above me, abeg help me slap dat guy wey comment above u!
Tenk u! smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by Ephemmm: 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
Immigration scam; one of the reasons I voted GEJ out. However, GEJ said the money collected from the applicants will be returned, the question is - was the money returned to the job seekers?

When a cabinet is full of people who are not organized, visionary, and proactive: this is the resultant effect.

RIP to the 'gone young graduates' that lost their lives in this ill-planned exercise.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Quizzes Ex-Immigration Boss, Parradang - The Cable by donholy28(m): 2:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
he go answer jamb questions

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Don't Link Me With Labour Party" - Toby Okechukwu Rejects Party's Ticket / Diri, Uzodinma, Dino Favourites To Win November 11 Election – Falcon Alliance / Nigeria’s revenue-to-GDP ratio lowest in the World – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.