Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This (1106 Views)

Lose Weight Or You Risk Losing Your Job. Customs Boss Charge Officers / FG Assures Customs Officers Of Salary Increment- Adeoson / Nigeria Customs Fires 61 & Retires 16 Officers Over Certificate Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by kunzaar83(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
Nigeria Customs Service, is the 2nd revenue generating service in Nigeria and also a para-miltary Agency is the worst revenue generating agency and paramilitary agency in terms of salaries, allowances and also promotion packages, you may not believe me but all the uniform workers of the federal govt customs pays the worst salary, Customs is not even suppose to be categorised with other paramilitary agencies in salaries and allowances but with FIRS, so that officers won't be corrupt... Most officers won't collect bribe if govt were. Paying them well as a revenue earner.... Example if you are offered job with customs as level 8 officer ASCII you will be placed on annual pay of Consol 1,090,890. To include taxes pensions housing and all deductions @ the end of the day you will be left with 81,000 monthly... With 3000 added to it as step For example officers that join the service since 2011 are still earning less than 100k.. And they are not yet promoted to date wearing 1 star while their colleagues in that are are recruited in police, immigration, military civil defence are are now wearing 2 stars and are earning fat salaries. How do you expext them not to be corrupt with all this frustration.

Lalasti.. Front page pls your suggestions and criticism are wellcome

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by jimohibrahim(m): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2015
See mentality ...
So you would choose to be corrupt just because of your field of work is different from others

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by ifeoluwasegun(m): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
Are you a customs officer?

Or just feeling their pathetic situation?
Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by kunzaar83(m): 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2015
jimohibrahim:
See mentality ...
So you would choose to be corrupt just because of your field of work is different from others
I m not a customs officer, I m a clearing agent.... I feel their frustration, and I think its their frustration that makes them to be exploiting us (clearing agents)
Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by kunzaar83(m): 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:
Are you a customs officer?

Or just feeling their pathetic situation?
I m not an officer but I'm directly effected being a clearing agent
Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by jimohibrahim(m): 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2015
kunzaar83:
I m not a customs officer, I m a clearing agent.... I feel their frustration, and I think its their frustration that makes them to be exploiting us (clearing agents)
So now to you their corruption is okay...
Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by kunzaar83(m): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2015
nN
jimohibrahim:

So now to you their corruption is okay...
I m on only calling on their new Controller General to look in to it, this org have almost 100billion naira as their budget and the number of customs officers in the whole of Nigeria is not up to 20,000 officers, but their big men steal the majority leaving the officers with poor salaries
Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by ifeoluwasegun(m): 8:18pm On Sep 14, 2015
kunzaar83:
I m not an officer but I'm directly effected being a clearing agent

Alright, it's like you need to pray for your Jerusalem, bro.
Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by kunzaar83(m): 8:24pm On Sep 14, 2015
ifeoluwasegun:

Alright, it's like you need to pray for your Jerusalem, bro.
what is the jerusalem? I don't understand Ūя̲̅ language, I Need clarification pls
Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by ifeoluwasegun(m): 8:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
kunzaar83:
what is the jerusalem? I don't understand Ūя̲̅ language, I Need clarification pls

I hope someone would help me out. But if you're Christian, I guess you'll get that easily.
Re: Before You Judge Customs Officers On Curruption See This by psucc(m): 8:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
Lame argument. OP I go report you to Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

.. / . / He Was Mad When His Rich Boss Ignored Him, But Was Shocked To Learn This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.