Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Project P.U.M.A! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Project P.U.M.A! (1923 Views)

Kraft M.a.n Engineering Tool Kit(germany) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Project P.U.M.A! by spikedcylinder: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2009
GM And Segway Announce Project P.U.M.A!
In one of the most incredible transportation announcements to date, General Motors and Segway have just released pictures of a new battery powered two-wheeled vehicle! The vehicle, known as Project P.U.M.A, is designed to allow for easy movement through congested urban streets. A belayed April Fool’s joke? or a preview of General Motor’s future?

Project P.U.M.A (which stands for Personal Urban Mobility and Accessibility), is effectively an enclosed scooter capable of achieving speeds of around 35 miles per hour, for a maximum distance of roughly 35 miles per charge.  The design is being unveiled as we type.

P.U.M.A uses technology developed for the Segway personal vehicle, originally designed by Dean Kamen. This allows the vehicle to operate using two wheels only, though the vehicles has been fitted with training wheels which are quite helpful when stopping.  GM hopes to convince a number of cities of colleges to set up P.U.M.A travel lanes. The vehicles are intended to drive automatically — almost by themselves — allowing human passengers to relax and sit back while their P.U.M.A navigates traffic. They are equipped with a wireless system to allow for easy navigation, and avoid traffic congestion.

While we must admit to being excited by this stunning new technology, particularly by a car manufacturer such as GM, one has to wonder, why not just ride a bike? If this new design is successful, you can expect to see it on sale by around 2012.

http://www.inhabitat.com/2009/04/07/gm-and-segway-announce-project-puma/#more-23447

Re: Project P.U.M.A! by jaybee3(m): 1:04pm On Apr 09, 2009
'em segways are real massive fun.
enjoyed my ride and def thinking of getting me one of 'em (the off-roader)
Re: Project P.U.M.A! by spikedcylinder: 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2009
jay bee:

'em segways are real massive fun.
enjoyed my ride and def thinking of getting me one of 'em (the off-roader)

While we must admit to being excited by this stunning new technology, particularly by a car manufacturer such as GM, one has to wonder, why not just ride a bike? If this new design is successful, you can expect to see it on sale by around 2012.

Re: Project P.U.M.A! by jaybee3(m): 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2009
@ Spike'
The real segways not the concept shown in ur post. dig?
Re: Project P.U.M.A! by spikedcylinder: 3:15pm On Apr 09, 2009
Ok, thanks. Just wanted to clarify. wink
Re: Project P.U.M.A! by kokoye(m): 3:47pm On Apr 09, 2009
looks like keke Marwa to me.

Have these people been "stealing" our ideas?  grin
Re: Project P.U.M.A! by tpia: 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2009
Re: Project P.U.M.A! by Baro(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2009
I prefer Okada, beside it looks so much like wheel-chair lipsrsealed
Re: Project P.U.M.A! by bawomolo(m): 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2009
who are they fooling with the pics, no chick would date you with that kin motto tongue
Re: Project P.U.M.A! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2009
Rain? Harsh wind?
Re: Project P.U.M.A! by blackspade(m): 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2009
UGLY!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help On Hw 2 Use Glo,airtel N Etisalat On Huawei E1750 / Designing A Paper Shredder. / Electrical Engineer Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.