Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

To Buy Or To Build Your Dream Home From Scratch - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / To Buy Or To Build Your Dream Home From Scratch (446 Views)

Your Dream Home Awaits You At Brenthills Estate. Maitama Ext., @ #34M Per Plot / Amity Estate Developed, Buy And Build Immediately Governor's Consent #dream Home / Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Buy Or To Build Your Dream Home From Scratch by malkomx(m): 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2015
You have done well in your career and personal life. It's a good time to own your dream home.
you are now faced with two options:
buy a house off the market (they are always available)
or build from scratch.
In making a decision many factors will come to mind, from location to style but either way they will always come with their pros and cons.

As an engineer I am chiefly interested in building from scratch. This is the only way you can get your dream home built to your personal specification in terms of
i) suitability
ii) contemporary design
added to this, a newly-built home usually costs less to maintain.... safe from amendments and renovation works.

Now if you are decided on building from scratch, please join me as we explore the construction of buildings
The first step is land acquisition and it's consequent documentations
next you engage an architect to design your dream home with you specifying exactly what you want (this is important since it is the main reason why you are building instead of going across the street and buying off the real estate market)
next you get your drawings registered with the appropriate LG and state authorities for necessary approvals and permits
now to the most important..... you engage an experienced and reliable contractor to handle your project. Preferably one you have seen his previous works or referred to you by a reliable contact.
Accept bids from more than one contractors and make your choice.
Remember not to compromise quality for price!
Be smart with your choice.

I shall be discussing in a little detail what to look out for when choosing a contractor for your project then we can delve into the construction process proper, so you can act as a supervisor while your project is on-going. Please keep a date.
Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TO Let(a Yr):- Mini Flat (s) @ Ilupeju Estate, P/grove,lagos.(#400k P.a). / 3 Bedroom Flat At Festac / 5 Bedroom Detached House For Urgent Sale At Ajah For N25m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.