Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Finding Solace In Death! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Finding Solace In Death! (456 Views)

Finding Mrs Right / Finding Me (a true life story) / Finding Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Finding Solace In Death! by sleemoon(m): 11:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
It is with a heavy heart that I announce your death. It is a dreadful tragedy, but I will not cry.
I remember when we first met in 2013, I remember the precise evening, it was in September.
It rained, and I willed the ATM, after it said its 'Please wait while your transfer is processing', to release my card before the drizzle bloomed into maturity. It didn't.
Water sneaked through my hair from my scalp and rolled down in all directions when I ran into a phone store. That was where I met you. At the store. Ours was not love at first sight. It was more of 'Well, I can live with that.' Your dark skin shone with a flame that gave me warmth.
All through 2014, I showed you off. That was when I first felt the pricking claws of jealousy. I became overprotective, but yours was solar radiation in an open field. Your radiance was beyond sheathing. I took comfort in knowing that every route you took ended with me. We were an homogeneous mixture.
I returned home yesterday to the tale of a clumsy bird making two wires - sworn foes - hanging from our electric pole collide. There was a spark, commotion, and things plugged into sockets blowing up. I did not check on you at first. You'd survived worse.
Before I crept into my bed, I gave you a nudge. You were cold. I thought you were playing dead. I thought you were... *grabs tissue and dab eyes*
I will leave you with a poem by amu nnadi:
'Somewhere they will find a grave for you
you have chosen your path
and your path is not with me
you are not with me
you have chosen a path with the wind'
I implore everyone to give me the privacy to grief my loyal-till-death Windows Phone Charger.
*plays Asa's Bibanke on repeat*

#Copied

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Who Love Poetry Post Your Poems Here / Lost In London / Twenty Episode 10 (A Story Of Suspense, Murder And Revenge)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.