Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m (702 Views)

Fake Kidnapper Arrested Trying To Dupe SUN Deputy Managing Director (picture) / Sun Newspaper’s Deputy-Md’s Wife Kidnapped / Meet Nigerian Yahoo Boy Who Makes N100M Every 6 Months (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by lolaxavier(m): 4:48am On Sep 15, 2015
The police in Lagos say those that abducted the wife of Mr. Steve Nwosu, the Deputy Managing Director of The SUN Newspapers, Toyin, from their apartment are robbers.

The state Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, added that the police had launched a manhunt for the gang, which he also said terrorised the Ago Palace, Okota area on Monday.

Owoseni said the police would ensure the release of the director’s wife, as well as apprehend the robbery gang.

PUNCH Metro gathered that at about 2am, the robbers stormed Baale Street, Ago Palace Way, in the Okota area, breaking into houses and dispossessing residents of their valuables.

It was learnt that the robbers also entered the deputy director’s apartment and robbed the family before abducting Steve’s 40-year-old wife, a mother of four.

Our correspondent gathered that the robbers thereafter escaped on a speedboat through a canal in the area.

Speaking with PUNCH Metro, Steve, who noted that the robbers scaled the fence into his compound, enjoined the police to ensure the release of his wife.

He said, “It was a robbery incident. They also got to other houses. The robbers came into my neighbour’s house through a ladder abandoned by a house painter. Then, they scaled the fence into my house.

“Let the police help to get my wife released.”

Our correspondent gathered that a suspected member of the kidnapping gang had got across to the family, demanding N100m.

A resident in the area, who gave his name simply as Felix, said, “The robbers stormed three houses in the area, shot for several minutes and dispossessed the residents of valuables.

“The robbers then entered the director’s apartment. They stole valuables from the house. But when they were not satisfied, they took away the woman right in the presence of the family members.

“The robbers later escaped at about 3am through the canal at the Amuwo Odofin area.”

The Commissioner of Police said the police were intensifying efforts not only to rescue Toyin, but also to apprehend the suspected robbers.

He said, “The area is still an active crime scene. The police have been there and realised that the robbers gained entrance through an abandoned ladder.

“Apart from my friend’s (Steve) apartment, two to three other apartments were robbed. It was not a stand-alone incident. The robbers then escaped through a boat. There is an element of error by neighbours painting their houses, one of who left the ladder used by the painter hanging there.

“The police had visited the crime scene, and I assure you that we will deploy all human and material resources to liberate the victim. We will also get the hoodlums.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/abductors-of-the-suns-deputy-mds-wife-are-robbers-%e2%80%a2gang-demands-n100m/

Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by MrZachs(m): 4:50am On Sep 15, 2015
N d wife 5n ooo..buh o boy c ransom...choi!
Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by hola106(m): 5:02am On Sep 15, 2015
Serious issue
Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by menix(m): 5:04am On Sep 15, 2015
Where would Steve get 100 million from.

I hope the woman did not threaten the robbers with the Husband's title cous why 'her' since it was a robbery operation or other home had ATM machines...

Madam Toyin u will get released soon..

1 Like

Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by donholy28(m): 5:16am On Sep 15, 2015
Let him transfer me just 50million and i will follow dem with prayers
Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by therealdeal10: 6:08am On Sep 15, 2015
C d pretty lady dat dey kidnapped, i pray 4 her safe release

As 4 d police dey shuld start enforcing their men heavily across various parts of d country day n night cuz dis is their tym as per mber month where sm people go dey find moni 2ru illegal means
Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by molydonhenry(m): 6:15am On Sep 15, 2015
menix:
Where would Steve get 100 million from.

I hope the woman did not threaten the robbers with the Husband's title cous why 'her' since it was a robbery operation or other home had ATM machines...

Madam Toyin u will get released soon..
They wil negotiate na. D price will surely to maybe 10m or less. Afterall oil price dei fall
Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by menix(m): 6:20am On Sep 15, 2015
molydonhenry:
They wil negotiate na. D price will surely to maybe 10m or less. Afterall oil price dei fall

I am beginning to suspect u, ow do u know all this negotiating principle, "oil price fall=ransome fall"
Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by molydonhenry(m): 6:24am On Sep 15, 2015
menix:

I am beginning to suspect u, ow do u know all this negotiating principle, "oil price fall=ransome fall"
Its comon sense ni, d street z rough, at all at all na winch...
Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by lolaxavier(m): 7:12am On Sep 15, 2015
Chisos? 100 kini?
Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by lolaxavier(m): 8:57am On Sep 15, 2015
donholy28:
Let him transfer me just 50million and i will follow dem with prayers

Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2015
You called this people robbers?
I think they are professional abductors
Re: ‘Abductors Of The Sun’s Deputy MD’s Wife Are Robbers’ •Gang Demands N100m by laudate: 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
She has been released.

Kidnappers Release Mrs Nwosu, Sun Deputy MD's Wife by Chiemelie Ezeobi

Exactly four days after Mrs. Oluwatoyin Nwosu, the wife of the Deputy Managing Director of Sun Newspaper, Mr. Steve Nwosu, was kidnapped from her Okota home, she was this morning released by her captors.

The victim was kidnapped in the wee hours of Monday by a nine-man armed gang at their residence in Lagos.

The heavily armed gang had first stormed the area in a gestapo style, robbed them of some valuables before abducting their victim to an unknown place.

Details are still sketchy on how she was released, and if the gang finally got their demands of N100 million as ransom. http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/kidnappers-release-mrs-nwosu-sun-deputy-mds-wife/220482/

(1) (Reply)

Murder At Midnight! / Marins Vs SCAMMER / Lagos: 20 Years Old Lady Accused Of Leading Pipeline Vandals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.