Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria (36424 Views)

US Resumes Training Of Nigerian Troops For Anti-terror War / US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria / FG Reduces Oil Imports As Production Begins In Warri, Kaduna Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by shizzy7(f): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2015
BAD MOVE
I hope its a lie,,, we should not export oookkk
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by shizzy7(f): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2015
BAD MOVE

I don't want to believe this news..
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by 400billionman: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2015
luthorcorp:
ahhh,you better pray they buy in fact any country DAT has nothing to sell to the us is doomed for life,they are the highest consumers of anything on this earth...

Highest consumers of anything ?

So China was doomed for life when they ignored America and made it. ?
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by salam1(m): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2015
ReskpetNobleman:
Oil from de 5% percenters cheesy BIAFRA is so so strong beyond dere imagination. even if dey take all our lives to the white ppl to refine for dem is well bt @ de fullness of time De zoo must fall cheesy
wen kachukwu was appointed to head NNPC u claim he's not an Igbo how does d oil now belongs to d bafrans, u people should use use brain to think not ass
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2015
This development is fishy though. Cos just few days ago I read on CNN website that the USA Congress is planning to lift the ban on exportation of USA's oil by oil producers in that country. We all know US produced oil but never exported a drop because it wasn't enough for them on the contrary they imported more. So where's the logic in importing again if they are planning on exporting crude now that they have more than enough.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 15, 2015
WombRaiders:
[size=18pt]All wars are bankers wars![/size]

Jonathan was one of many victims of an ongoing currency war between America and BRIC nations.

America's only strength today is the worthless dollar. Dump the dollar and watch America collapse.

This is why they took out Qaddafi, Chavez and are fighting Assad .

When Jonathan wisely opted to diversify our reserves in other currencies and precious commodities and was moving more and more closer with China, the US hit back with Boko Haram and suspended buying our crude as well as getting their evil ally Saudi Arabia to flood the market with too much oil.

The US stance was and still remains that if we choose to diversify our reserves from the dollar, they will stop buying our crude. That is the simple truth and it had nothing to do with Fracking or any useless amnesty report or phantom missing girls.

Buhari and the APC were specifically propped and supported by the US to steer Nigeria back to neocolonialism controlled from Wall Street!

Just wait and see Buhari take out a $50bn IMF/World Bank to ensure that for the next 40yrs we and our grandkids remain slaves to western banks. All the noise about "no money" is specifically geared towards making the average Nigerian accept a bank loan from the IMF! If you borrow in dollars you are expected to pay back in dollars and for you to do this you must save in dollars! This is just the tip, as devaluation, redundancy in the civil work force and sale of govt assests and natural resources will follow. Blackstone is already in town shopping for which part of our country they want to buy cheaply!

This is the real motive behind all that change nonsense!

didn't expect anything better from you naysayer.
american dollar is worthless abi? sorry but are you living in an alternate universe or something.
Jonathan was the victim of his own cluelessness and corruption. nobody respects a head of state who is so timid he can't even look his fellow colleague from US, Obama in the eye when talking to him. we all saw the video. America may have ulterior motives for buying our crude at this point, but I'd rather it was Buhari handling this than the former ogogoro master.

if Buhari is a western puppet as you have said why haven't we been pressurised to legalize homosexuality?

Nigeria won't play the kind of politics our people in the east play. permanent friends permanent foes even till death.

that is not a virtue in politics. it is stupidity.

if Nigerians will gain by renewing crude oil trade with the US, then so be it.

you don't expect Nigeria to suddenly stop oil exportation just like that because we need to diversify, do you?
diversification is a long term project that will gulp billions, the same billions we will get from crude oil. the difference now is that we have a man at the helms of affairs who can be trusted with the money from the sales of crude oil, unlike the former kleptomaniacs.

3 Likes

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by emmykk(m): 10:14am On Sep 15, 2015
fergus0n:
Dahts gudnews en ahope dis trend doesn't start an E-war btwn da pdp en apc forum here
happy over another man wealth hehehehe
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 15, 2015
shizzy7:
BAD MOVE
we need their money dear.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Greatfes17: 10:18am On Sep 15, 2015
hope its for good. I.e. No strings attached
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by joebeckz(m): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2015
jimi4us:
False information. Besides with how much a barrel. When Iran is planning of coming on board. Make we continue to deceive our self with the SS and SE oil. Make una no go sell tomatoes and cocoa powder to take make money.
SE o oil, its ours in d SS.
stop claiming what u dont have.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by AlPeter: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2015
Gombs:
Yaaaay...

Finally, some good news. I hope no strings attached? Not the one that tomorrow now, we'd be surprised to see same sex marriage approved, and lai Mohammed will come tell us that Lord Bubu never said he'd uphold the law as signed by GEJ.

Anagha asi nwata ya sa ahu, o saba afo ya - Abraham Lincoln.

First to comment, nothing special here sha. I was wondering why Lord Bubu will not just forget this oyel sales (since Iran is coming on board soon) and support other source of income.

For example, Innoson (some folks West of the Niger should wait let me finish na)... Support the man, make it a global brand like other countries do, and in turn make your monies from their sales proceed.

Soon, Innoson may start designing aircrafts... Who knows? But then, he's Igbo right? What was I thinking sef?... Ok can we try exportation of cows? Groundnuts, fufu, anything... Biko grin

[size=18pt].. Proudly 5%[/size]

you would be surprised that the yorubas will be the ones at the fore front of making Innoson a natonal brand the only thing the company neeeds is good packaging and quality products NO YORUBA person hates the Igbos, Or why do ypu think Yorubas patronize them?
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by AlPeter: 10:24am On Sep 15, 2015
jimi4us:
False information. Besides with how much a barrel. When Iran is planning of coming on board. Make we continue to deceive our self with the SS and SE oil. Make una no go sell tomatoes and cocoa powder to take make money.
d cocoa powder and tomatoes go just appear from air abi? think things through before typing them to avoid embarassing yourself.... kapish
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by jomoh: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

Jonathan was one of many victims of an ongoing currency war between America and BRIC nations.

America's only strength today is the worthless dollar. Dump the dollar and watch America collapse.

This is why they took out Qaddafi, Chavez and are fighting Assad.

This makes sense

When Jonathan wisely opted to diversify our reserves in other currencies and precious commodities and was moving more and more closer with China, the US hit back with Boko Haram and suspended buying our crude as well as getting their evil ally Saudi Arabia to flood the market with too much oil.

The US stance was and still remains that if we choose to diversify our reserves from the dollar, they will stop buying our crude. That is the simple truth and it had nothing to do with Fracking or any useless amnesty report or phantom missing girls.

Wisely? Did you just say wisely?
For 6years during which sanctions were imposed on Iran, the price of crude oil stood at a yearly average of $100 per barrel. Instead of GEJ to save and use the money to diversify, he and his cronies were using the Goat and Yam theory to steal the country's wealth while shouting stealing is not corruption.

All of a sudden he now wants to change the country's reserve currency without a back up plan. He wants to use the money of your major dealer to strengthen another currency when you on have a single commodity to trade.

So you expect the US to sit down and watch while he uses their money to strengthen another currency.

And you call that wise? Isn't that stupidity of the highest magnitude.

Buhari and the APC were specifically propped and supported by the US to steer Nigeria back to neocolonialism controlled from Wall Street!

Who's fault? If GEJ had done a good job will Buhari have ever surfaced let alone the formation of APC?

Just wait and see Buhari take out a $50bn IMF/World Bank to ensure that for the next 40yrs we and our grandkids remain slaves to western banks. All the noise about "no money" is specifically geared towards making the average Nigerian accept a bank loan from the IMF! If you borrow in dollars you are expected to pay back in dollars and for you to do this you must save in dollars! This is just the tip, as devaluation, redundancy in the civil work force and sale of govt assests and natural resources will follow. Blackstone is already in town shopping for which part of our country they want to buy cheaply!

Now this is where I think you started going senile.

Being a GEJ supporter you have no moral justification to accuse PMB of borrowing.

Despite the oil wind fall of almost six years, your hero still left Nigeria a debt (both foreign and domestic) of over $60bn(about 12trillion Naira).

http://www.dmo.gov.ng/oci/pubd/docs/Total%20Public%20Debt%20Stock%20as%20at%2030th%20June_%202015.pdf

Even if Nigeria is to be paying at 5bn Naira monthly it will still take us over 2400months(200years) to clear the debt.

Back to your submission. It is a know fact that PMB has never being a fan of all these foreign monetary bodies. Right from his military days in 1983-1985.

Despite all the pressure on his government to devalue the currency and take loan, he never did. Same scenario is playing out again. Since he came in, the currency has not being devalued for once yet the currency picked a little while the reserve has also increased.

2 Likes

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by chukkiephil(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2015
If you are happy about this then u don't know USA foreign policy at all!!! angry do u think the US will do a business that they won't get the highest and ridiculous bargain?? Only God knows the deal that was struck! Hope we are not in bondage again I just hope it is the government's propaganda machine at work grin
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by shizzy7(f): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2015
Ioannes:

we need their money dear.
They might not even pay us
**We export to them,they refine for us,, they take what they need and send the rest back to us..-- Export for Refine...

And we can't continue talking about diversifying from Oil ....if we're still eyeing exporting it when our refineries are not working
All we should target is refining Sufficient oil for Nigerians before exporting...

1 Like

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by pacespot(m): 10:30am On Sep 15, 2015
Flets:
Nigerians should not get carried away

Due to the fall of crude prices, shale oil production has become unprofitable. As such, US has resumed increased import of foreign crude oil but at a pre-agreed cheaper rate than global prices.

The US resumed crude import came at a price. The first is sales at rates cheaper than global prices and the second is the installation of Ex Mobil Director Kachikwu as NNPC GMD to protect American interest.

A careful look at the write-up indicates that the onshore crude being purchased is Mobil's Qua Iboe crude (american interest) and the other unsaid story is that its currently being sold at $29.60 below global prices of $45+.

Enough of the noise, Nigeria aint gaining.

I must say I concur with some part of your assertion but not all yet, coz truly I read the news 3 days ago that America's shale oil production is set for a sharp fall. I just hope the rest isn't true, because that will be a sheer stupidity on our part selling the oil at a far too lower price than the international rate
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by megamank(m): 10:30am On Sep 15, 2015
jimi4us:

Which south east oil are you talking about? If they want to count people that has oil so you will count south east also? Okay sorry I forgot they have palm oil, groundnut oil and engine oil
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by persius555(m): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2015
PabloAfricanus:

Spot on!
Any informed observer should have known something fishy was afoot when Buhari and his APC crew staged publicized visits
to 10 Downing street before the last elections.
Government after government, Africans get shafted in the rear by willing accomplices of Western imperialism.
Cant blame the West though, they put in a lot of effort in safe guarding their interests...compared to our
chop today and wait for tomorrow leaders.
A question that has always been on my mind is...what do these men do with power?
Like really what? Stack up their loots and marry more wives? Or build more mansions in America and Europe?
Sometimes I wish to believe Africans are not intellectually cursed or something...cos the glaring lack of
thinking and intelligent minds is too obvious.

My prayer is that a repeat of the IBB austerity/devaluation dose should not be visited on Nigeria.
What these old men and political jobbers gain from shooting their country in the foot is well beyond me.
They've seen it all...enjoyed it all at the very highest levels...so what's the game?
Over 50 years of rule by autocratic and despotic military rule...and they could not provide the one thing a country
as large as Nigeria needs to take off...power.
Who held their hands? Who or what prevented IBB from using military fiat to make sure the power plants worked.
Or that clownish CIA plant OBJ...$16 dolllars to generate darkness!!![b]
The very amazing thing is Nigerians have not risen up in revolt.
Sit back for a minute and think of it.
A sitting government supposedly spent $16 BILLION dollars to generate power...
Not only was power NOT generated, but the very department responsible for that huge funds was sold off less than 5 years later
to private investors!!!
What happened to the $16 billion dollars
Or the huge amounts wasted on federal roads across the country...with attendant loss in lives on the bad roads being constructed.
I wont even bother to comment on the Jonathan comedy and the circus crew of entertainers he surrounded himself with.
Something as basic as generating and distributing electricity has proved to be a herculean task.
Haba! I spit on African leaders and their minions. angry
Nigerians indeed deserve what they get...cos they have collectively condoned nonsense from irresponsible leaders.

Finally, a right thinking person comes along. Wombraider makes GEJ look like a saint even to the bewilderment of GEJ himself. There is nothing more that i hate than 'ethinicism coated in sensationalism''. Ethnic bigotry is resposible for africas underdevelopment.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by ayokellany: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

Are u insinuating it's wrong for America to protect its interest ?

Is Nigeria the only country that diversified it's reserve in the history of mankind ?

What happen to diplomatic relations n brilliant way to outsmart the USA instead of confrontation.

No country will be glad to lose its comparative advantage. Nigeria should be stable strong enough before trying to walk it's talk n stop expecting the world would dash us opportunities on plater of gold.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2015
ibkgab001:
Good news
but una tok say una no need America...hypocrites!
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2015
Ioannes:

didn't expect anything better from you naysayer.
american dollar is worthless abi? sorry but are you living in an alternate universe or something.
Jonathan was the victim of his own cluelessness and corruption. nobody respects a head of state who is so timid he can't even look his fellow colleague from US, Obama in the eye when talking to him. we all saw the video. America may have ulterior motives for buying our crude at this point, but I'd rather it was Buhari handling this than the former ogogoro master.

if Buhari is a western puppet as you have said why haven't we been pressurised to legalize homosexuality?

Nigeria won't play the kind of politics our people in the east play. permanent friends permanent foes even till death.

that is not a virtue in politics. it is stupidity.

if Nigerians will gain by renewing crude oil trade with the US, then so be it.

you don't expect Nigeria to suddenly stop oil exportation just like that because we need to diversify, do you?
diversification is a long term project that will gulp billions, the same billions we will get from crude oil. the difference now is that we have a man at the helms of affairs who can be trusted with the money from the sales of crude oil, unlike the former kleptomaniacs.
Loannes, lets not get overly emotional here...we are talking about the collective sociopolitical and economic growth of our dear country and the prospect of living up to her potentials as an economic powerhouse away from the firm grip of neocolonialism and not the persona of GEJ...that given...if you didn't know already that the US and its foreign policy is a threat to this nation,I dare say the proverbial ostrich with its head buried in the sand has nothing on you! is US truly an ally of Nigeria? its all about the Benjamins baby!!
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by ibkgab001: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2015
Show me where I sAid that ... pari
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by juman(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2015
APC is a party with not much interest in agriculture.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by ExInferis(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Gombs:
Yaaaay...

Finally, some good news. I hope no strings attached? Not the one that tomorrow now, we'd be surprised to see same sex marriage approved, and lai Mohammed will come tell us that Lord Bubu never said he'd uphold the law as signed by GEJ.

There are 2 things that form a lot of current nigerian paranoia but which can never happen:

1. Same-sex marriage can never be legalized; christians, muslims, and animists alike would fight to the bitter end to prevent it

2. No one can islamize or chistianize Nigeria; the same set of people above would see to that.

Same-sex relationships, even outside religion, are abominations against nature.

DISCLAIMER: I do occasionally watch lesbian p0rn.

1 Like

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Flets: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2015
pacespot:

I must say I concur with some part of your assertion but not all yet, coz truly I read the news 3 days ago that America's shale oil production is set for a sharp fall. I just hope the rest isn't true, because that will be a sheer stupidity on our part selling the oil at a far too lower price than the international rate

Most producing countries are selling at lesser rates especially nations with huge backlog of crude sitting on tankers incurring huge dummurage costs.

At some point, the increasing holding costs eats into the selling price when there are no buyers. So selling at lower prices to avoid dummurage cost is becoming a norm in the current crude market of low price regimes
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 11:02am On Sep 15, 2015
razid:
Sometimes it's good to be patient and watch event unfolds before making submission. Thought "they" said the US trip was fruitless. grin grin grin

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/us-resumes-crude-oil-imports-from-nigeria/110760.html
OP so U can't detect when the press print rubish. US is not buying from nobody not even from Saudi .They are selling.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by drss(m): 11:07am On Sep 15, 2015
slightlyMad:
am in tears as am reading this because this is marking a new beginning to the change we long for.
monies realized from these sales can finally get us what we have been praying for.
development, education, health etc
a picture of u in tears or we will never beliv it.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by nortcentrallord(m): 11:14am On Sep 15, 2015
Flets:
Nigerians should not get carried away

Due to the fall of crude prices, shale oil production has become unprofitable. As such, US has resumed increased import of foreign crude oil but at a pre-agreed cheaper rate than global prices.

The US resumed crude import came at a price. The first is sales at rates cheaper than global prices and the second is the installation of Ex Mobil Director Kachikwu as NNPC GMD to protect American interest.

A careful look at the write-up indicates that the onshore crude being purchased is Mobil's Qua Iboe crude (american interest) and the other unsaid story is that its currently being sold at $29.60 below global prices of $45+.

Enough of the noise, Nigeria aint gaining.

Most Nigerians are daft. They rejoice @ virtually anything @ all. I just pity Nigeria.
Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2015
BlaqCoffee109:
Loannes, lets not get overly emotional here...we are talking about the collective sociopolitical and economic growth of our dear country and the prospect of living up to her potentials as an economic powerhouse away from the firm grip of neocolonialism and not the persona of GEJ...that given...if you didn't know already that the US and its foreign policy is a threat to this nation,I dare say the proverbial ostrich with its head buried in the sand has nothing on you! is US truly an ally of Nigeria? its all about the Benjamins baby!!

I get u sis, and I think we are saying the same thing. it's all about the benjamins.
we need their money to develop our economy.
we need to diversify our economy So that we can be self reliant and become not only a regional or continental champion, But also a world player.
if U.S. wants to buy our crude why not? I don't see many other countries lining up for our crude especially as Iran is about to flood the market with theirs.

No matter How much we hate the U.S. we must trade with them for now and keep up appearances of being an ally.

Hope u noticed that our war against BH has improved greatly since they started selling arms to us.
who is benefitting? obviously the Nigerian masses who no longer die en masse.

That's putting this country first.
If we hold on to some perceived hurt or grievance in the past, Nigerian lives would have been the price we would pay for such pettiness.

when America comes with their useless policies and tries to force that down our throat, then we can start screaming.

their purchase of our crude is not based on any untoward agreement that I know of. or Maybe I am poorly informed on this matter. I stand to be corrected then.

1 Like

Re: US Resumes Crude Oil Imports From Nigeria by nortcentrallord(m): 11:21am On Sep 15, 2015
WombRaiders:

Your comment is filled with intelligence. The second most sane comment I 'v seen on this thread. The problem is we the so called 70% are so blinded with ethnicity, Religion and some stupid age long tradition to see the bigger picture. We are getting ripped off everyday by the western world in very easy ways by different formulas. And we blindly support slavery. Nigeria is a joke of a country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘Harassment Of National Assembly May Lead To Buhahi’s Impeachment’ - Agbazuere / Police Dislodge Yoruba Nation Camp In Alausa, Lagos / Why I Declared Babajide Sanwo-olu Winner – APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.