Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,970 members, 7,866,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students (667 Views)

Governor Ugwuanyi Offers Scholarship To Cynthia Chinecherem Ali With 9 A1 / Bukola Saraki Gives Scholarship To 1st Class Law Students Of Unilorin..photos / Sokoto State Governor Gives N1m Reward Initiativeto Cleanest Street In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students by RollingStones(m): 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nigeria's Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has awarded two scholarships worth N1m to two students of the University of Ilorin to support their training at the Nigerian Law School.

The students, both first class students in Law and Kwara indigenes, are Mohammed Abdullahi Tosin and Adam Mohammed Ndakuku.

While presenting cheques of N500, 000 to each of the beneficiaries at his Ilofa GRA residence, on Monday, Saraki said the aim of the scholarship was to help fund their training at the Nigerian Law School (NLS).

The former governor said government alone cannot cater for the people's needs, hence the need for interventions like his.

“My aim is to ensure that the fund is used as a form of social security to support existing state scholarship scheme," the Senate President said.

"The plan is to further give vent to my belief that government alone cannot effectively take care of the needs of our people."

He also emphasized the need to develop Nigeria's human resources.

“It is also my believe that the resource Nigeria has to propel her development is her human resource and those who can change the course of Nigeria’s development and make it faster and in compliance with world standard are already here."

Saraki, who was two-term Governor of Kwara State from 2003 to 2011, became a Senator in April 2011 and was elected the Senate President on the 9th of June 2015.

http://pulse.ng/student/university-of-ilorin-saraki-gives-n1m-scholarship-to-2-unilorin-law-students-id4155598.html?utm_campaign=art-university-of-ilorin-saraki-gives-n1m-scholarship-to-2-unilorin-law-students-2015-09-15&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Re: Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students by Imortal001: 6:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
Good
Re: Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students by bife: 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
old news
Re: Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students by benedictnsi(m): 6:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
This is the kinda news we should be seeing....... Not Aregbesola........
Re: Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students by RollingStones(m): 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
bife:
old news

Commot Joor
Re: Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students by RollingStones(m): 6:56pm On Sep 15, 2015
benedictnsi:
This is the kinda news we should be seeing....... Not Aregbesola........

That goat Aregbe is the most wicked Gov ever liveth
Re: Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students by benedictnsi(m): 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
RollingStones:

That goat Aregbe is the most wicked Gov ever liveth

I d tell you my brother....... That man should be offered to the Osun state Oracles as a sacrifice
Re: Saraki Gives N1m Scholarship To 2 UNILORIN Law Students by Tallesty1(m): 7:04pm On Sep 15, 2015
benedictnsi:

I d tell you my brother....... That man should be offered to the Osun state Oracles as a sacrifice
Obara Emmanuel

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Probe Akume, I Wonder Why Ortom Is After Me – Suswam / We Can’t Overlook A Lot Of Things (saraki Vs CCT) – Tinubu / Here Are 7 Things APC Attacked Jonathan For Doing That Buhari Is Currently Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.