Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:29 PM

I Want To Learn Mobile App Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Mobile App Development (988 Views)

Pls Where Can I Learn Mobile App Development / Learn Mobile App Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn Mobile App Development by iwatch: 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
Hello,

I want to learn mobile app development specifically for android and ios.

Which programming language should I learn and can I master it in 6 months- year?

Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Mobile App Development by mexzony: 9:09am On Sep 16, 2015
First of all do you know how to program.
If you don't then jumping into mobile app development while you may write apps but yiu would never be very good as your code would be half baked.
First learn how to program I repeat learn how to program, the language you use is just a tool and does not matter but the principles behind programming.
If I may ask what language do you intend to use?
If its the language I am learning I can recommend two very good books.
Re: I Want To Learn Mobile App Development by moski5(m): 1:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
mexzony:
First of all do you know how to program.
If you don't then jumping into mobile app development while you may write apps but yiu would never be very good as your code would be half baked.
First learn how to program I repeat learn how to program, the language you use is just a tool and does not matter but the principles behind programming.
If I may ask what language do you intend to use?
If its the language I am learning I can recommend two very good books.

I'm yet to learn programming but I'm interested in app development Which programming language n books will you "prescribe "
thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Mobile App Development by mexzony: 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2015
moski5:

I'm yet to learn programming but I'm interested in app development Which programming language n books will you "prescribe "
thanks
I currently learning c# using the books
Illustrated c# 2012 4th edition.
Now this other book is the bomb it's called
Fundamentals of computer programming with c#.
It teaches you everything about how to think like a programmer and see the language as a tool. The advantage here is that it is using c# which is the language I am learning.
http://it-ebooks.info/book/1058/
And [url]introprogramming.info[/url]
For the second link go to the c# section
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Mobile App Development by alcuin(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2015
First of all, learn Python. there are lots of tutorials on the net.
After getting your hands on Python to an intermediate level, jump into Kivy, a graphical framework for Python and used to develop mobile apps on android and ios.

You have all u need on the internet for free.

Thanks.
Re: I Want To Learn Mobile App Development by youngfellow: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
Except you want to use some frameworks, different platform uses different languages e.g android use java, ios use swift and window mobile uses c++, you can easily pick up any pl book want from d net and start working ur way 2 d top.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ubutun Trainning / Need Help With Working With Direcories In PHP / Get Your Programming Tutorials Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.